BICYCLE MARBLE deck by Max. The LAST Textured Rider back

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: BICYCLE MARBLE deck by Max. The LAST Textured Rider back

Unread post by Bradius »

I wonder if they will let you Customize the front and sides and leave the back alone. That is not idea, but maybe an option if they will allow it. If they really limit the customization of the tuck, it is going to really kill the Bicycle brand going forward in my opinion.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Bradius wrote:I wonder if they will let you Customize the front and sides and leave the back alone. That is not idea, but maybe an option if they will allow it. If they really limit the customization of the tuck, it is going to really kill the Bicycle brand going forward in my opinion.
Yes, I think that won't be a problem. If I would decide to go on printing with USPCC and creating Texture Series decks, I would choose another of their "allowed" backs (Maiden or Mandolin) or I would create a custom one (that will give me the possibility to print in any other company).

Rider Back gave sense to the Series as I planned from the beginning to make something to be combined with the Standard Bicycle decks. If that's not the case, I have other options.

I wonder (and I would love) if people would like the decks and the artwork even not being a Rider Back.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I know that if you continued the series with Mandolin or Maiden backs, I'd still back them. If you go with a completely new back, it would depend upon the back, naturally, but you've shown good taste so far. :)
This space intentionally left blank.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Thank you @Rousselle for your feedback and support.

I have to admit the project won't probably fund so I have decided to share with you the designs of the Black Edition I planned to launch with the "white" one. As far as the project should have raised much more to unlock this deck, I didn't want to bury it without showing you the result. It was supposed to be the limited deck of the Marble campaign with the lowest print-run in the history of the Texture Series.

I hope you like them

Thanks!
Marble deck MockUp 2 Tucks surface_2.jpg
MDB_Detail.jpg
MDB_back.jpg
MarbleDeckBlackcards.jpg
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I like it Max. I have enjoyed your Texture Series. I didn't think that Sylvia's Avalon kickstarter would fund, but it came through at the last minute. I hope yours picks up some late steam also. I am in for three decks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I am in for six decks. I think part of the problem is that we have so many custom deck kickstarter campaings going on. I have a ton that just finished and have 12 active paying card kickstarter campaigns I am participating in right now. An $18k goal can be tough, but I know you have minimum production issues with USPCC.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Damn shame these haven't funded yet. I'll beef up my pledge but it's stuff that don't look good as these that are funded.

I like the black marble deck better. Why not try to release that one next time or maybe you can't because of the new Bicycle rider back rules.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Damn Max that black deck is nice. It's a crime this current project doesn't look like it'll fund. USPCC's new Rider back rule is stupid in my opinion.
Move on, nothing to see here.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Thank you so much you all for your kind comments.

Yes, it is a pity. I feel a bit frustrated specially because it is completely out of my control (in many ways) as I am not even handling the campaign. I have tried to do whatever is in my hand, including spamming all the backers of the previous projects.

Due to the new rules, I won't be able to print the black one either. CPC told me I would need around 30K to unlock that deck and having in mind we won't probably raise to the funding goal of 18K, I am sure it won't happen.

Anyway, whatever happens, I will be back with my texture series and I will try again with the marble decks. I do love these designs and perhaps they will do better in another moment (with another back I am afraid).

I will appreciate anyway that you share the campaign and spread the voice about it. Miracles can happen ;)

Thanks again for all your support!
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Well, my dear friends.. it couldn't be.

Unfortunately we didn't reach the funding goal and the Marble deck won't be real (at least with the Rider back).

I am trying to pick up all the ideas from the backers to think about a potential relaunch in the future (I need to rest a little bit but I will study all the options). Changing the background of the grey deck is something I am deeply considering, but there are many others things to decide.

Thanks a lot you all for your kind words and support. I'll be back soon (or later)!

Merry Christmas!