FEDERAL 52 "part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

FEDERAL 52 "part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

More Federal 52.....

Attachments
20882587_791165044381111_8182094485240890858_n.jpg
chach
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Re: FEDERAL 52 LETTERPRESS AND DIE CUT EDITION

Unread post by chach »

Faber est suae quisque fortunae. Male parta male dilabuntur.

He has made a few remarks on social media about how this is the second part of Fed 52, has he forgotten there was already a Fed 52 part 2? And wasn't Legal Tender supposed to be the continuation of the Fed 52 line without getting all cattywampus.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I have Fed52 fatigue. . .
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

Well, he really only had the one deck series that made lots of moola.

Looks like the road to paying your way these days is to re-make the good ideas you had in the past... until you so destroy everyone's memories they no longer bother. (aka the Hollywood Trail)
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

I really don't like the single green colour across 90% of the tuck. Surely it won't stay like this? Also not a fan of the text font, it doesn't fit the theme in the least. Hopefully he is able to contribute some effort toward a more refined final product, I am sure given the success of the initial Federal 52 campaigns there are still plenty of buyers waiting to pull the trigger when they see something that looks like it has some love in it.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

Damn... Looks pretty sexy to me!

Too bad my faith in jack$on, like so many others, has been severely shaken.
Keep it Sizzlin'!
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

I hope, and doubt, that hole in the tuck isn't showing a card back.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Oscar53955

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

Launching tomorrow at 7 PM central

Not sure if I should back this one, considering what happened with Legal Tender. I guess I'll see tomorrow

*Edit: looked back at the picture on his instagram, the tuck says "Made in the USA," so hopefully it's USPCC. Probably will back
chach

Unread post by chach »

Posted a lot of pics on instagram, it just looks like a rehash of the previous Fed 52. It's like his own version of Fontaines.

Couple that with his recent performance history and it's an easy pass for me.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Yes the deck will be USPCC !!!

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Magic_Orthodoxy wrote:Yes the deck will be USPCC !!!

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone please get the mop for our friend hehehehe
badpete69

Now live.. Banner added to OP
chach

Unread post by chach »

So, the letter press tuck, printed by Jack$on himself, is literally just a tuck swap that costs $72. :lol:

Good for him for being able to make a buck doing it, but it won't be mine.

I also like how this USPCC deck costs less than the Legal Tender decks which are some of the crappiest quality cards ever printed.
badpete69

At first I thought Wow a hand made deck for $72.... Then I read the details... Yep a $70 tuck
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

chach wrote:So, the letter press tuck, printed by Jack$on himself, is literally just a tuck swap that costs $72. :lol:

Good for him for being able to make a buck doing it, but it won't be mine.

I also like how this USPCC deck costs less than the Legal Tender decks which are some of the crappiest quality cards ever printed.
The Heidelberg press he acquired for $1500 is a very good deal. Good on him. The effort and skill required to print alongside maintaining the machine is high, and as he does it himself so he can command whatever he feels like until the time letterpress printing becomes mainstream and offered as a default feature everywhere.

I was watching ebay and see it being offered at different price points though.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/heidelberg-windmill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Ok, here we go again!

Let’s all start off by agreeing that most of us here that have been collecting cards for a while wanted to see a v2 of the federal series.

The price tag for the letter-press tuck swap is quite expensive, but we all know he just recently purchased this printing-press which is going to kill him on the hydro usage. No doubt! Running that thing 12-14hrs a day, bygolly…. you think this deck is expensive, wait until his next release.

Those machines are not eco-friendly to say the least! I don’t mind paying for a limited deck providing it holds it’s rarity for years to come and the fact we support Lotrek in the exact same way (price wise) then he’s going to continue to charge what he wants.

What gets me with this whole campaign is the Risks and Challenges:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Risks and challenges
There are always risks and challenges with any Kickstarter. There are so many moving parts and things that have to work together "just right" for this project to work. My past experiences with being a Kickstarter creator have taught me many lessons. (NOT SURE IF THAT’S TRUE) My pledge to you as a backer and supporter of this project is to be completely honest (UMMMM, I DON’T KNOW ABOUT THAT!) and completely transparent about the entire process. (COULD’VE FOOLED ME) If there are speed bumps or hiccups (which there always are) I will do my very best to communicate with you what is going on and how I plan to resolve any issues. One of the most important parts of being a creator and or a backer is to be flexible, (HOW FLEXIBLE YOU WANT ME TO BE??) as this IS a creative process and you are traveling along with me for the ride. Thank you for your support!

REFUND POLICY
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. (WHAT FEE’S??) After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days) <———(WHY IS THAT ON US???) However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. (HUH?) If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.(AGAIN, WHICH FEE’S AM I PAYING FOR? AND WHY WOULD I NOW GET THE FEES BACK??)

All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via Paypal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card. 
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why has this “refund policy” all of a sudden now been implemented and fees passed on to us? I am a backer to most of his projects and when I didn’t receive my tactical edition in a timely matter (NOV 2015 - AUG 2017) I request a refund. I received it but lost a considerable amount from the exchange rate, plus what PayPal took as fees.

