FEDERAL 52 "part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: FEDERAL 52 "part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Unread post by sinjin7 »

$17.00 shipped per deck. Ridiculous. Especially for a deck I feel I already have. At least the faces are the same color, and since this is printed by the USPCC you don't have to deal with the one month boat ride from China. Plus, Jackson put the delivery estimate out 6 months instead of the 4 months he usually estimated (and always missed). If he can't fulfill a U.S. produced deck that he's basically already done before within half a year, it would truly be pathetic.

Jackson's printing over 2500 of these decks, and given that this campaign doesn't seem to be going as robustly as some of his past campaigns, plus the fact that its a really short campaign, he's going to have a ton of decks left over that he wasn't able to sell off on Kickstarter. I'm guessing we'll see these show up on Touch of Modern at some point, and at a much lower price point than the KS campaign.

Jackson still hasn't come clean about clarifying that the Legal Tender decks were printed in China despite the fact that the tucks indicate they were printed in Taiwan. For me this is an issue of integrity and he's lost my trust. Being perpetually late with fulfillment, while annoying, is something I can live with. Promising foil and charging for it, and then not offering it at all is a more serious issue, but it was a poorly handled technical failure and I could let that slide. But misrepresenting the printer on the tuck and not bothering to own up to the mistake and clear it up is fraudulent in my book and Jackson has gone beyond the point of no return for me.

It's fitting he keeps coming back to decks about currency, because Jackson's conduct makes it clear that money is more important to him than integrity.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Re: FEDERAL 52 LETTERPRESS AND DIE CUT EDITION

Unread post by sms69x »

So I'll go straight to the point:
$14 + shipping for a reprint of a deck?? Or for the fanboys a tuck swap??
Yes, I know, he "tweaked" the artwork and probabily did a new back design, and for a long time in a JR project you got to see the artwork at the beginning of the project!! How good is that?? :D

He has become so lazy and greedy to do such a thing. But even with such a project he wasn't "man" enough to launch this project on his own, he still need to go with KS. He must be a great manager/business man, to be honest don't expect KWP to survive for much longer - at least the way we know it, as a playing card company. He may eventually still keep designing things for others.

I really feel sorry about all this JR fiasco (for me at least) as I really liked his decks and him as an active member of this (and other) forums. He was a nice guy, with whom one could argue and talk. Nowadays to solve a issue you need to wait several weeks.

I'm quite sure this one will not be his last project, but it may well be the beginning of the end.
alric

Unread post by alric »

So how many projects does JR have going on right now? He still hasn't fulfilled Arthurian, and he just finished the Intaglio campaign with what appears to be an ass-load of work still to be done for that deck. So this makes 3 projects that he's juggling now. I have no doubt he'll eventually fulfill all his projects, but I'm not holding my breath any will be on time or what was promised.

Unfortunately I was one of the many backers who got crappy Legal Tender decks. I've never felt so ripped off by any deck of cards like I feel with the Legal Tenders. I'm dying to send this shit back to Jackson for a refund, but based upon comments on his kickstarter, it seems some people have sent their decks back but still haven't gotten their money back from Jackson, and he's apparently being non-responsive about this. It's a pain in the ass, but I think I'm better off selling these off on Ebay to his fanboys instead of trying to get my money back from him directly.

I'm surprised Jackson went back to USPC with his Fed52 reprints instead of going with EPCC given his preference for bigger profit margins. I wonder if it had anything to do with the shitty quality control from the Chinese EPCC factory? The fact that it's USPC almost makes me want to pledge, but I won't. I think this is the perfect deck to wait on, just to see if Jackson's got his shit together, and pick it up (cheaper) after the campaign.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

As much as I despise his business tactics as of late I still haven't sworn him off completely, simply due to his incredible artwork. However if he keeps coming out with projects like this it sure makes it easy for me to pass!
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Very easy pass for me just because I have the original.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: FEDERAL 52 "Part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

chach wrote:So, the letter press tuck, printed by Jack$on himself, is literally just a tuck swap that costs $72. :lol:
Well, as you already pointed out, "Fed 52/Legal Tender part two" take 3 (4?) isn't exactly ground breaking nor innovative, but I would still love to see Jackson do the UC2021 Decks. I won't hold my breath!
chach wrote:Good for him for being able to make a buck doing it, but it won't be mine.

I also like how this USPCC deck costs less than the Legal Tender decks which are some of the crappiest quality cards ever printed.
I don't need a $72 tuck, either. More power to him for putting together as many fan boys who will pay!

