Ragnarok Playing Cards --- Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
RichK
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

Re: Ragnarok Playing Cards --- Live on KS

Unread post by RichK »

Bradius wrote:This campaign has raised $93,000 so far. Not many decks as remain, so it may be topping out. I mean, I am in, but I don’t see this as better than Ambassadors decks at all. I am just left scratching my head trying to figure out why this is doing so much better than other card campaigns. I mean the Gemini campaign only raised like $68k.
These decks are a follow up to the Midgard series so I figure backers want to complete the "set", like I did. Plus I like Nicolai's artistic style. And I don't know many Norse themed decks out there.

I fear Lotrek might be not getting lots of backers since he has so many decks that took years but are finally being delivered. For what he's offering with metallic inks and blinged out tucks this Ambassadors deck is a steal in my opinion. And it's funded.
Move on, nothing to see here.
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

This deck is the third in a series by Design Imperator - I've just posted pictorial reviews of the first two (Chivalry & Midgard) here:

Pictorial Review: Design Imperator decks (Noir Arts)]

I wouldn't recommend NPCC playing cards for cardistry or card magic. I'd consider the card handling of their newest decks on par with MPC, and a grade lower than USPCC/LPCC. In my opinion they're fine for playing card games and for collectors - the tuck boxes in particular are outstanding.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

RichK wrote:
Bradius wrote:This campaign has raised $93,000 so far. Not many decks as remain, so it may be topping out. I mean, I am in, but I don’t see this as better than Ambassadors decks at all. I am just left scratching my head trying to figure out why this is doing so much better than other card campaigns. I mean the Gemini campaign only raised like $68k.
I fear Lotrek might be not getting lots of backers since he has so many decks that took years but are finally being delivered. For what he's offering with metallic inks and blinged out tucks this Ambassadors deck is a steal in my opinion. And it's funded.
Ambassadors is an elegant and classy deck but it isn't something ground breaking nor is it a deck with highly customized courts. Everything is designed from scratch but still following the traditional look. Plus the delays I had in my previous projects. To be honest, it does better than I was expecting and it will be a well selling deck once it is out.
Rangarok on the other hand has completely custom courts, it is very well designed, the tuck case is very beautiful and the theme is appealing to many people in the world.
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
adams_osu
Player: Yes

Unread post by adams_osu »

Agree with the other posters. I also wonder if the latest Thor movie is generating interest in the topic of Ragnarok, benefiting the campaign. Take a really well designed deck with fortunate timing and I think you have a recipe for the success we've seen.