La Noche Triste Playing Cards: Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

La Noche Triste Playing Cards: Live on KS

Unread post by flashcards »

flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Re: La Noche Triste Playing Cards: Live on KS

Unread post by flashcards »

I hate to nitpick but the tuck depicts the Filipino warrior chief Lapu Lapu slaying Magellan. It has nothing to do with Cortez or the Aztecs.

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I wish the aces were aces.
Oscar53955
Player: Yes

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

I like the theme of this deck (Aztec civilization), but these cards, especially the aces, are kinda ugly
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

flashcards wrote:I hate to nitpick but the tuck depicts the Filipino warrior chief Lapu Lapu slaying Magellan. It has nothing to do with Cortez or the Aztecs.
That's not nitpicking, that's just exposing at best - poor research, and at worst - carelessness.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

I like the courts. I don't like the pips. I'll have to see the backs before I will consider backing the project. That issue with the tuck artwork is food for thought, though. (nice catch, by the way, flashcards.)
This space intentionally left blank.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

flashcards wrote:I hate to nitpick but the tuck depicts the Filipino warrior chief Lapu Lapu slaying Magellan. It has nothing to do with Cortez or the Aztecs.

Nice catch Flashcards. I looked at the tuck design closely with the given picture you shared and see that the lines & curves on the tuck are exactly similar to the picture in your post above. Most likely, it means that this picture has been used as-is on the tuck using Adobe Photoshop chops and not illustrated or designed. It can't be called poor research or carelessness, it is done deliberately may be due to paucity of ideas taking the backers for a ride. I'm sure 99% of folks would not have been able to find this issue.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

Hi everyone.
I see this picture has debatable situation)
This situation may been with Cortes and aztecs - or you don`t remeber the arrival of "Quetzalcóatl" and next events of conquest. I liked it and thought why not )

"that this picture has been used as-is on the tuck using Adobe Photoshop chops and not illustrated or designed. It can't be called poor research or carelessness."
no it was made in Illustrator by outlines - then i used pfhotoshop to create thus beautifull deck.
And this is not the end of my art - i`ll make post bit later.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Welcome aboard, Mike! Looking forward to hearing more from you about this project.
This space intentionally left blank.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Re: La Noche Triste Playing Cards: Live on KS (wap)

Unread post by sms69x »

Main issue of this project is NPCC (and the price)! The artwork is good, but the poor choice of printer makes it an easy pass...
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Mike wrote:I see this picture has debatable situation)
This situation may been with Cortes and aztecs - or you don`t remeber the arrival of "Quetzalcóatl" and next events of conquest. I liked it and thought why not )
You thought, "Why not?" Really?!? You knew it was Magellan and not Cortez, and you copied it almost identically and tried to pass it off as Cortez anyway. For someone who claims to love history so much, I would expect you would try to at least be accurate with your portrayal of it. If you liked the pose of the combatants, at least try to make the warrior more like an Aztec and change it up a little so it wouldn't be such a blatant rip off, but you couldn't be bothered to do even that.

But getting past the fact that the art on your tuck box is basically fraudulent, this deck is printed by NPCC, yet costs $23.00 per deck shipped to the U.S. This is almost as egregious as you faking the art on the tuck. The only way I would pay for this deck is with a twenty-three dollar bill.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

Main issue of this project is NPCC (and the price)! The artwork is good, but the poor choice of printer makes it an easy pass...
I don`t understand - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/65 ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this project hasn`t any problems with this company.
Can you advice some good company to print. USPCC i can`t make because of big limites of print. May be i don`t know all about this company - i`ll be glad to hear something from you.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

You thought, "Why not?" Really?!? You knew it was Magellan and not Cortez, and you copied it almost identically and tried to pass it off as Cortez anyway. For someone who claims to love history so much, I would expect you would try to at least be accurate with your portrayal of it. If you liked the pose of the combatants, at least try to make the warrior more like an Aztec and change it up a little so it wouldn't be such a blatant rip off, but you couldn't be bothered to do even that.

But getting past the fact that the art on your tuck box is basically fraudulent, this deck is printed by NPCC, yet costs $23.00 per deck shipped to the U.S. This is almost as egregious as you faking the art on the tuck. The only way I would pay for this deck is with a twenty-three dollar bill.
I have another art for deck.
I will post it later - or restart the project if you help me to find good company for printing this tuck
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Mike wrote:
I don`t understand - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/65 ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this project hasn`t any problems with this company.
Can you advice some good company to print. USPCC i can`t make because of big limites of print. May be i don`t know all about this company - i`ll be glad to hear something from you.
Part of that projects incredible success, I backed it, is that the decks are part 2 of their Midgard project. Also, Nicolai has a very interesting artistic style that I like very much. I think others do too.

Doing a limited run of 500 is too low in my opinion. See what EPCC/LPCC charges for a 1000 run. USPCC will do 1000 +- deck runs too.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

Ok, i`ll wait for answer from USPCC to know prices and relaunch project.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

Hi, i make some work with my cards - so tell me please what style will be better -
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Mike wrote:Hi, i make some work with my cards - so tell me please what style will be better -
Keep the cards white, not black.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

Friends, can you help me - i had wrote to USPCC 3 times but didn`t get answer.
How long need to wait answer from them. Who have exp with them - write to me please.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Mike wrote:Friends, can you help me - i had wrote to USPCC 3 times but didn`t get answer.
How long need to wait answer from them. Who have exp with them - write to me please.
I've seen that their response does take time, so you'd need to have some patience.