"Printed by himself" = minimize costs, maximize ka-ching!
sinjin7 wrote:Jackson's printing over 2500 of these...
I think he is trying to get the cost down to $5/deck. Let's see - 2500 × $10 profit each = $25,000

Not bad. I wish I could print money as easily! It's just like the uncuts of Black Reserve unbranded that originally sold for $70 (or was it $80?), then $50, $35, $25, $20. Print money, cash out, adjust, cash out more, give away at ToM?

It's been a while since I stirred the pot...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Well I'm done backing Jacksons projects and not by choice. Pledged for this and today had my pledge inexplicably refunded. I didn't make any comments on the project or do anything to warrant this imo.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

jerichoholic wrote:Well I'm done backing Jacksons projects and not by choice. Pledged for this and today had my pledge inexplicably refunded. I didn't make any comments on the project or do anything to warrant this imo.
Hmmm... Nothing, Vic? That's odd.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
jerichoholic wrote:Well I'm done backing Jacksons projects and not by choice. Pledged for this and today had my pledge inexplicably refunded. I didn't make any comments on the project or do anything to warrant this imo.
Nothing this time... Jackson is clearly still upset with Victor from a previous project. Which goes to show that Jackson will take the time to passive aggressively "block" someone on this forum but he sure won't take the time to come here and face is critics directly. Vic- IMO, you're not missing out.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

vasta41 wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:
Nothing this time... Jackson is clearly still upset with Victor from a previous project. Which goes to show that Jackson will take the time to passive aggressively "block" someone on this forum but he sure won't take the time to come here and face is critics directly. Vic- IMO, you're not missing out.
He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
"There will.always be negativity on UC and there is no reason for me to spend anytime there as it serves no purpose. The best way for people to speak is with their wallets and not their keyboards.".
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Sounds like good advice, to be honest.

EDIT: What I mean is; we should stop buying his late delivered, low quality, falsely advertised products.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

Except.... that it's basically dropped any recourse when you've spoken with your wallet into the void. So, the actual advice is "gimme your money and hope for the best and if hoping isn't your style let's mutually pretend the other doesn't exist"?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

"There will.always be negativity on UC and there is no reason for me to spend anytime there as it serves no purpose. The best way for people to speak is with their wallets and not their keyboards.".
I'll translate:
"People on UC actually call attention to the mistakes I make so ever since the Legal Tender project, my bruised ego and I stay away from there since I can't handle constructive criticism so I'm just going to design decks the way I want to without any feedback because there's enough suckers out there who actually pay me the ridiculous prices I ask for my decks."
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Can't be upset with Jackson here. The problem with customer service, isn't the service, it's the feedback it receives. How often do you go out of your way to communicate your pleasure with a product or service? 90% of feedback in any industry (these days) is negative, because if you don't agree with or like what you've received, you're going to speak out. It has become a world where money is your mouth. People/companies don't really change until their bottom line breaks (or until it's too late).

His mindset and communication comes from world experience.

I wasn't 100% satisfied with Legal Tender. I also wasn't happy with the late-opening "display decks" for Arthurian. I showed that, personally, by not allowing my pledge to be collected. Not many times have I shared how much I love his designs and products, but, I did put my foot down recently to show him that I don't appreciate the small things he's screwed up on. If enough people did this, and he wasn't meeting his goals, then he would have to change. Until that happens, he doesn't, and of course it's a shame to many of us but obviously it hasn't done enough damage for many of his customers to discontinue support.

Edit: I have also posted on this board that I am no longer backing/collecting any decks post-Arthurian.

Double Edit: I also try to break the world's habit by often telling people/companies when I am satisfied.

I also don't feel any empathy for anyone who has scorned another person. He has the right to refuse goods or services to anyone and I also support that. When I was more of an interpersonal artist there were people I didn't want in the crowd or around my fans no matter how much they paid.

I'm sorry for the length of this post!
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

If Jackson can keep making money no matter how he does it (except for stealing) then I say good for him. I haven't backed one of his project since Legal Tender and I wish other people would do the same because, like he so eloquently put it, people speak with their wallets. I would argue that you can in fact be upset at Jackson for doing business this way but ultimately if he keeps making money then why should he change anything? Doesn't make me like it though. And I'm sure I speak for others.
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

His job/profession will be short lived if he thinks people are going to continue to support his work in years to come with that attitude.

