RADIA, The Spiritual Successor to AURUM by Encarded

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.

Re: RADIA, The Spiritual Successor to AURUM by Encarded

Unread postby Bradius » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:20 pm  

Yeah, Paul or other deck producers. Don’t try to make me happy with an extra sticker. Just...don’t. No.
Bradius
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby sms69x » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:25 pm  

But I'm sure it is a stunning sticker laser-cut on his new laser cut thing...
sms69x
Ace
Ace

Unread postby TwoPieceFeed » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 pm  

sms69x wrote:But I'm sure it is a stunning sticker laser-cut on his new laser cut thing...

Spoiler Alert: It's not.

If it was a sexy sticker I might actually be satisfied. It's a pretty bland sticker.
"I believe what doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger..."

"Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling..."

"This town deserves a better class of criminal..."

"Oh and you know the thing about chaos; it's fair..."

"Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push..."
TwoPieceFeed
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby alric » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 pm  

Holy shit! Paul makes this proclamation that he's going to make it up to his supporters for his late decks.....and he does it with a sticker? Like that will salvage the reputation hit he took? He must think we're as dumb as Trump. When you guys first started talking about stickers, I thought you were joking.
alric
Sentinel
Sentinel

Unread postby Cardians » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 pm  

alric wrote:I thought you were joking.

I just guessed, but ya it's a kick in the nuts for sure...!
Cardians
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby Bradius » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:37 pm  

It was such a bland sticker, I don't even remember it. I just threw it away. I looked for it before responding. I found a few other stickers, but not that one.
Bradius
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby sms69x » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 am  

So after all the waiting - much like any other KS project, except this was not a KS project, and we were told that the decks were shipping short after pre-order - I finally received my order... But the wait was well worth it, look at what I got inside:
DSC_00321.jpg

Not one but two fantastic stickers!!

Now onto the deck, I tried to open it very carefully, because of the before mentioned issue with the ink on the seal, but even so I managed to get the number on the cellophane:
DSC_00301.jpg

Not only I have now a partially numbered seal I also have a partially numbered cellophane, this must be the special hidden feature Paul didn't want to disclose in the first place.

The deck is just an ok deck. The artwork is very average (or Chancellor'ish) and the back design is a bit better, but nothing breathtaking. This was most likely my last buy from Paul, at least in this blind format.

All in all I think this deck was just over hyped and over priced, a bold move from Paul, that worked in his favor in the short term (after all he managed to sell all the decks in a few days), but it may very well do him more harm than good in the middle term...
sms69x
Ace
Ace

Unread postby TwoPieceFeed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:30 am  

sms69x wrote:So after all the waiting - much like any other KS project, except this was not a KS project, and we were told that the decks were shipping short after pre-order - I finally received my order... But the wait was well worth it, look at what I got inside:
DSC_00321.jpg

Not one but two fantastic stickers!!

Now onto the deck, I tried to open it very carefully, because of the before mentioned issue with the ink on the seal, but even so I managed to get the number on the cellophane:
DSC_00301.jpg

Not only I have now a partially numbered seal I also have a partially numbered cellophane, this must be the special hidden feature Paul didn't want to disclose in the first place.

The deck is just an ok deck. The artwork is very average (or Chancellor'ish) and the back design is a bit better, but nothing breathtaking. This was most likely my last buy from Paul, at least in this blind format.

All in all I think this deck was just over hyped and over priced, a bold move from Paul, that worked in his favor in the short term (after all he managed to sell all the decks in a few days), but it may very well do him more harm than good in the middle term...

I have to respectfully and emphatically disagree with the artwork being "average". The number problems on the seals is a huge let down, though.
"I believe what doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger..."

"Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling..."

"This town deserves a better class of criminal..."

"Oh and you know the thing about chaos; it's fair..."

"Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push..."
TwoPieceFeed
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby Bradius » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:52 pm  

I am concerned about the seals not being printed well. This is a big problem and something I would not expect from an experienced card producer. I am not out, but I hope this is a rare exception. That said, I did like the artwork, but the production failures and long delay in receiving them did leave a bad taste in my mouth. That said, Paul was very fast to respond to my emails asking about the production delays, so you get plus points for timely responding, even if it wasn't the best news. I would rather hear bad news than completely ignoring my communications. Sadly, I have that happen on several Kickstarter projects (not so much playing card projects).
Bradius
Journeyman
Journeyman

Previous

Return to New & Custom Decks