My pledge total is my pledge total. What I get charged on my credit card is what I would expect to be refunded.

Why as his supporters should we see a lesser retro-active payment from Jackson because of his decision to use KS? Wouldn’t this be Jackson's issue to swallow any losses he calls fees. He knows he's taking a chance on KS and accepts their terms as soon as he creates and launches his project. I'm sure he's built these "fees" into the overall price.

It’s not our fault Jackson chose to change Legal Tender drastically without informing his backers and getting their input and feelings before making such decisions and after campaigning in a entirely different direction to begin with. When people found out, many choose to seek refunds. It's not our fault his timelines, project management and shipping is outta wack and us supporters want refunds.

This isn't the first time, nor the last, that I've looked for a refund on playing cards because of me not having received the proper product, damages, shipping errors, misrepresentation of a product or timelines.

Again, JR's decks are nice. But his business motto is crap, his communication is worse, and if you know anything about supporting his projects, your always taking a risk, just like anything you purchase from him or any creator for that instance!

Lastly, he says FEB 2018 delivery, who wants to place bets to see when this project ACTUALLY fulfills..
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Cardians wrote: Lastly, he says FEB 2018 delivery, who wants to place bets to see when this project ACTUALLY fulfills..
Given it is USPCC printed, I think FEB 2018 is a reasonable date for fulfillment. If he keeps the limited edition tucks really ultra limited and low in number, he should be able to get it done by that time. Let;s look at the worst case scenario as well....he finds quality or other issues in letter-press tuck and is not able to proceed ahead with it. He will have 2 options - cancel and refund this limited edition tier or get those tucks done by some other printing company in US. Latter is also doable as he already has good contacts in the industry, and in case of former, I don't think he will have any issues too.

This project is low risk if you ask me.
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

guru wrote:
Cardians wrote: Lastly, he says FEB 2018 delivery, who wants to place bets to see when this project ACTUALLY fulfills..
Given it is USPCC printed, I think FEB 2018 is a reasonable date for fulfillment.
I think you might be missing the fact that JR has - since the original Fed52 campaign - regularly 'finished the art' months after the Kickstarter completes. With USPCCs usual closedown on top, there seems to be a reasonable risk of overshoot. Hoping otherwise of course.

The refund stuff just says how much the KS and processing fees have dug into his income from all the refunds he's made. The simple solution to this is DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISED. But that seems to be asking too much recently.

I'm on the fence with this deck really. JR always mentioned a Second edition (as compared with the Part 2), but I'm unconvinced on originality of the art - that it appears very same-y. Might still pick up some; but the pledge levels being 1, 2 or 12 decks makes it difficult too.
chach

Unread post by chach »

RichK wrote:I hope, and doubt, that hole in the tuck isn't showing a card back.
Looking at the pics, it kind and looks like the letterpress tuck will encase a whole deck, tuck included. So basically just a special wrapper for a regular deck.

Surprised there's no mention yet of the one way back design, if the back of the tuck is indeed the back design of the cards.
Attachments
D91D7887-BE11-4B00-869F-E6F536545274-9772-0000088C42952389.jpeg
D91D7887-BE11-4B00-869F-E6F536545274-9772-0000088C42952389.jpeg (129.68 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
3DF04B17-A8D9-4F49-95EF-10F414E91C76-9772-0000088C69D219A4.jpeg
3DF04B17-A8D9-4F49-95EF-10F414E91C76-9772-0000088C69D219A4.jpeg (103.72 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Gareth wrote: I think you might be missing the fact that JR has - since the original Fed52 campaign - regularly 'finished the art' months after the Kickstarter completes. With USPCCs usual closedown on top, there seems to be a reasonable risk of overshoot. Hoping otherwise of course.
Yes, I did miss this, but I still believe Jackson would have considered it while setting up delivery timeline.
sinjin7

Re: FEDERAL 52 "part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Unread post by sinjin7 »

$17.00 shipped per deck. Ridiculous. Especially for a deck I feel I already have. At least the faces are the same color, and since this is printed by the USPCC you don't have to deal with the one month boat ride from China. Plus, Jackson put the delivery estimate out 6 months instead of the 4 months he usually estimated (and always missed). If he can't fulfill a U.S. produced deck that he's basically already done before within half a year, it would truly be pathetic.

Jackson's printing over 2500 of these decks, and given that this campaign doesn't seem to be going as robustly as some of his past campaigns, plus the fact that its a really short campaign, he's going to have a ton of decks left over that he wasn't able to sell off on Kickstarter. I'm guessing we'll see these show up on Touch of Modern at some point, and at a much lower price point than the KS campaign.

