Nouveau Gemmes

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
RichK
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

Nouveau Gemmes

Unread post by RichK »

3rd and last deck of Nouveau series.

Limited to 500, EPCC, embossed tuck, numbered seal.

Move on, nothing to see here.
Räpylätassu
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Nouveau Gemmes

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

New courts!
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Thanks for spreading the word RichK, we're already funded! :) Since there are very few available spots left I'll be updating the campaign with new reward tiers for limited items. For now there are some spots for prototype decks, which will be printed by MPC and delivered in December, but there will be more items announced shortly. Also if we reach €5600, etched brass/copper/stainless steel card clips will be available as add ons
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

I'm a little late to the party because I hurt my back last weekend. Looks like every tier is sold out. If someone wants to drop a pledge, please let me know so I can pick it up. Thanks.

EDIT: Picked up a pledge. Thanks!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Princess, just keep a close eye on the campaign. I have already seen at least one spot open up the past day. Often folks drop out just before it ends and you can get a set. Good luck.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Princess, I suggest checking back on Kickstarter several times. Often a someone drops off as the Kickstarter campaign nears the end, and a set becomes available. I have saw one set open up yesterday. I managed to snag a limited set for Jackson Robinson's letter-pressed edition of the Federal 52 that way. I was really ticked too when it just was released and all the limited sets were instantly sold. Good luck!
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Guys, as promised to everyone that missed the campaign and wanted to pledge for Gemmes, they will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow (Thursday 21st) on our shop at https://bonafideplayingcards.com. Since it's a limited run of 500 decks, there were very few units left after the end of the campaign so there will only be 40 available.
And now the artwork :) Some of the cards have been shared during the campaign, though some details have been fixed since then. Here are all the aces and court cards
spades.png
spades.png (789.65 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
hearts.png
hearts.png (791.28 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
clubs.png
clubs.png (783.87 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
diamonds.png
diamonds.png (785.49 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
You can check the entire deck in my portfolio https://bonafideplayingcards.com/portfo ... ing-cards/
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Räpylätassu

I bought a deck during a presale in December, but I didn't back this originally on Kickstarter so I can't see the updates. Could somebody tell me what is the current status of this project, when can I expect this to be fulfilled?

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Smocito

Unread post by Smocito »

I bought a deck during a presale in December, but I didn't back this originally on Kickstarter so I can't see the updates. Could somebody tell me what is the current status of this project, when can I expect this to be fulfilled?
They had some delay in production (as you may have noticed :)) but, after that, if everything as turned out as they expected, they'll start fulfilling the orders in the beginning of April.
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

As Smocito said there was a delay, which I mentioned not long after the campaign was over. I expected it to be a really big one but in the end we managed to work it out with the factory and they should be ready very soon. On another note I'll work this weekend on my page to add the production status for unfinished decks :)
Räpylätassu

My deck arrived today. Looks great!

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

The first of my Neuveau Gemmes arrived.... #001/500! Yeah baby. :ugking:
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Räpylätassu wrote:My deck arrived today. Looks great!
Bradius wrote:The first of my Neuveau Gemmes arrived.... #001/500! Yeah baby. :ugking:
:D :D
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

My other just Gemmes decks arrived yesterday. Now all that remains are my gilded decks, jewelry and one card clip, which I assume will ship later.

This was a nice series and look forward to your future projects.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Couple packages came in from BonaFide today including the long awaited Count of Monte Cristo Royal Eidition......Thanks Karin
Attachments
32926264_1284110711732982_9109439039961825280_n.jpg
32928241_1284110775066309_2919614163892305920_n.jpg
33061419_1284110748399645_7617660008863367168_n.jpg
32936691_1284110731732980_6763748715745247232_n.jpg
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Those are sweet. My Count of Monte Christo and Three Musketeers decks are on the way. I got a Royal set as well.

If you would, please set them up on Portfolio52 for us. I added three decks today, and I am...lazy. Besides, you got them first. :D
Räpylätassu

Looks sick. And too bad you are one one away from Bond, but at least you got Sean Bean!

Brad of course got so lucky that I would buy a lottery ticket as well.

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Hehe Rapy 6 is my number.. i would say 65% of my limited decks are number 6 on request thanks to our generous card designers. all my legacy Tally Ho were number 6 until I sold them
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

So... how many of these were actually printed? Because I got mine in the mail today, and...

Bradius

Re: Nouveau Gemmes (wap)

Unread post by Bradius »

Well, there were supposed to be 500 printed. However, your deck calls THAT into question. I would message the creator. Karin is always good at responding. Let us know what you find out.
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Merlebird wrote:So... how many of these were actually printed? Because I got mine in the mail today, and...

Well that obviously is a printing mistake, I think that no matter how you look at it 535/500 simply doesn't make any sense. To answer your question, here's a copy of the order
Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-10-47.png
Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-10-47.png (113.44 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
As you can see, 500 numbered decks + 40 unnumbered (these 40 cover the limited Gemme edition, which were 30 decks and I printed 10 extra for safety in case there are lost or damaged decks upon fulfillment or if something goes wrong during gilding). You can also see that the shipment was split between Gambler's and Keen Hong, with the numbers 1-350 going to the first one.

Hopefully this answers your question. Regarding that number though, I sent a mail to EPCC asking about what happened but as I said before I think that the answer will be pretty simple. I'll let you know once they mail me back
Merlebird

BfPC wrote:I think that no matter how you look at it 535/500 simply doesn't make any sense.
Being American I consider it both my God-given right and my duty as a citizen to not understand basic math. I won't learn fractions and you can't make me! :ugthink:

I apologize. I had intended my post to share my sense of befuddlement with the forum but rereading it along with your response this morning I think it mostly came across as an accusation. I've seen two of your campaigns through as a backer (Noveax Bijoux/Perle and Alexandre Dumas) and both times I was nothing less than totally pleased by the fulfillment process or the final product, so this threw me for a loop! But I am humbled and gratified that you responded so quickly and with total transparency. Bonafide really does live up to its name. :D

More than the question of how many decks were printed (which you ably answered), I'm preoccupied by the question of how this could have happened. When imagining how seals were printed I'd always pictured one of those numbered dies, like you see in date stamps in offices. Usually those go in sequential order, so that 5 is between 4 and 6, so it made sense to me that, say, 535 might be a misprint for 435. But everything in the 400s should've gone to Keen Hong, and my deck shipped from Gambler's (in a box with another deck numbered 017/500, no less). So which number is my deck really, and are there other misnumbered decks out there? Curiouser and curiouser.

I've held off opening either deck as one was intended as a gift and, given the odd numbering situation, I'm not sure which one is more appropriate for gifting. Number 017 is a nice, temptingly low number to keep, but that would leave the gift recipient with the puzzling number 535/500... a sticky wicket for sure.
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Merlebird wrote:
BfPC wrote:I think that no matter how you look at it 535/500 simply doesn't make any sense.
Being American I consider it both my God-given right and my duty as a citizen to not understand basic math. I won't learn fractions and you can't make me! :ugthink:

I apologize. I had intended my post to share my sense of befuddlement with the forum but rereading it along with your response this morning I think it mostly came across as an accusation. I've seen two of your campaigns through as a backer (Noveax Bijoux/Perle and Alexandre Dumas) and both times I was nothing less than totally pleased by the fulfillment process or the final product, so this threw me for a loop! But I am humbled and gratified that you responded so quickly and with total transparency. Bonafide really does live up to its name. :D

More than the question of how many decks were printed (which you ably answered), I'm preoccupied by the question of how this could have happened. When imagining how seals were printed I'd always pictured one of those numbered dies, like you see in date stamps in offices. Usually those go in sequential order, so that 5 is between 4 and 6, so it made sense to me that, say, 535 might be a misprint for 435. But everything in the 400s should've gone to Keen Hong, and my deck shipped from Gambler's (in a box with another deck numbered 017/500, no less). So which number is my deck really, and are there other misnumbered decks out there? Curiouser and curiouser.

I've held off opening either deck as one was intended as a gift and, given the odd numbering situation, I'm not sure which one is more appropriate for gifting. Number 017 is a nice, temptingly low number to keep, but that would leave the gift recipient with the puzzling number 535/500... a sticky wicket for sure.
No worries, I didn't take it as an accusation :) as someone who paid for a product with certain features it's only normal to wonder what happened when you receive something like that, and it's my job to try to clear and fix the situation. At first I thought that maybe they mistakenly numbered the 40 extra decks but after checking Gambler's mails I confirmed that it wasn't the case. As for how they print the seals, I think that it's a similar process to standard stickers (maybe? not sure), and in that case they probably do everything manually and that's where it could have gone wrong. That's what comes to mind since I choose the font, color, placement and size for the numbers so I don't think that they do it with dies.
In this case I consider it a faulty deck so I'll try to fix a replacement through EPCC with the correct number once they answer me, which probably will be next week since their office, the factory and I all have different time zones and communication is rather slow
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Merlebird quick update, EPCC messaged me explaining that they personally checked with the factory and the printed amount and numbering are correct, so this should be an isolated case of misnumbering the seals. They also asked me to inform them if anyone else received a mistyped number so if you have please let me know. Right now i'm waiting for another response regarding the replacement deck :)
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck

Unread post by akicer »

feels better to try out...

Any chance someone get an extra "The jewelry set" to sell? Happy to buy/trade
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I think the set was like 90 euros, and they went FAST. I am not sure if it was limited to one each, but at that price I sure only got one set.
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck

Unread post by akicer »

Bradius wrote:at that price I sure only got one set.
100% agree... didn't follow up with the update on that campaign at all.. Thought the all 500 decks were gone and not much could happen..
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Merlebird

I will happily sell you my 1/1 Nouveau Gemmes error deck. USD300. Shipping included! :uggrin:
Smocito

Unread post by Smocito »

I've just received my set with the 3 gilded decks. The tuck boxes are really amazing.
20181222_171039.jpg
20181222_171147.jpg
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

My freaking god! Those look amazing. I can't wait to get mine. :drool: