FEDERAL 52 "part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
RichK
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

Re: FEDERAL 52 "part two"? AND DIE CUT EDITION

Unread post by RichK »

I think Jackson should keep reading 1 Thessalonians...

1 Thessalonians 4:12 " so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."
Move on, nothing to see here.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

jerichoholic wrote:
sinjin7 wrote:
guru wrote:He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
"There will.always be negativity on UC and there is no reason for me to spend anytime there as it serves no purpose. The best way for people to speak is with their wallets and not their keyboards.".
It just seems like all the designers who whine about how "negative" it is here at UC are the ones who fail to realize that most of the negativity is self-inflicted and they either don't have the ability or the interest in trying to smooth things over, make things right, or constructively benefit from the criticism, as much as it may sting sometimes. How is it that designers such as Uusi, Lotrek, Lorenzo, Giovanni, Rick Davidson, Randy Butterfield and Alex Chin (just to name a few) do quite well here at UC? It's not like any of them are perfect or never made mistakes. I could never imagine any one of them making the kind of comment like Jackson did above, or to admonish us to #practicemore. It's because they have all the talent but none of the arrogance and hubris that Jackson has.

I think I will take Jackson Robinson's advice and speak with my wallet: I will never again support or buy another product from him. I'm perfectly fine with his absence from this forum, I much prefer crickets chirping.
Very good point about the self-inflicted negativity and case in point as a result of him cancelling my pledge i've voiced my displeasure here and on Facebook and even more so on my upcoming weekly update video. If he hadn't cancelled my pledge I wouldn't be shitting on him at all right now, so he brought this upon himself.
Really..? What does "shitting on him" accomplish for you (or anyone)? Nothing Jackson has done justifies any amount of your self-fueled hatred of him and his campaigns. Be a man, accept the fact that you've alienated him and some of his campaigns, and move on. For the love of God just move on.

The problem with people like you and the modern world is that you'd rather 'rock the boat' or receive attention for shock-value content rather than provide dialogue about something (or anything) useful. Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I can't, and won't, stand this garbage here. UC is a great place for great people to get together and this nonsense doesn't belong. If Jackson doesn't want to be around this great community then he's all the lesser for it. He's the one missing out.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

guru wrote: He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
"There will.always be negativity on UC and there is no reason for me to spend anytime there as it serves no purpose. The best way for people to speak is with their wallets and not their keyboards.".
Well I really hope that Mr. "I don't like to ear that I'm not the best" listen to the wallets of those that still support him, they are fewer and fewer each time... Maybe its time for him to do something different. I would really like to see him being honest and true to his word when it comes to what's promised. Another thing is to really envolve backers in the process - not envolve them just to pay - but as he did on Federal52 part I and II. In the end his excuse to still be using KS is because e loves how backers get envolved in the process!! This one always makes laught hard...
A bit more communication would also be a good thing, he's one of the worst KS creators out there in terms of campaign management. Not to mention the deliberate hidding of features not included and other issues/printing errors. With all of these things still amuses me how people still support him. At least for this Federal52 part 2 thing, I'm sure people aren't supporting him for the artwork, and not because he is the best KS creator out there, nor this deck was cheap enough that "I would buy it just because it is cheap"....
Well, we, as human beings, are really strange creatures...
theCapraAegagrus

sms69x wrote:
guru wrote: He won' t be here anymore. Had a chat on Insta with him around 3 weeks back and this was his reply....I think most of the collectors who started through Kickstarter owe it to him through his Fed 52 original edition deck and now this is what happens.
Well I really hope that Mr. "I don't like to ear that I'm not the best" listen to the wallets of those that still support him, they are fewer and fewer each time... Maybe its time for him to do something different. I would really like to see him being honest and true to his word when it comes to what's promised. Another thing is to really envolve backers in the process - not envolve them just to pay - but as he did on Federal52 part I and II. In the end his excuse to still be using KS is because e loves how backers get envolved in the process!! This one always makes laught hard...
A bit more communication would also be a good thing, he's one of the worst KS creators out there in terms of campaign management. Not to mention the deliberate hidding of features not included and other issues/printing errors. With all of these things still amuses me how people still support him. At least for this Federal52 part 2 thing, I'm sure people aren't supporting him for the artwork, and not because he is the best KS creator out there, nor this deck was cheap enough that "I would buy it just because it is cheap"....
Well, we, as human beings, are really strange creatures...
I honestly think that the biggest problem with JR, is that he became so big so fast, and his following has drawn so much criticism because of that crowd size. Lotrek, Alex Chin, etc are still here because their critics are few and far between. I mean, hell, Lotrek has had some of the longest fulfillment calendars I've ever experienced. He has a smaller crowd, though, because he only produces 100-300 decks for a lot of his limited offerings. If he had more detractors he may certainly not be as active here as he is.

