OCULUS Deck by Randy Butterfield and Mike Wilson

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

OCULUS Deck by Randy Butterfield and Mike Wilson

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

Hey Everyone,

My buddy Mike Wilson (thedoc318) and I have a new Cardistry geared Deck coming to Kickstarter in September. It will be running through Mike's KS account, as I'll have a pair of Knights Decks launching a few weeks later.

The OCULUS Deck is meant to be a working Deck for the Cardistry crowd, and others. We wanted to go against the two dangerous trends of Cardistry Decks - Bad minimal design, and overpricing.

1 Deck pledge Tiers will be $12 (including U.S. Shipping), and the prices get lower and lower for multiple Deck pledge Tiers (including $78 early bird Bricks and $84 regular Bricks - includes U.S. Shipping).

Anyways, here's a look at the Back Card and a few Courts. The awesome Back Card prototype photo is from Mike!!

It's been a fun Deck to work on, and I hope you all like it!

Thanks, Randy

Attachments
Enlight151.jpg
OculusCards.jpg
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: OCULUS Deck coming to KS in September

Unread post by vasta41 »

RandyButterfield wrote:We wanted to go against the two dangerous trends of Cardistry Decks - Bad minimal design, and overpricing.
While I agree that the back design is not bad those court cards are awful. And at $12 I expect USPCC printing? Either way, these look nice but those lazy courts aren't my cup of tea.
portcullis
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Wow, not the court style I was expecting at all, from the back. I still like them but ...
badpete69
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

I am obviously not a cardist but I am curious to hear about what they think about the courts.. To me the courts make this deck a pass.
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I knew this design may be a little too different for the collectors, but that's the chance you have to take when gearing a design towards a different group than I usually would.

I looked over pretty much all of the Cardistry specific Decks that have come out in the last couple years (and there's been a lot!). In general there's been two types of Courts' treatments for the Cardistry Decks - 1 - completely standard as standard can get or 2 - fully-custom designs that are odd, geometric or abstract shapes.

My overall design language for the OCULUS is Pointilism. I thought the use of many circular shapes creating a more complex image would be a great marriage for Cardisty (and should look great when in motion).

With the OCULUS Deck I wanted to create a Courts design that combined the two types of Cardistry Courts. Each Court has subtle imagery of the standard Court, but has the more dynamic Poinilistic design elements as the driving point.

Today we started showing the Courts to the Cardistry fans (which are mostly on Instagram). So far so good. No negative comments from them at all.

I was actually very surprised to see the negative comments about the Courts on here (especially the "awful" comment). I have an MPC prototype Deck in my hands right now. The overall effect of the color spirals and circle masks is pretty mesmerizing!

Hey SinJin or anyone else into Cardistry - what's your take on the OCULUS design?

Also, attached is a Render of the Tuck Box.

The Deck will be printed by Hanson Chien (same Taiwan printer as EPCC and LPCC). The 1 Deck pledge will be $12 ($8 for the Deck, $4 to account for KS Fees and Fulfillment). Single Deck Add-Ons will be $8.00 ($9.00 .INT).

Thanks, Randy
Attachments
OCULUSTrio.jpg
OculusTUCKBox3d.jpg
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

I like this back design! The tuck box is almost perfect but I would removed the white color completely from the tuck. Full wrap with dots pattern ... or to create an illusion of the deck itself (see on photo), even with lines.
Attachments
OculusTUCKBox3d.jpg
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Its awfully odd to expect that Randy would not hit th'due diligence button prior to politely asking here ....
Those that denegrate these courts can get left behind, maybe ?
In the Cardistry Clans, the blowback to inferior so called criticism is patent.
They are saying, essentially, See ya later.
Some do not say that, of course. :D

Full Bleed Back Brick ....
Oxygen please Nurse ....
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
badpete69

I must admit i like the tuck Randy... I think I will be backing this. Good luck my friend
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

+1 for the full bleed tuck. The white obverse makes me think of snowflakes .... not sure why, but I don't think that's the look being sought. I could be wrong.

Consider this kickstarter officially on the "maybe" pile.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by sinjin7 »

RandyButterfield wrote:Hey SinJin or anyone else into Cardistry - what's your take on the OCULUS design?
I'm always in favor of more cardistry-centric decks. As for the Oculus deck specifically, here are some thoughts:

Back design: I like the back design, I appreciate the bold and contrasting colors. As for the dots radiating out from the center, I wonder if it wouldn't look more dynamic if they spiraled out more like the center circular element instead of straight rays, but it looks fine as is. I also like that its a full-bleed back.

Courts: They don't blow me away, but I don't hate them, either. I think you can take more license beyond standard courts in a cardistry deck, but I'd like the courts to still be playable as a regular deck as well. I think this is a very interesting take. You clearly have the radiating dots (which matches the theme of the back design) with subtle hints of the courts found within, which is great. But is the hint strong enough? Is it too subtle? I guess I'd like to see some Queens and Jacks to determine if they are distinguishable enough as courts and distinguishable enough from each other to be recognizable and playable as a regular deck.

Spot cards: I think more could've been done here. I would like to see more design elements on the sides and especially in the corners of the face cards as well, so you can have interesting face-out fans and spreads. I'd love to see a deck where you can do a routine of cuts and fans, and then flip the deck face out and do the same routine again and still have it look just as dynamic as when it was with the back out.

Tuck: I really like the tuck - it's bold and distinct and strong with the theme running through out the deck. If you add embossing and foiling, you'll hook the collectors right in along with the cardists. Maybe you can offer a premium blue and red foiled tuck as a special/limited collectors edition (but make it available right from the start and not as a stretch goal).

Printer: This is where you lose me. I know you and I have had conversations about why you choose the Taiwanese printers instead of USPCC, and as the designer and producer that is 100% your prerogative. But this is specifically a cardistry deck. I personally find the Taiwan-produced decks to be merely adequate in regards to handling. But the best cardistry decks need to be exceptional with handling, not merely adequate. I want to point out, again, that the most elite cardists (the Virts, Buck twins, De'Vo, etc...) all use the USPCC for their signature cardistry decks, not EPCC/LPCC. I know when your Kickstarter campaign opens, you're going to tout how great the latest EPCC/LPCC finish (whatever it may be called) is and how smooth the edges of their cards are cut versus the USPCC (which is utterly meaningless in any cardistry, magic, or card playing context), but it still won't handle as well as even a humble Bicycle Rider Back.

Overall, this is a worthy addition to cardistry. I welcome a cardistry deck that goes beyond the usual copycat, color-blocked geometric themes that somehow became the "norm" for cardistry. I like the chances Randy's taking with this deck, and I'll definitely be backing this project. Whatever qualms I have with the printer is more than offset by the promise in the design of the deck, and by Randy's sterling reputation of running a tight and efficient Kickstarter campaign.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

RandyButterfield wrote:I was actually very surprised to see the negative comments about the Courts on here (especially the "awful" comment).
Randy, as you may or may not know I'm a big proponent of your work and proudly own most of your decks. I'm admittedly not that big into "cardistry decks" but do own some. So my opinion is obviously biased but even though it's obvious you spent a lot of time on this deck, as well as the courts, they pale in comparison to your others. I see the effect you're going for but maybe like sinjin said they should be more recognizable? I don't know- all I know is that you don't need to draw a line in the sand between 100% standard courts and odd, abstract designs. There can be a middle ground!
For what it's worth even though I don't like the courts I think every other aspect of this deck is great (minus the printing company :() and I'd wish you luck but I'm sure you won't need it. They just aren't for me.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

vasta41 wrote: There can be a middle ground!
Hey Randy...I was taking a look at the Rome deck a while back and was thinking as to why haven't you tried Cardistry themed decks earlier and here I see one. Given the way your unique touch works on card backs, I think you've nailed your first Cardistry themed deck with Oculus.

On vasta41's comment on getting a middle ground, I will say don't go for it and you'd know better too.

On the comment about middle ground...let me share my perspective. I started with an initial assumption that Bharata Tarot Playing Cards (52 normal + 4 Major Arcana) with 100% custom artwork can wow both playing card collectors' and tarot enthusiasts/collectors' community. Though there is an element of GPCC being new, but let's keep it aside for this discussion. I started receiving feedback from many that this deck is neither a full playing card deck (because it hasn't got 2 jokers which are used in many card games), and nor it is a tarot deck (even though 4 cards hold major significance in readings but it is still not that usable). I got a few comments that I should not have gone for the middle ground :) and could have either gone for a full playing card or a full tarot deck. Even Chris O. had told me before the start of the campaign that if he'd like to correct one thing from his Arcana deck's campaign, he'll likely go with a full tarot deck form the beginning. So, I don't think middle ground is a good option as it may alienate both camps.

Anyways coming back to Oculus, keep it Cardistry themed, gauge feedback from cardists, Sinjin7 has already given you a comprehensive feedback and try to spread the word before the campaign itself (you're already doing it). There is a deck reviewer on the other forum who enquired about a recently launched cardistry deck by Hanson Chien. It may be better to get in touch with him for a prototype review.

Though everyone here, who loved your previous works has good intentions, but their feedback can still be biased because majority of them are collectors and not cardists. So, get this deck in front of the right audience, and you'll still find a lot of support here on UC barring a few exceptions.

Good luck!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

guru wrote:On vasta41's comment on getting a middle ground, I will say don't go for it and you'd know better too.

On the comment about middle ground...let me share my perspective. I started with an initial assumption that Bharata Tarot Playing Cards (52 normal + 4 Major Arcana) with 100% custom artwork can wow both playing card collectors' and tarot enthusiasts/collectors' community. Though there is an element of GPCC being new, but let's keep it aside for this discussion. I started receiving feedback from many that this deck is neither a full playing card deck (because it hasn't got 2 jokers which are used in many card games), and nor it is a tarot deck (even though 4 cards hold major significance in readings but it is still not that usable). I got a few comments that I should not have gone for the middle ground :) and could have either gone for a full playing card or a full tarot deck. Even Chris O. had told me before the start of the campaign that if he'd like to correct one thing from his Arcana deck's campaign, he'll likely go with a full tarot deck form the beginning. So, I don't think middle ground is a good option as it may alienate both camps.
You took my "middle ground" comment out of context. What I meant was that the courts don't either need to be 100% standard or something obscure. The standard courts can be tweaked many ways before becoming something odd. My comment was in regards to the courts alone- not the overall theme of a cardistry deck. Who says a "cardistry deck" has to have only standard or weird courts? There can be shades of grey (50, so I'm told...).
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

As a collector and Randy's fan (and friend), I like this deck because it has Randy's style even being less "figurative" artwork thank we have seen before. I am a bit tired of geometrical cardistry decks and I have to say this is quite different. I like the idea of the court cards and the inspiration behind them. Good job Randy!
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

sinjin7 wrote:
RandyButterfield wrote:Hey SinJin or anyone else into Cardistry - what's your take on the OCULUS design?
I'm always in favor of more cardistry-centric decks. As for the Oculus deck specifically, here are some thoughts:

Back design: I like the back design, I appreciate the bold and contrasting colors. As for the dots radiating out from the center, I wonder if it wouldn't look more dynamic if they spiraled out more like the center circular element instead of straight rays, but it looks fine as is. I also like that its a full-bleed back.

Courts: They don't blow me away, but I don't hate them, either. I think you can take more license beyond standard courts in a cardistry deck, but I'd like the courts to still be playable as a regular deck as well. I think this is a very interesting take. You clearly have the radiating dots (which matches the theme of the back design) with subtle hints of the courts found within, which is great. But is the hint strong enough? Is it too subtle? I guess I'd like to see some Queens and Jacks to determine if they are distinguishable enough as courts and distinguishable enough from each other to be recognizable and playable as a regular deck.

Spot cards: I think more could've been done here. I would like to see more design elements on the sides and especially in the corners of the face cards as well, so you can have interesting face-out fans and spreads. I'd love to see a deck where you can do a routine of cuts and fans, and then flip the deck face out and do the same routine again and still have it look just as dynamic as when it was with the back out.

Tuck: I really like the tuck - it's bold and distinct and strong with the theme running through out the deck. If you add embossing and foiling, you'll hook the collectors right in along with the cardists. Maybe you can offer a premium blue and red foiled tuck as a special/limited collectors edition (but make it available right from the start and not as a stretch goal).

Printer: This is where you lose me. I know you and I have had conversations about why you choose the Taiwanese printers instead of USPCC, and as the designer and producer that is 100% your prerogative. But this is specifically a cardistry deck. I personally find the Taiwan-produced decks to be merely adequate in regards to handling. But the best cardistry decks need to be exceptional with handling, not merely adequate. I want to point out, again, that the most elite cardists (the Virts, Buck twins, De'Vo, etc...) all use the USPCC for their signature cardistry decks, not EPCC/LPCC. I know when your Kickstarter campaign opens, you're going to tout how great the latest EPCC/LPCC finish (whatever it may be called) is and how smooth the edges of their cards are cut versus the USPCC (which is utterly meaningless in any cardistry, magic, or card playing context), but it still won't handle as well as even a humble Bicycle Rider Back.

Overall, this is a worthy addition to cardistry. I welcome a cardistry deck that goes beyond the usual copycat, color-blocked geometric themes that somehow became the "norm" for cardistry. I like the chances Randy's taking with this deck, and I'll definitely be backing this project. Whatever qualms I have with the printer is more than offset by the promise in the design of the deck, and by Randy's sterling reputation of running a tight and efficient Kickstarter campaign.
Hey SinJin,

Thanks for your very constructive input! I actually two main Back Cards that I created. The second one was very similar to your description. I vetoed it because I thought the design silhouette was too similar to the Draconian Backs, and I'm doing a new Draconian with my Knights Decks' Kickstarter in late September. I didn't want them contradicting each other. I told Mike that spiral design could be a good V2 design, if the first project was popular.

For the Courts, I went through a lot of back-and-forth with the transparency of the Court drawings VS. the transparency of the radiating dots. The settings I have them at now are the most eye pleasing, I think. But I'll play around with making the Court drawings a little more visible. I've posted a few other Courts, with the current settings. As you can see, they are distinguishable between each other. Plus, the light blue of the Court drawings lighten up a little when converting from CMYK to RGB for JPGs. They'll print a little darker than seen in the JPGs.

