Ambassadors by Lotrek

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Cardians
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Re: Ambassadors by Lotrek -- Live on KS

Unread post by Cardians »

Lotrek, How confident are you with a January delivery??

I have to put out there that with other KS projects you've created, your delivery is WAY off...
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Cardians wrote:Lotrek, How confident are you with a January delivery??

I have to put out there that with other KS projects you've created, your delivery is WAY off...
It's February, not January. Maybe I missed it in one tier?
My other KS projects were executed by me while I was still "learning by doing" -hence the production issues. This is printed by EPCC with the artwork completely finished. It really depends on them but they should be in time.
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
Bradius
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

For some reason, I was having a hard time getting my KS to reload. Yeah, by the time I got in there were 19 people, but it didn't load. When I reloaded again and could see the pledge options there were like 29 people already. Wow. Awesome launch. I had to change my pledge several times trying to decide as fast as I could what I wanted. I think I managed to get one of the last EBs, but the regular pledges were fine also. I can't wait to find out about the campaign's stretch goals. It is already moving along nicely.

I feel compelled to note that I have not heard any complaints about using EPCC (Taiwan factory) for the printing. I was about to say that I figured Lotrek has the artwork finished, and the factory has a place for him. Lotrek beat me to it. I am also guessing he is having a third party handle the fulfillment.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Cardians

Thanks Lotrek, I myself missed the misprint as well.

"IF" you pull this off in 3 months (which is unusual in the printing card industry) I'd say you made another staple in the wonderful world of cards. Most here know how long proofs take between creator and manufacturer to approve plus we have to include the Chinese New Years shut down, the slow boat delivery overseas and then Gamblers 2 week sort & ship.

Just seems like a tight deadline.

Anyways, good luck with the campaign (like your going to need it :D )
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Cardians wrote:
"IF" you pull this off in 3 months (which is unusual in the printing card industry) I'd say you made another staple in the wonderful world of cards. Most here know how long proofs take between creator and manufacturer to approve plus we have to include the Chinese New Years shut down, the slow boat delivery overseas and then Gamblers 2 week sort & ship.

Thanks, Cardians!
Ehm... to be honest I totally missed the Chinese New Year's shut down... However, I'm still confident I'll make it.

shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Lotrek wrote:
Cardians wrote:

Thanks, Cardians!
Ehm... to be honest I totally missed the Chinese New Year's shut down... However, I'm still confident I'll make it.
FYI, Chinese New Year falls between Feb 16 - 21, 2018 and I would expect the factories to be shut down from around the 15th - 24th.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Mankin
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 12

Unread post by Mankin »

Too late for the mixed decks early bird, so I went for the green edition EB. Looks nice!
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Mankin wrote:Too late for the mixed decks early bird, so I went for the green edition EB. Looks nice!
Ambassadors is one of these decks that renderings do them no justice at all. The finished product will be WAY better than what can be achieved in a rendering (at least by me...).

portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

HUZZAH! A Lotrek deck half-brick in my price range!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

shermjack wrote:
Lotrek wrote:
Cardians wrote:

Thanks, Cardians!
FYI, Chinese New Year falls between Feb 16 - 21, 2018 and I would expect the factories to be shut down from around the 15th - 24th.
In print industry, they usually have holidays for around 15 days and factories will shut down from around Feb 8th till 23rd for Chinese New Year in 2018.
Cardians

guru wrote: In print industry, they usually have holidays for around 15 days and factories will shut down from around Feb 8th till 23rd for Chinese New Year in 2018.

Thanks exactly my point. So if by a miracle EPCC (Taiwan) can produce two decks and be shipping end of January (very unlikely) will still see them a month after that when you include shipping.

A more realistic date would be April/May to some receiving rewards.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Cardians wrote:
guru wrote: In print industry, they usually have holidays for around 15 days and factories will shut down from around Feb 8th till 23rd for Chinese New Year in 2018.

Thanks exactly my point. So if by a miracle EPCC (Taiwan) can produce two decks and be shipping end of January (very unlikely) will still see them a month after that when you include shipping.

A more realistic date would be April/May to some receiving rewards.
We'll see. I'll be closely watching the process. The real problem with my previous projects was the production issues and reprints I had due to the constant innovations. Now I can print ANYTHING in less than a month (lazy days included). So I believe -based on what they told me from EPCC that we'll be good for February or March. In any case it will take as long as it needs without extra delays caused by mistakes or whatever. It's a normal deck after all without foil etc. that makes the process difficult X10.

PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Lotrek, just wanted to say that I loved seeing this pledge tier. LOL
pierre.PNG
pierre.PNG (6.81 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I pledged for both of them but I like the red better.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Azazaaz
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

Unread post by Azazaaz »

Just received my Collector's Edition decks (well, they've been waiting for me at the post office for a few days but I have terribad work hours). Amazed, baffled by the work that went into those :drool:

Oh, and pledged for a 2+2 on KS of course because the colors on the limited edition!
Alex
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Azazaaz wrote:Just received my Collector's Edition decks (well, they've been waiting for me at the post office for a few days but I have terribad work hours). Amazed, baffled by the work that went into those :drool:

Oh, and pledged for a 2+2 on KS of course because the colors on the limited edition!
Thank you! I'm always glad when the amount of work I put in each project is appreciated.
The Limited Edition colors will be way better than what you see because the turquoise green will be metallic.
And I have a few aces up my sleeve as stretch goals for the L.E...

vedus

Unread post by vedus »

These look incredible. Ignore the little bit of glue on the tuck front I hadn't taken off prior to the picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbNHfuIlpW9/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pstaehlin
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by pstaehlin »

vedus wrote:These look incredible. Ignore the little bit of glue on the tuck front I hadn't taken off prior to the picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbNHfuIlpW9/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I wish now that I would've bought two of those. They are awesome.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

You can still get the collector's editions. They are available here:

https://ucdecksales.com/collections/fro ... -by-lotrek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I find it interesting that the decks from the Add On list are priced lower than the original tiers. I went in for a pair and added on half a brick instead of pledging for the half brick tier. The only thing that's preventing me from going in on a full brick or two is that these are printed by EPCC. I didn't get any Ambassadors Collector's Editions (as beautiful as they are) because they don't handle well enough, so I'm happy to see a more user-friendly version Ambassadors deck.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

sinjin7 wrote:I find it interesting that the decks from the Add On list are priced lower than the original tiers. I went in for a pair and added on half a brick instead of pledging for the half brick tier. The only thing that's preventing me from going in on a full brick or two is that these are printed by EPCC. I didn't get any Ambassadors Collector's Editions (as beautiful as they are) because they don't handle well enough, so I'm happy to see a more user-friendly version Ambassadors deck.
It's not strange at all. $15 is the price with US shipment included. Two decks shipped cost $26. So if you want to add 1 deck you just add the difference: $11. Unless you want to make money overcharging shipment.

As for the Collector's Edition handling, it has improved a lot from my previous decks. Not great but the best you've seen from me so far. Given the chance here, I want to say that I've found a formula that gives VERY good handling. I found it as I was experimenting during Ambassadors' varnishing and I can say that in my next self-produced deck handling will be quite a surprise!

The EPCC versus USPC story: USPC has fantastic handling while EPCC just a bit below (in my opinion). But the cutting of the decks is like playing dice with USPC (sometimes okay, sometimes... forget it) while EPCC has outstanding accuracy and for me as a designer this matters more.

vedus

Unread post by vedus »

I gotta back Lotrek on the handling. No, it's not as clean as a fresh USPCC deck out of the box. I still got a pretty clean fan out of them and I am not any kind of performer with magic or cardistry. The stock and finish are definitely different than what I'm used to, especially with the crazy silver foil on the backs, but they handle pretty clean.

Will they hold up to repeated handling over time? No idea. Out of the box? Pretty clean.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Bradius wrote:You can still get the collector's editions. They are available here:

https://ucdecksales.com/collections/fro ... -by-lotrek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
I think he's talking about the Platinum deck that's pictured. They are sold out, only the black and red are still available.

For the players edition, I figured it may be some extra stuff so that's why I started out with one of each just in case I have to get more.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Lotrek wrote: The EPCC versus USPC story: USPC has fantastic handling while EPCC just a bit below (in my opinion). But the cutting of the decks is like playing dice with USPC (sometimes okay, sometimes... forget it) while EPCC has outstanding accuracy and for me as a designer this matters more.
These are exactly my sentiments as well. As a collector and someone who uses my decks, poor registration prevents me from preferring USPC over EPCC/LPCC.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

A treat for the eye
Amabassadors_Collectors_Edition
Amabassadors_Collectors_Edition
Suberb work!
Tuck box is one of the best out there, the deep embossing is very detailed and looks amazing! Just found myself rubbing my thumb on the tuck box just because it feels great!
The back design is very nice, very detailed and the foil is spot on!
The faces... well, the faces are ok, but I feel the colors that were chosen do not go well the the stock, the artwork looks somewhat muted.
A great deck nonetheless, and it will really pop on your collection for the imposing tuck case!

Congrats Lotrek!
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Signature Edition lo.jpg
Defining luxury: Silky fabric binding the golden stock of the tuck case, stamped with gold foil, hand numbered and signed. Available exclusively during the last 24h of the KS campaign.

Oscar53955

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

:drool: I’m all over this signature edition as well!
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Lotrek wrote: Defining luxury: Silky fabric binding the golden stock of the tuck case, stamped with gold foil, hand numbered and signed. Available exclusively during the last 24h of the KS campaign.
Called it on the tuck! Will own it if not too limited.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

It looks interesting, I wonder what the price point will be? If it is like the last campaign, then the quantity will be whatever is sold during the campaign. I don't think this will be a runout in the first hour or anything. Still, it doesn't hurt to put a timer on it! lol
peterhonghong

Unread post by peterhonghong »

Bradius wrote:It looks interesting, I wonder what the price point will be? If it is like the last campaign, then the quantity will be whatever is sold during the campaign. I don't think this will be a runout in the first hour or anything. Still, it doesn't hurt to put a timer on it! lol
The signature deck sale from UCdecks are 55/ each and 65/ each from KS!