This isn't to excuse Mr. Robinson, because he has certainly made mistakes (big IMO) along the way, but again I can understand his reasoning. And as I also said; he's missing out by not being here. I wish him luck in the rest of his career and thank him for all of the great artwork he's provided me, my family, and my friends with.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
jerichoholic
Player: Yes
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Ok maybe "shitting" wasn't the right word. Most of my criticism of Jackson has been regarding his handling of things during various projects especially Legal Tender. Never had any criticisms of his work. And my point was that I didn't have any issues with Federal 52 part 2 until he created the issue himself.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

TwoPieceFeed wrote: Lotrek, Alex Chin, etc are still here because their critics are few and far between. I mean, hell, Lotrek has had some of the longest fulfillment calendars I've ever experienced. He has a smaller crowd, though, because he only produces 100-300 decks for a lot of his limited offerings. If he had more detractors he may certainly not be as active here as he is.
As far as I am concerned, I think that the criticism I get is fewer because of the way I react to it, not because of the smaller crowd. I take for granted that this criticism is constructive as it comes from people who love and support my work so I'm seeing it as a means for improvement.
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

Slightly off-topic but has anyone had any success getting in contact with Jackson in recent months? I was dealing with 2 water-damaged wooden cases from the Arrows campaign with his previous team member who has now left. She told me to now get in contact with Jackson about the issue but I haven't gotten a reply from him in 2 emails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

snsdmonkey wrote:Slightly off-topic but has anyone had any success getting in contact with Jackson in recent months? I was dealing with 2 water-damaged wooden cases from the Arrows campaign with his previous team member who has now left. She told me to now get in contact with Jackson about the issue but I haven't gotten a reply from him in 2 emails.

Cheers.
Please keep us posted on how this goes for you. Whether (and how) you get the problem resolved is an increasingly important data point.

I seem to be recall (and I may be misremembering) that in the past, JR occasionally took care of issues like this without responding directly to the customer, so that everything was ultimately fixed but until the fix transpired, the customer was in the dark. (That said, I only ever had a couple of minor issues with Kings Wild projects over the years, and they were always addressed quickly, courteously, and with good will.)

I hope that Jackson is working behind the scenes to resolve your issues, but either way, I'd like to know -- and I'm sure others here would benefit from knowing, as well.
This space intentionally left blank.
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

snsdmonkey wrote:Slightly off-topic but has anyone had any success getting in contact with Jackson in recent months? I was dealing with 2 water-damaged wooden cases from the Arrows campaign with his previous team member who has now left. She told me to now get in contact with Jackson about the issue but I haven't gotten a reply from him in 2 emails.

Cheers.
Don't bother trying to contact him through Kickstarter. Jack$on's only active there when he's running a live project and trying to get our money, but once a project is over and fulfilled, he's not back there unless he's cross-promoting another upcoming project. He's so good at answering our questions during an ongoing campaign, but nowhere to be found afterwards for any post-project customer service.

Your best bet is to contact him through his website, Kingswildproject.com, I've seen some people have success getting a hold of Jack$on that way. The only other suggestion is maybe to contact him on his YouTube channel. Presumably he's making money off of YouTube, so that means he'll probably be there.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

You can't also try contacting him via DM on instagram. He seems to post there frequently.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

That right there is the problem, you shouldn't have to chase JR around, he should be MAN enough to deal with all issues himself and not pond off his responsibilities to someone else so they can calm the storm.

If your looking for a refund, get it from your credit card company. Explain the situation as such and request the refund. That's why we (as consumers) pay for Credit Insurance for these types of issues. They'll personally go after JR once KS directs them to the Creator/Owner of the project.

I've had to do it on more than one occasion without a problem.
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Cardians wrote:That right there is the problem, you shouldn't have to chase JR around, he should be MAN enough to deal with all issues himself and not pond off his responsibilities to someone else so they can calm the storm.

