RADIA, The Spiritual Successor to AURUM by Encarded

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
bigskybaby

Re: RADIA, The Spiritual Successor to AURUM by Encarded

Unread post by bigskybaby »

Probably USPCC cannot print the shiny material on the deck? I am not too sure. But, I agree that EPCC's deck is shit and is kind of an insult to Paul's design.
Trungbreezy
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by Trungbreezy »

I received my decks the other day, I was about to email them regarding one deck was missing the top part of the cellophane. However, I forgot that I asked for one of them to be signed, oops.
Instagram: @sj_cardcollector
PlanisViator

Unread post by PlanisViator »

I STILL have not received my order.
Anyone else still waiting for theirs?
vincero
Player: Yes

Re: RADIA, The Spiritual Successor to AURUM by Encarded (wap

Unread post by vincero »

Still waiting for my order...
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I have been in contact with Paul and was advised that the manufacturer is evidently sending the decks in two shipments. He has sent out as many orders as he could with the first shipment of decks, but is waiting on the second shipment of decks to finish the orders. I have been advised it will be sent soon, but the fulfillment of the orders is out of Paul's hands. I am stuck too. So much for being one of his Patrons.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I haven't received my order, either.

I'm disappointed as I have been really looking forward to receiving them. I usually have a NYE party and play a decent amount of poker. Would've loved to play this deck then...
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Paul has not commented on this page since September 29th.

He could give us the courtesy of knowing what is taking so long and what is the holdup/reason for such delays. For a 1000 deck print run, there is no reason why the printer couldn't finish this deck in one shot. Most do! So now why would a printer stop printing after 500 sheets?? Why only ship half 500 and delay the rest for 2-3months.

I don't mind waiting, I just hate when creators go silent without giving their supporters a clear transparency as to why production was haulted in the first place. So most (including myself) have to now wait until Mid-January/February to receive a paid deck that should've come wayyy before New Years.

As much as Paul has great artwork and creativity his fulfillment dates are horrible.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Cardians wrote:Paul has not commented on this page since September 29th.
You can always go to his facebook and read the sparse updates he posts in there... But since Paul didn't thought his costumers are worth an email explining the why of this delay, I'll also not copy and paste those updates here...
He could give us the courtesy of knowing what is taking so long and what is the holdup/reason for such delays. For a 1000 deck print run, there is no reason why the printer couldn't finish this deck in one shot. Most do! So now why would a printer stop printing after 500 sheets?? Why only ship half 500 and delay the rest for 2-3months.
This can have a simple explanation, probabily Paul paid for a part of the production to get the things moving, and expected to pay full once he started the pre-orders, but something must went wrong along the way and of course the factory suspended the printing of the decks.
Paul is going away from KS but he is using the same principle for his pre-orders, he just found a nice way to save on fees (not that is reflected on the final price of the products, but after all we're just costumers)
I don't mind waiting, I just hate when creators go silent without giving their supporters a clear transparency as to why production was haulted in the first place. So most (including myself) have to now wait until Mid-January/February to receive a paid deck that should've come wayyy before New Years.
I think Paul is kinda going the same path as JR, for the lack of posts from him after his fiasco with this deck, I guess he must feel that there's too much negativity here, because this forum is only good to promote your decks and get your ego grown. When you start get too much criticism (most of it self-inflicted) then the best thing to do is go away (there are very few creators here that can stand it).
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Saw this on facebook a few minutes ago

Radia update: EPCC tells me that despite them pushing the factory everyday, they missed the 20th completion date and are trying to get them done asap.

This is crazy annoying all the way around, because I have literally zero control over it and have made people wait for an exceedingly long time. I am waiting and hoping they finish up this week so I can get these out during Christmas break. This is highly unusual and I haven’t had a situation come up like this in the past 6 years, so I fully understand your frustration.

