Bicycle Divine by Elite Playing Cards - Live on Kickstarter

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Bicycle Divine by Elite Playing Cards - Live on Kickstar

Unread post by Encarded »

Definitely does not appear to be cutting issues. If it was, the corner accents and pips would be in noticeably different places (looks like perhaps 3-4mm different if you compare the background details), but they look to be very close to the positions of the hearts card.

Seems like that one card had a slightly different scale, as you said, in the Photoshop/Illustrator file. Those things can happen when juggling 56 files and making design changes. It takes some real careful review to catch things like that.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I feel like the official response from the creators/producers of a deck when a situation like this occurs shows just how open and trustworthy a person/company is. If they can't even admit the nature and extent of the mistake, regardless of whose fault it is, that's a big minus in my book. Compare it to the Blue Crown's missing card issue, they also could have handled it differently by stating it on their site, but at least they acknowledged it (and rectified it, to a certain extent) with the act of printing and adding the missing card to all orders.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
DukeBoy
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

That is my issue not that it happened but that they are unwilling to acknowledge that it happened.
10-4 over and out
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Actually if you check the design on the KS page, you'll see that is not the 10 of Clubs that is misprinted, actually are the other 51 cards that are misprinted! The 10oC is the only card that shows all the scroll work that make this deck so unique an beautiful (even with this mistake I still love this deck!).

Just a word of appreciation for this company, 2 of the 3 decks I bought came slight damage, I contact them, and they prompt replace the 2 decks! I think that a nice gesture from them.

Love this deck!
ImageImage
Oswin
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Oswin »

Hello, I use this topic to ask a question about this factory.

I'v pre-order many Divine Decks directly from their website, if I look my statut the decks have not be sending. I've mail this guy, and he announce that the decks was shipped and give me back a tracking number..... The package is delivered ! Not to me.... So, I directly mail him why the statut of my order is not changed. He answer me "we do not actualise the order website". It's amazing because, my last order was definitely closed and well shipping.
I do not really know if it's the really tracking number, I do not want to ask again if I'm still upset me....
I have taken steps to find out why and how of where my package, it was not on French soil!
What do I do now !? I feel like an idiot here

So, someone already have problem with their !?
"Le temps passe, mais les oeufs durs !" - Daniel Prévost