If your looking for a refund, get it from your credit card company. Explain the situation as such and request the refund. That's why we (as consumers) pay for Credit Insurance for these types of issues. They'll personally go after JR once KS directs them to the Creator/Owner of the project.

I've had to do it on more than one occasion without a problem.
You usually have 30 days to dispute a charge. If its past that you're usually out of luck.
Cardians

Rich, it's actually 90 days but given the overall process of printing playing cards, shipping and fulfillment and let's not forget KS platform when it comes to surveys, once you explain the situation and the process to your credit card company most will charge back that item.

Just because it takes 6,7,8+ months for a pledge to deliver, doesn't mean you don't as a consumer have the right to request a full refund and if not, escalate it further up the chain. The last thing ANY major credit card holder wants is for you to NOT to continue to use their card/business.

I've had to explain a few times the overall process of when pledges are collected to when we fill out our ship to, to when the products actually is supposed to ship. If you don't receive an item, your entitled to the payment back. No if, ands or but about it!!

Hope that clears things up with people that don't receive their goods or recieve something that wasn't promissed. Legal tender is and was a prime example. Just cause JR doesn't give you your money back doesn't mean you can't get it.
theCapraAegagrus

Cardians wrote:Rich, it's actually 90 days but given the overall process of printing playing cards, shipping and fulfillment and let's not forget KS platform when it comes to surveys, once you explain the situation and the process to your credit card company most will charge back that item.

Just because it takes 6,7,8+ months for a pledge to deliver, doesn't mean you don't as a consumer have the right to request a full refund and if not, escalate it further up the chain. The last thing ANY major credit card holder wants is for you to NOT to continue to use their card/business.

I've had to explain a few times the overall process of when pledges are collected to when we fill out our ship to, to when the products actually is supposed to ship. If you don't receive an item, your entitled to the payment back. No if, ands or but about it!!

Hope that clears things up with people that don't receive their goods or recieve something that wasn't promissed. Legal tender is and was a prime example. Just cause JR doesn't give you your money back doesn't mean you can't get it.
Not to derail the thread, but it depends on the bank, too. American Express and Discover have willingly refunded purchases I've made up to 24 months. I'm not sure if the same can be said of cards that banks issue under their network though (AmEx or Discover-branded cards provided by BofA, Wells Fargo, etc). Visa Signature and World Elite Mastercard, both regardless of who the card issuer is, are almost as accommodating.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

Jackson had offhandedly mention something about another Black Reserve, did that just disappear as innocuously as it had come up?
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

On his Fed 52 2nd Ed. he tossed out the idea of a letterpress tuck with green, not red, all seeing eye and new courts. Minimal responses wanted it. Bet it won't be cheap since he didn't even sell all his Intaglio letterpress decks.
alric

Unread post by alric »

This campaign raised less than $32K? That has to sting for Jack$on. For reference, his Federal 52 Part 2 campaign raised $44K on the first day alone (on the way to $188K). This is before he started pissing off supporters. I would've guessed if there was any campaign that would make a ton of cash for Jack$on, it would've been this Federal 52 2nd Edition (trying to ride on the coattails of his most successful campaigns). This proves how much support he's lost since his early days. Listen, Jack$on, at the rate your campaigns are shrinking, maybe you need to #practicemore. :roll:
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Another Jackson "it didn't work like I wanted". Instead of the Letterpress deck being signed and numbered you get a card.

Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

*sigh* I am still waiting on my decks....and cards.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

RichK wrote:Another Jackson "it didn't work like I wanted". Instead of the Letterpress deck being signed and numbered you get a card.
But you can always return everything for a refund. . . :roll:
niceguy0750
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by niceguy0750 »

Just received the 2nd Federal 52 Edition today... Does anybody has some issue with their decks or just me. His letter press tuck doesn’t seem to fit the deck. It just don’t look good to me and the press tuck Limited deck are the same as the standards deck. Kinda overpriced for the Limited to look same as standards!! Feeling of disappointed!! I tried to put a pix but it kept saying file to big.
theCapraAegagrus

niceguy0750 wrote:Just received the 2nd Federal 52 Edition today... Does anybody has some issue with their decks or just me. His letter press tuck doesn’t seem to fit the deck. It just don’t look good to me and the press tuck Limited deck are the same as the standards deck. Kinda overpriced for the Limited to look same as standards!! Feeling of disappointed!! I tried to put a pix but it kept saying file to big.
I think that most of us knew the "LE" deck was just an expensive tuck swap.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I just got my decks. The super version is basically a deck of cards in a regular tuck wrapped in cellophane inside anothe tuck. I didn’t even get signature cards! I don’t feel the love...
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

Got mine.

