Regalia by Shin Lim, Available Now

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Cardians
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Re: Regalia by Shin Lim, Available Now

Unread post by Cardians »

Shouldn't cost no more than $10 to ship 1 deck regular post.
Myv

Unread post by Myv »

RichK wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:International shipping is $26.49 :cry:
Which site, Shin's or hocus-pocus?
Thanks, gonna ask if refund available from Shin's site, shipping is pretty ridiculous :(
Bikefanatic
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

For US, total is $20.54. Though these are Standard, the backs and tuck makes it worth getting.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

We have these available also folks, despatching tomorrow. https://jpgamesltd.co.uk/Regalia-Playing-Cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
Bikefanatic

Very interesting deck, worth the price without hype. They're shiny and easy to fan and shuffle. I like how the cards look, it's a grid pattern on the faces. I don't know what's the difference between the two Queen of Spades after looking at them.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I like the tuck and deck. It is not really innovative with the courts or pips, but the tuck and backs are nice. I am not an expert on the foil backs that come from USPCC, but the gold "foil" on these backs from Cartamundi seem to have a platic feel as if they are a metalic coating like the card coating. It doesn't seem like the typical hot stamped foil we see on tucks or Lotrek's cards. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but it doesn't seem to be foil.

Overall though, I really like the decks, especially for the price.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I've been playing around with these for a while now and here are the highlights and lowlights:

Highlights

Beautifully foiled card backs
Unique tuck case
Double cellophane wrapping
Decent handling, especially considering the foil
Useful gaff cards
Amazing value for the price

Lowlights

Really really soft stock
The hot foil stamping is pretty visible from the opposite side of the cards
Standard courts
Outer "tuck" is only a sleeve
Cards have a modern cut - they faro back to front, I would prefer a traditional cut.

I can live with the standard courts, they probably helped keep the cost down so I appreciate that, especially in light of all the other bells and whistles that add so much value. The stock is some of the softest I've felt. I've got a lot of Carta Mundi decks and they always felt on the stiff side for me, but these are soft to the degree where I wonder about the long term durability, especially for cardistry. Since the outer tuck is only a sleeve and the inner tuck is completely open on one side, the cards aren't really sealed in by the tucks, especially from atmospheric influences. I guess this is why Shin Lim went with an outer cellophane wrap as well as an inner cello wrap for the cards themselves. When you hold the face of the cards in the light, you can clearly see the back pattern stamped through from the foiling process. The Carta Mundi finish is very slippery, but not as even as I'd like - probably due to the foiling. Having said that, the cards handle well for a foiled deck and they don't feel plastic-y like Legends produced decks do.

The bottom line is that you get a whole lot of very nice premium features for the price of a typical KS deck without the unique tuck and foiling on the card backs. Hats off to Shin Lim for pricing these decks under $14.00. He could've charged $18.00-$20.00 per deck for these and they still would've been snatched up and still worth it. Carta Mundi did a great job on the foiling as well - the patterns are crisp and sharp and the foiling is very shiny as it should be. I give the Regalia deck a hearty thumbs up!
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

New Version is coming soon:
https://www.shinlimmagic.com/whiteregaliacomingsoon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I had just pulled out his Regalia deck to handle again. Those cards really handle well. I wish he would put out a new design though than just change it to a white background. I am on the fence.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I didn't buy the first release. I can't remember why. I was interested, and even more so considering that Cartamundi printed it and foiled it, but I didn't pull the trigger for some reason.

I like this one a lot better and will definitely be adding both to the ol' collection.

After browsing the history of this thread, I think that Sinjin's post turned me off to the purchase.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

The white version is available on Shin Lim's site now.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Once again a sub-$15 foiled deck. Bravo! Not keen on the almost $7 shipping fee but I guess if this were marketed as "$21.50 with free shipping" I would be intrigued. I just wish the tuck reflected the beautiful cards that are inside.
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

vasta,

I think that's kind of the point though, this is an illusionist's deck afterall, and magic is about revealing the unseen.
willroya
Magician: Yes

Unread post by willroya »

I will have the white version in stock on Tuesday. The blacks are now completely sold out.
http://www.PlayingCardDecks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stores.ebay.com/Playing-Card-Decks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/playingcarddecks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.instagram.com/playingcarddecks_com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/playingcarddecks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Hopefully, you can offer them domestically for a lower cost including shipping. I am interested, but not at his pricing including shipping to the US.
willroya

Unread post by willroya »

I added them to the site today, here is the link:

https://playingcarddecks.com/products/r ... cartamundi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.PlayingCardDecks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stores.ebay.com/Playing-Card-Decks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/playingcarddecks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.instagram.com/playingcarddecks_com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/playingcarddecks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mce

