Verum Videre (Jackson Robinson / Kings Wild Project)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Thedissident001
Collector: Yes

Re: Verum Videre (Jackson Robinson / Kings Wild Project)

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

Now POSSIBLY being released on Thursday.
Attachments
0B89596C-A2C6-4574-80AC-22E185FCACDD.jpeg
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Cardians wrote:NOT!

I don't quite recall, but was there an age limit to sign up here? Even if there isn't, I'm not sure it helps having these 12 year olds running around..

As for this deck, if it's a currency deck similar to his others I probably won't be interested, I gotta put it out there though that the chinese currency deck might just be my favourite I have from him, I want to see some more different stuff like that except not even currency.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I look forward to the Canadian currency deck (which will be available at around 85% the cost of the US Legal Tender).

I look forward to the British currency deck, even though it will likely weigh a lot.

And, or course, the German decks will be... marked.
This space intentionally left blank.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

It seems that JR is putting into use his 1962 Heidelberg Letter-Press, which should bring the costs down significantly... Well maybe not, after all this will be a special deck with the tuck box printed by the artist in his 1962 Heidelberg Letter-Press!!
None of the tucks catch my eye, and they seems just a plain tuck box, no embossing or foil or any other special thing, oh wait, those are printed by the artist in his 1962 Heidelberg Letter-Press!! So they are really special...
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Based on the name of this deck, I wonder what truth we will see? That maybe he's running out of ideas.. Nothing to see here... Move along
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

rousselle wrote:I look forward to the Canadian currency deck (which will be available at around 85% the cost of the US Legal Tender).

I look forward to the British currency deck, even though it will likely weigh a lot.

And, or course, the German decks will be... marked.
I think you need to ban yourself for this post...
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

After reading all the comments in this thread..........

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCi-fytEQO8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/youtube]
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

The cost and pics of the decks from Kardify. Drops Friday, crazy limited numbers.

http://www.kardify.com/2017/11/news-5-t ... about.html
Move on, nothing to see here.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

As I feared " Both tuck cases were letterpressed by Jackson on his 1963 Heidelberg Windmill Press"...

Nothing new there, all the same over and over again... Too bad he went for the easy path, just change the color scheme do a "new" back design and ask for the sucker's money..
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

JR certainly made lots of cash for lots of backers across a number of his projects.
It is easy to differentiate the successful from the failures at that profit making exercise.
Failed profit takers clogging up these boards with the Projectioning and the Telegraphing of >Their Own Inefficiencies and Inaccuracies< ....
They never seem to tire of embarrassing themselves .... whilst vexatiously and mendaciously maligning a great volume producer who is *not in the least* interested in their >>petty and malicious negativity<<.
This is one of the >Truths<, indeed >The Truth< perpetuated throughout this thread.
That is all.
Carry on.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

I've seen a lot of keyboard warriors hiding behind their computer screens in my day. What can be done about the Troll of UC? The great hijacker of threads. He's such a small, small man going on and on about the inadequacies of others as a way to mask his own insecurities. Tsssk tsssk zzzzzz. Its so amusing to hear one call others petty and malicious from the pettiest of them all. He clearly has no mirror in his mother's basement where he surely resides. Not everyone gets on their hands and knees to suck up to designers like you do, people are entitled to their opinions, even if negative, so get over it.
That is all, Bruno, carry on...to somewhere else.

Getting back on topic, I hate it when people proclaim "only 900 decks made available" as a means to ratchet up artificial "rarity". This probably fools simpletons like Bruno, but what I want to know is how many decks were made. I couldn't give a Bruno's ass about how many decks you're going to trickle out at a time, you can make "only 900 available" over time indefinitely. I'd like basic transparency as to how many were actually printed and in existence. I guess since he stated only 72 gold versions were printed, so I guess that's the actual amount, which is legitimately rare. But a color change and tuck swap for $48.00 per deck? PASS! $24.00 for the standard deck with no Metallux is a joke as well. To me, the design on this deck looks like Jackson just phoned it in. Many others produce letter pressed tucks, so nothing ground-breaking here, either. Jackson's gone back to the currency well just too often for me. Maybe he should just stick to making t-shirts from now on.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

I am all for justifyable criticism ol' mate ....
But when many on here cannot hide their insecurities/inefficiencies whilst doing so .... ?

JR profiting on his own creativity is not allowed ?

Tzzzzz, yup.

Mothers basement.
Are you serious ?
Have you no honour, Alric ?
You undermine y'self.

Easily settled.
You may ask any of the creators I engage with, any of them, ask them if Bruno sucks, ever ....
Gahead, do so.