Jackson still hasn't come clean about clarifying that the Legal Tender decks were printed in China despite the fact that the tucks indicate they were printed in Taiwan. For me this is an issue of integrity and he's lost my trust. Being perpetually late with fulfillment, while annoying, is something I can live with. Promising foil and charging for it, and then not offering it at all is a more serious issue, but it was a poorly handled technical failure and I could let that slide. But misrepresenting the printer on the tuck and not bothering to own up to the mistake and clear it up is fraudulent in my book and Jackson has gone beyond the point of no return for me.

It's fitting he keeps coming back to decks about currency, because Jackson's conduct makes it clear that money is more important to him than integrity.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

So I'll go straight to the point:
$14 + shipping for a reprint of a deck?? Or for the fanboys a tuck swap??
Yes, I know, he "tweaked" the artwork and probabily did a new back design, and for a long time in a JR project you got to see the artwork at the beginning of the project!! How good is that?? :D

He has become so lazy and greedy to do such a thing. But even with such a project he wasn't "man" enough to launch this project on his own, he still need to go with KS. He must be a great manager/business man, to be honest don't expect KWP to survive for much longer - at least the way we know it, as a playing card company. He may eventually still keep designing things for others.

I really feel sorry about all this JR fiasco (for me at least) as I really liked his decks and him as an active member of this (and other) forums. He was a nice guy, with whom one could argue and talk. Nowadays to solve a issue you need to wait several weeks.

I'm quite sure this one will not be his last project, but it may well be the beginning of the end.
alric

Unread post by alric »

So how many projects does JR have going on right now? He still hasn't fulfilled Arthurian, and he just finished the Intaglio campaign with what appears to be an ass-load of work still to be done for that deck. So this makes 3 projects that he's juggling now. I have no doubt he'll eventually fulfill all his projects, but I'm not holding my breath any will be on time or what was promised.

Unfortunately I was one of the many backers who got crappy Legal Tender decks. I've never felt so ripped off by any deck of cards like I feel with the Legal Tenders. I'm dying to send this shit back to Jackson for a refund, but based upon comments on his kickstarter, it seems some people have sent their decks back but still haven't gotten their money back from Jackson, and he's apparently being non-responsive about this. It's a pain in the ass, but I think I'm better off selling these off on Ebay to his fanboys instead of trying to get my money back from him directly.

I'm surprised Jackson went back to USPC with his Fed52 reprints instead of going with EPCC given his preference for bigger profit margins. I wonder if it had anything to do with the shitty quality control from the Chinese EPCC factory? The fact that it's USPC almost makes me want to pledge, but I won't. I think this is the perfect deck to wait on, just to see if Jackson's got his shit together, and pick it up (cheaper) after the campaign.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

As much as I despise his business tactics as of late I still haven't sworn him off completely, simply due to his incredible artwork. However if he keeps coming out with projects like this it sure makes it easy for me to pass!
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Very easy pass for me just because I have the original.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: FEDERAL 52 "Part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

chach wrote:So, the letter press tuck, printed by Jack$on himself, is literally just a tuck swap that costs $72. :lol:
Well, as you already pointed out, "Fed 52/Legal Tender part two" take 3 (4?) isn't exactly ground breaking nor innovative, but I would still love to see Jackson do the UC2021 Decks. I won't hold my breath!
chach wrote:Good for him for being able to make a buck doing it, but it won't be mine.

I don't need a $72 tuck, either. More power to him for putting together as many fan boys who will pay!

"Printed by himself" = minimize costs, maximize ka-ching!
sinjin7 wrote:Jackson's printing over 2500 of these...
I think he is trying to get the cost down to $5/deck. Let's see - 2500 × $10 profit each = $25,000

Not bad. I wish I could print money as easily! It's just like the uncuts of Black Reserve unbranded that originally sold for $70 (or was it $80?), then $50, $35, $25, $20. Print money, cash out, adjust, cash out more, give away at ToM?

It's been a while since I stirred the pot...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Well I'm done backing Jacksons projects and not by choice. Pledged for this and today had my pledge inexplicably refunded. I didn't make any comments on the project or do anything to warrant this imo.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

jerichoholic wrote:Well I'm done backing Jacksons projects and not by choice. Pledged for this and today had my pledge inexplicably refunded. I didn't make any comments on the project or do anything to warrant this imo.
Hmmm... Nothing, Vic? That's odd.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
jerichoholic wrote:Well I'm done backing Jacksons projects and not by choice. Pledged for this and today had my pledge inexplicably refunded. I didn't make any comments on the project or do anything to warrant this imo.
Nothing this time... Jackson is clearly still upset with Victor from a previous project. Which goes to show that Jackson will take the time to passive aggressively "block" someone on this forum but he sure won't take the time to come here and face is critics directly. Vic- IMO, you're not missing out.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

vasta41 wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:
Nothing this time... Jackson is clearly still upset with Victor from a previous project. Which goes to show that Jackson will take the time to passive aggressively "block" someone on this forum but he sure won't take the time to come here and face is critics directly. Vic- IMO, you're not missing out.
He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
"There will.always be negativity on UC and there is no reason for me to spend anytime there as it serves no purpose. The best way for people to speak is with their wallets and not their keyboards.".