Unread post by mce »

Does anyone know the order the regalia playing cards come in? Is it Shin Lim's individual stack or some Faros away from a standard stack?
AS, 5C, 8D, JD, 5H, QS, 8C, 5S, 10C, 8H, 5D, 9S,10H, 2S, 4C, KC, 10D, 2D, 4H, KH, KS, 7C, 6S, KD, 9C, 7H, 6D, 10S, 9H, 3S, 3C, QC, 9D, 3D, 2C, 8H, 7D,6C, 2H, QD, 6H, 8S, JS, 3H, 4D, JC, JH, 4S, 7S, AD, AC, AH
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

mce wrote:Does anyone know the order the regalia playing cards come in? Is it Shin Lim's individual stack or some Faros away from a standard stack?
AS, 5C, 8D, JD, 5H, QS, 8C, 5S, 10C, 8H, 5D, 9S,10H, 2S, 4C, KC, 10D, 2D, 4H, KH, KS, 7C, 6S, KD, 9C, 7H, 6D, 10S, 9H, 3S, 3C, QC, 9D, 3D, 2C, 8H, 7D,6C, 2H, QD, 6H, 8S, JS, 3H, 4D, JC, JH, 4S, 7S, AD, AC, AH
It cames in the Shim Lim's personal stack, which is inspired/adapted from Juan Tamariz Mnemonica.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

White version on sale at playingcarddecks.com for $9.99: https://playingcarddecks.com/products/r ... cartamundi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Congrats to Shin for winning America's Got Talent, the first non-singer to win in the history of the contest. The one million dollar grand prize is pretty cool, too. Wonder if he'll go all out on his next deck with his newfound cash. I don't know if there are any other millionaire deck designers out there.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

sinjin7 wrote:Congrats to Shin for winning America's Got Talent, the first non-singer to win in the history of the contest. The one million dollar grand prize is pretty cool, too. Wonder if he'll go all out on his next deck with his newfound cash. I don't know if there are any other millionaire deck designers out there.
I wonder if Mr. JR has ever been worth a million dollars...

I know that most of his funds go towards the campaign itself, but he has run some very high-$$$$$ Kickstarters...
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE

Unread post by hsbc »

Regalia Red Playing Cards (Signature Edition), $20.00

Regalia is a symbol of excellence, prestige, and innovation. The moment your audience gazes at each individual gold-foiled Regalia Red playing card, they'll know they're about to witness something spectacular.
Everything about Regalia Red Playing Cards (Signature Edition) is special.

Each Regalia Red playing card is crafted with the finest crushed linen paper found in Belgium. The gold foil red backs were developed and produced in-house to the most exacting standards by Cartamundi.
The feel of these cards are smooth, buttery magnificence.

The box (as with the white Regalia Playing Cards) is a revolutionary two-layer case. Designed with red foil embossed accents and a beautiful red ribbon pull tab, the box has both a luxurious appeal as well as double-layer protection for the cards.

This box is in perfect harmony to the prestigious cards and SIGNED in foil on the back by the AGT 2x winner himself, Shin Lim.

"And while this is absolutely not how I speak in real life, I just wanted to write something fancy for the ad copy. This is seriously an amazing deck of cards. They feel great in the hands and yes, they Faro shuffle perfectly. I present to you Regalia Red Playing Cards (Signature Edition), printed by Cartamundi, designed by Nick Vlow, and produced by yours truly."
- Shin Lim

Includes:

N9 True Linen finish by Cartamundi
Gold cold foil backs
Revolutionary 2 layer case
Blank face gaff card
Duplicate Queen of Spades
2 custom Jokers
Custom Ace of Spades

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Bikefanatic

I have the first edition, not the second white edition. This black and red one looks nice, I might get it in the future. I may secretly like red/black tucks.

-Lotrek

Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

N9 True Linen Finish? Did I miss something or is this just a typo?
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Finally! Truth in advertising . I'm loving this. Such a contrast to the 2022 hype we've seen. :lol:
And while this is absolutely not how I speak in real life, I just wanted to write something fancy for the ad copy.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

I have kinda flared out on the completionist itch I used to have to scratch, and in particular I'm no longer as enamored with recolors as I used to be, but the originals of these are nice enough, and I'm a sucker for shiny, and Shin Lim seems like a mostly cool guy (although a friend of mine was in Vegas and went to catch his show and, well... the report was discouraging), and all this taken into account... I think I might. I just might....

Edit: the fact that this is available via Penguin, and can thereby be combined with other purchases and thereby have the shipping reduced makes this even more tempting.
This space intentionally left blank.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE

Unread post by hsbc »

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J