I know people says collector pay a lot simply to buy the tuck.

Now JR make it 100% real. The letterpress edition is really the tuck and the ordinary edition. And what's more, not numbered, and the tuck is obviously too small to hold the cards and the original tuck.

I bet JR want to at least somehow fit the deck into the letterpress deck, and then changed his mind. "fk it, backers are morons they don't care"

Well I care and I must join the party here to put some dirty word on JR, which I tried not to
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Jackson did reply to me quickly that he had explained in the last update that the signature cards would be mailed separately. He is correct in that this was explained in his last update.

That said, as was mentioned this letterpressed tuck was undersized for the job, I do appreciate his more direct involvement in making these tucks. But I am underwhelmed at the quality given the cost.

I still like JR’s artistic talent, but will be a bit more careful and selective in the future.
ChumpofSpades
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by ChumpofSpades »

Why no clubs on the legend? Honest misprint or are clubs for suckers?
Cardians

Bradius wrote:That said, as was mentioned this letterpressed tuck was undersized for the job
Can you please tell me which update it was where JR clearly states the Letterpress tuck was going to be undersized because I can't seem to find it anywhere.

As of today, I haven't received any of my decks. If my limited versions tuck is poorly made as the ones I've seen online and what people are complaining about, I'll be seeking a full refund with my entire pledge being shipped back to him.

There is no reason for this type of error/incompetence from JR when paying $86 for two decks, in which case one deck is completely botched.

It's one thing to say, this is only a rendering and the final product will be different. That I can except, a different shade of color was used during print (eg. Texas deck) or the design and overall artwork changed or the type of stock being used has changed is the only acceptable term when saying "subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented in images and copy while the Kickstarter project was active."

It's another to say "this rendering will actually be smaller then the tuck box itself because I can't seem to get my measurements correct when die cutting the paper for the tuck"

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy most of JR's work and have most of his decks in my collection, but this type of laziness is not acceptable. If this project was outsourced by USPCC/EPCC/MPC and the limited edition tucks came to him exactly how he produced them for us, would he except it for what it is? NO! of course not, USPCC/EPCC/MPC would correct this mistake and re-print the sleeves to properly fit the tuck. They've done it before with other errors they've made and promptly corrected it, and us backers have had to wait and can except a wait as long as the problem is fixed and communicated with us.

Now I ask, why is it ok for us (his supporters) to accept this type of behavior when clearly it was no fault but his own. Why couldn't he just post a reply stating the cutting for the limited edition boxes fell to short and will need to redo them. I find whenever it benefits him, he'll post a update to tell us of the problems. But whenever JR doesn't want to come forth and own up to his mistakes he blatantly ignores posting any updates, and ships out whatever was made and expects people to just accept it. This is how this campaign went.

This will be the VERY last time I EVER support this asshole.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Don’t get your hopes up. This limited edition was far from his best work. The best that can be said is that he hopefully is learning how to do better on his 1964 Heidelberg Windmill Press. Given the cost we paid, he could afford to have practiced until he arrived at a spectacular tuck. I have two limited editions. Not sure which tuck gets which limited number signature card. I guess it doesn’t matter and is not important. Perhaps the numbered signature card isn’t important either. This one has unfortunately underwhelmed me. I still think Madura art and such is well designed. As someone else is producing the boxes, I have hope it will be done right.
aznh

Unread post by aznh »

guess we wont be getting any more custom letterpress decks. found this when I came across a deck jackson was selling.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heidelberg-Let ... 1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chandler-and-P ... 1438.l2649

wow that didnt last long :!:
theCapraAegagrus

aznh wrote:guess we wont be getting any more custom letterpress decks. found this when I came across a deck jackson was selling.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heidelberg-Let ... 1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chandler-and-P ... 1438.l2649

wow that didnt last long :!:
That's good news IMO. He picked up a hobby for about 18 months, made some money off of it, and now he's moving on to hopefully better things. I had literally no interest in the homemade LE tucks.

He probably realized that, despite the good profits, it is just too much work.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