I'm sure many people have already stopped. Time will tell as his corporate greed will slowly take over.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

guru wrote:He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
It just seems like all the designers who whine about how "negative" it is here at UC are the ones who fail to realize that most of the negativity is self-inflicted and they either don't have the ability or the interest in trying to smooth things over, make things right, or constructively benefit from the criticism, as much as it may sting sometimes. How is it that designers such as Uusi, Lotrek, Lorenzo, Giovanni, Rick Davidson, Randy Butterfield and Alex Chin (just to name a few) do quite well here at UC? It's not like any of them are perfect or never made mistakes. I could never imagine any one of them making the kind of comment like Jackson did above, or to admonish us to #practicemore. It's because they have all the talent but none of the arrogance and hubris that Jackson has.

I think I will take Jackson Robinson's advice and speak with my wallet: I will never again support or buy another product from him. I'm perfectly fine with his absence from this forum, I much prefer crickets chirping.
vincero

Re: FEDERAL 52 "part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION (wap)

Unread post by vincero »

My first and last JR KS project was the legal tender... That was really a bad experience for me.
jerichoholic

sinjin7 wrote:
guru wrote:He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
It just seems like all the designers who whine about how "negative" it is here at UC are the ones who fail to realize that most of the negativity is self-inflicted and they either don't have the ability or the interest in trying to smooth things over, make things right, or constructively benefit from the criticism, as much as it may sting sometimes. How is it that designers such as Uusi, Lotrek, Lorenzo, Giovanni, Rick Davidson, Randy Butterfield and Alex Chin (just to name a few) do quite well here at UC? It's not like any of them are perfect or never made mistakes. I could never imagine any one of them making the kind of comment like Jackson did above, or to admonish us to #practicemore. It's because they have all the talent but none of the arrogance and hubris that Jackson has.

I think I will take Jackson Robinson's advice and speak with my wallet: I will never again support or buy another product from him. I'm perfectly fine with his absence from this forum, I much prefer crickets chirping.
Very good point about the self-inflicted negativity and case in point as a result of him cancelling my pledge i've voiced my displeasure here and on Facebook and even more so on my upcoming weekly update video. If he hadn't cancelled my pledge I wouldn't be shitting on him at all right now, so he brought this upon himself.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Self justifying his self immolation.
Explicably, dense.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

I think Jackson should keep reading 1 Thessalonians...

1 Thessalonians 4:12 " so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."
Move on, nothing to see here.
theCapraAegagrus

jerichoholic wrote:
sinjin7 wrote:

Very good point about the self-inflicted negativity and case in point as a result of him cancelling my pledge i've voiced my displeasure here and on Facebook and even more so on my upcoming weekly update video. If he hadn't cancelled my pledge I wouldn't be shitting on him at all right now, so he brought this upon himself.
Really..? What does "shitting on him" accomplish for you (or anyone)? Nothing Jackson has done justifies any amount of your self-fueled hatred of him and his campaigns. Be a man, accept the fact that you've alienated him and some of his campaigns, and move on. For the love of God just move on.

The problem with people like you and the modern world is that you'd rather 'rock the boat' or receive attention for shock-value content rather than provide dialogue about something (or anything) useful. Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I can't, and won't, stand this garbage here. UC is a great place for great people to get together and this nonsense doesn't belong. If Jackson doesn't want to be around this great community then he's all the lesser for it. He's the one missing out.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

guru wrote: He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
Well I really hope that Mr. "I don't like to ear that I'm not the best" listen to the wallets of those that still support him, they are fewer and fewer each time... Maybe its time for him to do something different. I would really like to see him being honest and true to his word when it comes to what's promised. Another thing is to really envolve backers in the process - not envolve them just to pay - but as he did on Federal52 part I and II. In the end his excuse to still be using KS is because e loves how backers get envolved in the process!! This one always makes laught hard...
A bit more communication would also be a good thing, he's one of the worst KS creators out there in terms of campaign management. Not to mention the deliberate hidding of features not included and other issues/printing errors. With all of these things still amuses me how people still support him. At least for this Federal52 part 2 thing, I'm sure people aren't supporting him for the artwork, and not because he is the best KS creator out there, nor this deck was cheap enough that "I would buy it just because it is cheap"....
Well, we, as human beings, are really strange creatures...
theCapraAegagrus