I will not expect any sort of retraction from you at any time. :D
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
pstaehlin

Unread post by pstaehlin »

So.... let's start talking positive about Jackson instead. Nobody's perfect but I think he's got honest intentions to make money to support his family. And I for one admire his work. Yeah, sure, some more than others. But not many card deck designers can say they have one of the rarest sought after decks out there. The Black Unbranded Reserve Note deck! ...which I wish I had. :-)
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Bruno wrote:JR certainly made lots of cash for lots of backers across a number of his projects.
It is easy to differentiate the successful from the failures at that profit making exercise.
Failed profit takers clogging up these boards with the Projectioning and the Telegraphing of >Their Own Inefficiencies and Inaccuracies< ....
They never seem to tire of embarrassing themselves .... whilst vexatiously and mendaciously maligning a great volume producer who is *not in the least* interested in their >>petty and malicious negativity<<.
This is one of the >Truths<, indeed >The Truth< perpetuated throughout this thread.
That is all.
Carry on.
Do you ever make sense?
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

I think his artwork is pretty fantastic and those decks of his that I own (around 15 unique decks) I like a lot for the most part. Which is why its particularly unfortunate that he has started pricing his decks so highly despite a lack of features to justify it. And that he has allowed quality to slip in terms of printing as well as delivering on certain aspects of projects that were promised. As a result I find that I don't back / purchase the majority of his decks. I would love to own them, but the bad feeling of not receiving what is promised and the premium pricing for a standard spec product keeps me away. Its too expensive and risky to try to maintain collecting his decks.

The fact that he needs to make money and has enough popularity to sell large volumes of decks despite this isn't something that bothers me. I am happy for him, its great to see a card artist being able to flourish in an industry I love. What upsets me is that I don't feel I am able to be a part of it any longer.
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

TGunitedcardists wrote:
Bruno wrote:JR certainly made lots of cash for lots of backers across a number of his projects.
That is all.
Carry on.
Do you ever make sense?
I just finished reading The Stand, and this fool immediately brought Harold Lauder to mind, funny how people like that really do exist :/

I have to admit I do love the tuck for this deck, but standard courts, and at that price? Hell no.
Stevecru

Unread post by Stevecru »

His biblical nonsense is annoying as well.
vincero

Re: Verum Videre (Jackson Robinson / Kings Wild Project) (wa

Unread post by vincero »

He is doing well to evangelise his faith through his tuck boxes. Unfortunately, I do not subscribe to this. I stopped buying after legal tender.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

If JR can sell decks of cards at higher prices than he should then who's to blame- the creator or the consumer? I have always given credit to artists that can do that. I don't like it but I don't have to like it- there are clearly enough people out there who do. So his profit-making ability doesn't bother me. And I'm sure I speak for many here when I say that his designs don't bother me either- he's a truly gifted artist. What bothers me is his "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude which I perceive as smug and arrogant. Not only do things go wrong but when they do his "solution" is either take a refund or deal with it. And for those counting here's a list of all the false promises over the years:
CRAZY 8s
What was offered: embossing on LTD tuck case
What was sold: NO embossing on LTD tuck case (in fairness an extra autographed deck was included for free)

TEXAS
What was offered: a black on blue color scheme on the back of the cards
What was sold: a black on very dark grey, almost black color scheme

TALLY-HO BLACK DIAMOND
What was offered: metal tuck case
What (will be) sold: wooden tuck case

LEGAL TENDER
What was offered: holographic strip on court cards
What was sold: no holographic strips

PEARL TALLY-HO
What was offered: 100 Gilded decks
What was sold: at least 200 Gilded decks

That's not even including the mistakes that were made in these and other projects (most notably the Gold Liberty deck with "LIBETY" written on the side of the tuck) but hey, we're all human- mistakes happen. But the false advertisement and unwillingness to face his critics is what will keep me from buying any more of his stuff. I know we're a tough crowd but when the going got tough, JR got going... away from UC.
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

The metal Black Diamond was actually delivered.

As for this project, the Gold edition says "only 72 Gold editions produced". Does this refer to the packaging only? Is the USPC minimum run still 1000? Will 900+ gold decks surface later in some other package?

I'm usually supportive of JR and attribute many of the issues to production challenges, but these numbers just don't add up. This is something different.
theCapraAegagrus

TGunitedcardists wrote:
That is all.
Carry on.
Do you ever make sense?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

vasta41 wrote:If JR can sell decks of cards at higher prices than he should then who's to blame- the creator or the consumer? I have always given credit to artists that can do that. I don't like it but I don't have to like it- there are clearly enough people out there who do. So his profit-making ability doesn't bother me. And I'm sure I speak for many here when I say that his designs don't bother me either- he's a truly gifted artist. What bothers me is his "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude which I perceive as smug and arrogant. Not only do things go wrong but when they do his "solution" is either take a refund or deal with it. And for those counting here's a list of all the false promises over the years:
CRAZY 8s
What was offered: embossing on LTD tuck case
What was sold: NO embossing on LTD tuck case (in fairness an extra autographed deck was included for free)

TEXAS
What was offered: a black on blue color scheme on the back of the cards
What was sold: a black on very dark grey, almost black color scheme

TALLY-HO BLACK DIAMOND
What was offered: metal tuck case
What (will be) sold: wooden tuck case

LEGAL TENDER
What was offered: holographic strip on court cards
What was sold: no holographic strips

PEARL TALLY-HO
What was offered: 100 Gilded decks
What was sold: at least 200 Gilded decks

That's not even including the mistakes that were made in these and other projects (most notably the Gold Liberty deck with "LIBETY" written on the side of the tuck) but hey, we're all human- mistakes happen. But the false advertisement and unwillingness to face his critics is what will keep me from buying any more of his stuff. I know we're a tough crowd but when the going got tough, JR got going... away from UC.
Honestly, though:

1. The lack of embossing on the Crazy 8's tuck cases was, intentionally or otherwise, an improvement. It fits the childish artwork of the theme.

2. I don't think that the black-on-blue would have looked as good as some may have expected. They're not very complimentary colors outside of MTG.

3. As stated, the metal case was delivered (albeit late), and this didn't affect the form or functionality of the decks in the slightest bit. Non-point IMO.

4. This one is valid; as is the lack of tuck seals promised.

5. How can you complain about a mistake corrected in the first 24 hours of the campaign, that matches the numbers offered in previous campaigns, and provides more availability to backers and customers? Very non-sensible.

You gotta let some things go. Look at how many iterations designers go through just by communicating with collectors here. The only unreasonable change he made on your list was the Legal Tender item. That was a bad campaign, but all things being equal, the artwork was some of his very best.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Your personal opinions on the Crazy 8 and Texas campaigns are just that- your opinions. The fact is what was promised and what was actually delivered were two different things. I stand corrected on the Tally-Ho projects- when I first came up with this list (with help from hikeeba: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9375&p=112357&hilit ... ic#p112357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) it was before these issues were rectified. But my general point to all of this is BUYER BEWARE. And as far as letting things go, I'm a stubborn Italian- I let NOTHING go :)
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Vasta,

Add this to your list.

ARTHURIAN
What was offered Signed Key card for those who bought Limited Camelot "Book" Edition
What was sold Unsigned Key card in Display deck

Now I emailed JR and he explained to me he was able to get the unsigned key cards printed and put in display deck which makes sense to me. He did send me an opened display deck and signed the key card but only because I made the effort to contact him. If you have the Limited Camelot Book, which turned out very nice in my opinion, with no signed key card like he said we'd get and want it email him at jackson [at] kingswildproject.com and ask.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some on this thread are saying that there's nothing new/interesting going on with this deck, but didn't the Kardify article say that there would be five metallic inks on the courts? Or, am I misremembering?

Metallic inks are more expensive. It's very rare to see as many as five on a deck (although T11's Purple Jaqk deck looks like it might have four or five, and the effect is pretty awesome. Of course... they do so at high enough quantities to be able to lower the price to $10 per deck....) I look forward to seeing reviews of the deck once it's in people's hands. While I won't be backing any more of Jackson's KS projects, I'm not opposed to purchasing an existing deck if it sounds worthwhile.

So, am I remembering correctly that this deck is supposed to have five metallic inks on the cards themselves (not just the tuck)? I *think* I'm talking about the same deck... but it's early, and I'm tired. I'm sure you all will be kind enough to correct me if I'm wrong.

>ducks<
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Yes, 5 metallic inks on the courts. Seems strange since I don't see 5 colors on what's shown, unless the Diamond/Heart have different colors.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

All that said, I still have a yen to see JR's Japanese currency deck.
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

I hope you're not pounding your fists in anger waiting for JR to finish the England currency deck rousselle.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

If a designer says that x amount of decks will be available, I usually don't care about what's the actual total because it'll make sense that they'll keep plenty of decks for themselves. Like Giovanni for example.

I seen they're both sold out. I won't buy in the after market either. Interesting how these will be sold.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

1 p.m. EST sale started.