On the plus side, I am going to guess that Radia is going to be a rarer item than we originally thought in the sense that this process is so hard to do for the factory that they might not want to do it again. Radia may end up the only deck of its kind!

I’m really sorry fo the wait and am going to try to give some little perk to folks that have had to wait.
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

Thanks Pete for the info. I continue to be disappointed with Paul not manning up and posting here tbh.

It seems UC is a good place to push your decks, but not to admit delays or issues. As I have (probably monotonously) said about JR - it's not his art or decks which let him down as much as his Customer Service. Hoping Paul doesn't go the same way.
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

The deck artists I appreciate the most are the ones who come here to unitedcardists and become a part of the community. They don't just post in threads related to the decks they sell, but contribute on multiple topics and threads. Off the top of my head, Lotrek, Guru, and Randy Butterfield come to mind. I'm sure there's others.

Unfortunately, Paul Carpenter is not on that list. He's basically only here when he has one of his decks to promote and that's about it. Its been said here before, but it just would be nice if Paul put as much time and effort into fulfillment and customer service after his decks are printed as he does in hyping up his decks and trying to get our money before his decks are printed. Just sayin'.
Cardians

Paul had the courtesy to post on FB & IG that he received the remaining decks today, but fails to notify anyone here that shipments are on their way.

So I thought I'd do it for our UC members still waiting on their decks.

This will be the last time I support/purchase anymore of Paul's decks. For someone that self funds his own decks he sure didn't have a problem taken pre-orders faster then the decks were actually completed as a WHOLE!

Bad business practice IMO.
shaitani
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

Cardians wrote:For someone that self funds his own decks he sure didn't have a problem taken pre-orders faster then the decks were actually completed as a WHOLE!
In what world are pre-orders ever NOT done "faster than" the product is produced? Because it's not this one.
Anyone paying for a pre-order knows the product isn't necessarily created and in hand yet.
Also, of course he didn't have a problem taking pre-orders, that's the one part of the process he has the most control of, once it's in the hands of the printers, he has no control of it anymore.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

OK time to cool it all as this is getting pointless...enough with the bashing between some of you. Locking topic for now

EDIT: Topic re-opened. I know we have lots of passion on this thread but let's keep the cursing and name calling out of it. Thank you
theCapraAegagrus

I received mine yesterday and took a brief look. My lord. An absolutely gorgeous back design on well-thought-out material layering.

Huge problem: There are random nicks and scratches on a lot of the cards. You won't notice them when the light reflects off, but looking at them dull to appreciate the actual artwork, they're all over the deck. EPCC China did not take care of these AT ALL while packaging into the tucks. I am severely disappointed. I haven't evaluated their play-ability, handling, etc.

The seals are nice, but as previously stated, the ink rubs off very easy. Also sad.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

badpete69 wrote:let's keep the cursing and name calling out of it. Thank you
Screw you, Pierre. :ugdance: :ugking:
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

TwoPieceFeed,

What, if any, perks did you get for waiting that Paul mentioned above?
Move on, nothing to see here.
Cardians

RichK wrote:TwoPieceFeed,

Likely a sticker for your troubles....
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I think we know now that just because something is an industry first doesn't always mean it'll be very spectacular.

Once again, this deck is worth the price but I'm still not blown away with the back design.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
theCapraAegagrus

RichK wrote:TwoPieceFeed,

Cardians nailed it... A %^&*in' sticker... :lol: :lol:
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Yeah, Paul or other deck producers. Don’t try to make me happy with an extra sticker. Just...don’t. No.
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

But I'm sure it is a stunning sticker laser-cut on his new laser cut thing...
theCapraAegagrus

sms69x wrote:But I'm sure it is a stunning sticker laser-cut on his new laser cut thing...
Spoiler Alert: It's not.

If it was a sexy sticker I might actually be satisfied. It's a pretty bland sticker.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
alric

Unread post by alric »

Holy shit! Paul makes this proclamation that he's going to make it up to his supporters for his late decks.....and he does it with a sticker? Like that will salvage the reputation hit he took? He must think we're as dumb as Trump. When you guys first started talking about stickers, I thought you were joking.
Cardians

alric wrote:I thought you were joking.
I just guessed, but ya it's a kick in the nuts for sure...!
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

It was such a bland sticker, I don't even remember it. I just threw it away. I looked for it before responding. I found a few other stickers, but not that one.
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

So after all the waiting - much like any other KS project, except this was not a KS project, and we were told that the decks were shipping short after pre-order - I finally received my order... But the wait was well worth it, look at what I got inside:
DSC_00321.jpg
Not one but two fantastic stickers!!

Now onto the deck, I tried to open it very carefully, because of the before mentioned issue with the ink on the seal, but even so I managed to get the number on the cellophane:
DSC_00301.jpg
Not only I have now a partially numbered seal I also have a partially numbered cellophane, this must be the special hidden feature Paul didn't want to disclose in the first place.

The deck is just an ok deck. The artwork is very average (or Chancellor'ish) and the back design is a bit better, but nothing breathtaking. This was most likely my last buy from Paul, at least in this blind format.

All in all I think this deck was just over hyped and over priced, a bold move from Paul, that worked in his favor in the short term (after all he managed to sell all the decks in a few days), but it may very well do him more harm than good in the middle term...
theCapraAegagrus

sms69x wrote:So after all the waiting - much like any other KS project, except this was not a KS project, and we were told that the decks were shipping short after pre-order - I finally received my order... But the wait was well worth it, look at what I got inside:
DSC_00321.jpg
Not one but two fantastic stickers!!

Now onto the deck, I tried to open it very carefully, because of the before mentioned issue with the ink on the seal, but even so I managed to get the number on the cellophane:
DSC_00301.jpg
Not only I have now a partially numbered seal I also have a partially numbered cellophane, this must be the special hidden feature Paul didn't want to disclose in the first place.

The deck is just an ok deck. The artwork is very average (or Chancellor'ish) and the back design is a bit better, but nothing breathtaking. This was most likely my last buy from Paul, at least in this blind format.

All in all I think this deck was just over hyped and over priced, a bold move from Paul, that worked in his favor in the short term (after all he managed to sell all the decks in a few days), but it may very well do him more harm than good in the middle term...
I have to respectfully and emphatically disagree with the artwork being "average". The number problems on the seals is a huge let down, though.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I am concerned about the seals not being printed well. This is a big problem and something I would not expect from an experienced card producer. I am not out, but I hope this is a rare exception. That said, I did like the artwork, but the production failures and long delay in receiving them did leave a bad taste in my mouth. That said, Paul was very fast to respond to my emails asking about the production delays, so you get plus points for timely responding, even if it wasn't the best news. I would rather hear bad news than completely ignoring my communications. Sadly, I have that happen on several Kickstarter projects (not so much playing card projects).
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

Because the "Chancellor Ultra Limited Gilded Money Grab" deck is getting a bit of heat, I tough it was time to update some of more problems with the "Radia Super Hipped Rip-off money" deck.

A friend of mine from China when got his decks, at least one of them was in the condition bellow:
29472927_114308762744772_8411741582914486272_n.jpg
After contacting Paul the answer his got was "the technology is more difficult; ... it was normal", no need to explain that no replacement was sent nor even a fantastic encarded sticker was given for free..

This guy is a one hit wonder who lived in the shadow of one deck (Aurum) for too many time, and he found out that ripping people's money was ok, since people were giving the money at him without hesitation - yeah I know, if poeple were giving him the money that's not ripping-off, but since the product delivered was always sub-par, then for me it is ripping-off - so why not keep doing the same until the bubble bursts? And I think it brust, FINALLY..

So an word of advise, for new members, be very careful about Paul Carpenter and Encarded. It is not because the designer or company is in the business for some years that he won't screw you if he got the chance.