sms69x wrote:
guru wrote: He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
Well I really hope that Mr. "I don't like to ear that I'm not the best" listen to the wallets of those that still support him, they are fewer and fewer each time... Maybe its time for him to do something different. I would really like to see him being honest and true to his word when it comes to what's promised. Another thing is to really envolve backers in the process - not envolve them just to pay - but as he did on Federal52 part I and II. In the end his excuse to still be using KS is because e loves how backers get envolved in the process!! This one always makes laught hard...
A bit more communication would also be a good thing, he's one of the worst KS creators out there in terms of campaign management. Not to mention the deliberate hidding of features not included and other issues/printing errors. With all of these things still amuses me how people still support him. At least for this Federal52 part 2 thing, I'm sure people aren't supporting him for the artwork, and not because he is the best KS creator out there, nor this deck was cheap enough that "I would buy it just because it is cheap"....
Well, we, as human beings, are really strange creatures...
I honestly think that the biggest problem with JR, is that he became so big so fast, and his following has drawn so much criticism because of that crowd size. Lotrek, Alex Chin, etc are still here because their critics are few and far between. I mean, hell, Lotrek has had some of the longest fulfillment calendars I've ever experienced. He has a smaller crowd, though, because he only produces 100-300 decks for a lot of his limited offerings. If he had more detractors he may certainly not be as active here as he is.

This isn't to excuse Mr. Robinson, because he has certainly made mistakes (big IMO) along the way, but again I can understand his reasoning. And as I also said; he's missing out by not being here. I wish him luck in the rest of his career and thank him for all of the great artwork he's provided me, my family, and my friends with.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
jerichoholic

Ok maybe "shitting" wasn't the right word. Most of my criticism of Jackson has been regarding his handling of things during various projects especially Legal Tender. Never had any criticisms of his work. And my point was that I didn't have any issues with Federal 52 part 2 until he created the issue himself.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

TwoPieceFeed wrote: Lotrek, Alex Chin, etc are still here because their critics are few and far between. I mean, hell, Lotrek has had some of the longest fulfillment calendars I've ever experienced. He has a smaller crowd, though, because he only produces 100-300 decks for a lot of his limited offerings. If he had more detractors he may certainly not be as active here as he is.
As far as I am concerned, I think that the criticism I get is fewer because of the way I react to it, not because of the smaller crowd. I take for granted that this criticism is constructive as it comes from people who love and support my work so I'm seeing it as a means for improvement.
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

Slightly off-topic but has anyone had any success getting in contact with Jackson in recent months? I was dealing with 2 water-damaged wooden cases from the Arrows campaign with his previous team member who has now left. She told me to now get in contact with Jackson about the issue but I haven't gotten a reply from him in 2 emails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

snsdmonkey wrote:Slightly off-topic but has anyone had any success getting in contact with Jackson in recent months? I was dealing with 2 water-damaged wooden cases from the Arrows campaign with his previous team member who has now left. She told me to now get in contact with Jackson about the issue but I haven't gotten a reply from him in 2 emails.

Cheers.
Please keep us posted on how this goes for you. Whether (and how) you get the problem resolved is an increasingly important data point.

I seem to be recall (and I may be misremembering) that in the past, JR occasionally took care of issues like this without responding directly to the customer, so that everything was ultimately fixed but until the fix transpired, the customer was in the dark. (That said, I only ever had a couple of minor issues with Kings Wild projects over the years, and they were always addressed quickly, courteously, and with good will.)

I hope that Jackson is working behind the scenes to resolve your issues, but either way, I'd like to know -- and I'm sure others here would benefit from knowing, as well.
This space intentionally left blank.
alric

Unread post by alric »

snsdmonkey wrote:Slightly off-topic but has anyone had any success getting in contact with Jackson in recent months? I was dealing with 2 water-damaged wooden cases from the Arrows campaign with his previous team member who has now left. She told me to now get in contact with Jackson about the issue but I haven't gotten a reply from him in 2 emails.

Cheers.
Don't bother trying to contact him through Kickstarter. Jack$on's only active there when he's running a live project and trying to get our money, but once a project is over and fulfilled, he's not back there unless he's cross-promoting another upcoming project. He's so good at answering our questions during an ongoing campaign, but nowhere to be found afterwards for any post-project customer service.

Your best bet is to contact him through his website, Kingswildproject.com, I've seen some people have success getting a hold of Jack$on that way. The only other suggestion is maybe to contact him on his YouTube channel. Presumably he's making money off of YouTube, so that means he'll probably be there.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

You can't also try contacting him via DM on instagram. He seems to post there frequently.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck