First playing cards by Chris Ramsay

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.

First playing cards by Chris Ramsay

Unread postby anwar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:10 pm  

New deck from Chris Ramsay : https://instagram.com/p/BZoILStBZeV/.

Back design looks pretty nice
anwar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: First playing cards by Chris Ramsay

Unread postby jerichoholic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:05 pm  

It's now available for preorder for $15 for a decent back design but standard recolored courts, also shipping is via Fedex only apparently which could get pricey for international customers.

http://www.chris-ramsay.com/store/p16/1stplayingcards
jerichoholic
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby Räpylätassu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:12 pm  

Boring deck for 15 USD, I don't see a single thing that makes this worth my while.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 100 DECKS
Räpylätassu
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby MagikFingerz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:14 pm  

Räpylätassu wrote:Boring deck for 15 USD, I don't see a single thing that makes this worth my while.

Agreed. The back is okay, I'd probably get one for $7 tops.
MagikFingerz
Border Patrol
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread postby vedus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:34 pm  

Price per deck, international shipping cost, plus the fact that I always, always, always get screwed by FedEx with duty charges. And, of course, their "convenience" fee for "covering the duty for me at the border". FedEx is the absolute worst service. I have zero clue how they're simultaneously the most expensive.

I had in my head that I was going to get four deck when they were announced, but this is just a deal breaker on every level.
vedus
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby guru » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 pm  

Did anyone watch the latest delay update on Chris's YT channel? Apart from the news on 23000 customers placing pre-orders & production being delayed due to challenges in foil, am I right in assuming that USPC might be doing cold stamping or non-metaluxe foil with 1st Playing Cards for the first time. I may be wrong or trying to read too much in between the lines but what do others think.
Pre-order Bharata Major Arcana Tarot deck at https://goo.gl/EXwrcF
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Sentinel
Sentinel

Unread postby CupcakeBaron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:02 am  

I find it mind blowing that there's enough demand to print 23,000 decks. I'm not saying the cards are bad but they're just... okay.
CupcakeBaron
Initiate
Initiate

Unread postby montenzi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 am  

guru wrote:Did anyone watch the latest delay update on Chris's YT channel? Apart from the news on 23000 customers placing pre-orders & production being delayed due to challenges in foil, am I right in assuming that USPC might be doing cold stamping or non-metaluxe foil with 1st Playing Cards for the first time. I may be wrong or trying to read too much in between the lines but what do others think.

I don't think so. They need some kind of raised 3D foil. Cold foil is completely flat on a surface. Also it is hard to apply Cold Foil to a linen paper stock (quality issues).
montenzi
Deck Artist
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby guru » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:46 am  

montenzi wrote:
guru wrote:Did anyone watch the latest delay update on Chris's YT channel? Apart from the news on 23000 customers placing pre-orders & production being delayed due to challenges in foil, am I right in assuming that USPC might be doing cold stamping or non-metaluxe foil with 1st Playing Cards for the first time. I may be wrong or trying to read too much in between the lines but what do others think.

I don't think so. They need some kind of raised 3D foil. Cold foil is completely flat on a surface. Also it is hard to apply Cold Foil to a linen paper stock (quality issues).

You're right. I missed that raised foil thing in the video. Now, there have been advances in cold foil application to embossed surfaces but not sure why, this deck's foil process doesn't appear to be metaluxe to me. If it is something else, then it will add to the competition on foiling by other vendors which is definitely good for the consumers.
Pre-order Bharata Major Arcana Tarot deck at https://goo.gl/EXwrcF
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Sentinel
Sentinel

Return to New & Custom Decks