I definitely played around with adding what I call design "nubs" on the Face Cards. A handful of the non-playable Cardistry Decks have the odd and random elements located in the corners, top, bottom and / or sides. To me, they usually look like afterthoughts. They may look good when doing Cardistry moves, but they look forced when each Card is viewed separately. I've also attached an image of a Face Card border treatment I did early on, the only one that worked well with this look (I didn't even show Mike though). I think it makes the Face Cards look too busy, and it definitely looks forced. It also gives it that geometric look I'm trying to steer away from. Plus there's no real reason for it to be there, other than looking good during moves. But I guess that is part of the point of doing a Cardistry design. I'll show Mike the Face Card Border treatment, and see what he thinks of it.

I'm glad you like the Tuck!! @Montenzi - I originally had the White slices as the Red design element on the Front and Sides. It's much more impactful with them as White. We definitely have UV Spot Ink and Embossing stretch goals in mind for the Tuck Box. We want to keep it as just one version of the Deck and Tuck Box though. I want to keep away from the Tuck Swaps as much as I can.

Yep, SinJin and I have talked, via PM, about my trepidations with printing with USPCC. Years ago I vowed to never print any future solo Decks with USPCC! They had really screwed us over on the White ORNATES with their +/- 10% rule (more like +15% take it or else…..). They had also messed up the bottom flaps of around 80% of the Unbranded Obsidian Tuck Boxes (and were blasé about it "somehow slipped through our Q1 Inspectors..."). I'm sad to say, working with them for freelance Decks the past couple years hasn't helped in changing my mind. I could probably write a book on the behind-the-scenes inconsistency of USPCC's Prepress, Printing and Law departments!

I've submitted Print Files for 4 different designs to USPCC this year alone (V2 Honeybees, Bicycle Inspire, Snake Oil and one I can't mention). EVERY one of them had some kind of issue with either their Prepress or Law departments! For the Metalluxe Honeybees, they came back a week or two later and had me put all of the separate Foil and Embossing Plates into the same Illustrator file, in separate Layers (even though they had me separate similar Plates into SEPARATE Illustrator files for a different design in 2016). A couple more weeks later, they came back and said "yeah, we now have a new Tuck Dieline for any that have Embossing". So, I had to rework the files again. USPCC's mishaps are the main reasons the Metalluxe Honeybees are taking longer than the regular V2 Honeybees! For the Bicycle Inspire Deck, they had the usual round of Legal Copy changes that happen with any Bicycle branded Tucks (it's NEVER the same from project to project). Then they came back and wanted me to change the Blue color's name from "PANTONE BLUE" to "PANTONE 286" in all 56 of the marked Back Cards' files. I told them that change didn't make any sense, since they could easily change the color name ONE time after they setup the Faces' Uncut layout (and it didn't make any difference anyways. They still had to print just the 1 Pantone plate). I was leaving for vacation less than an hour after they sent that request and couldn't do it, so I guess they actually sucked it up and did it themselves. For the Snake Oil Decks, they came up with some new guideline where they wanted me to move all of the Face Card Dielines from a separate Photoshop Layer to an Alpha Channel. The USPCC Lawyers made a big stink on that one about changing "PRINTED BY…" to "MANUFACTURED BY…". I had some very detailed and complex Layers I had to redo and adjust in order to do these petty changes. I was pissed!!! My early background was working in the Prepress department of a Printshop, so I know how to supply extremely pristine Print Files. I can't even imagine the "fixes" they have novice designers do for them!

My day job (designing for alcohol brands - Jameson, Absolut, Malibu, Jim Beam…..) involves a lot of back-and-forth with Lawyers, and minor revisions to make sure the designs and wording are compliant with each state's legal restrictions. After working the full day on stuff like that, I want to minimalize similar hassles during my night / hobby job. I know one thing for sure - printing with the LPCC / EPCC / Hanson printer has NONE of these inconsistent Prepress and Lawyer issues!!

And, most importantly, there are NO worries about trim registration for Full Bleed or Thin Border designs (which was also a major reason we chose Hanson over USPCC). Poor trim registration is always a known problem with USPCC.

Setting that aside, since the OCULUS is a collaboration with my buddy Mike, I told Mike I'm completely open with using USPCC for printing. We inquired and received quotes from USPCC and Hanson. The per Deck printing cost for the quantity we're shooting for were almost the same (3,000 Decks). But that was with USPCC's in-house printing. I know for a fact that the Tuck costs more than double if you have any special feature item, because they have to use a third party printer to produce it (Interior Printing, Foil, Embossing, UV Spot Ink…). So, with the low cost we want to keep the multi-Deck tiers at, we wouldn't have a lot of leeway to add special features with USPCC if the project went well (it would make the per Deck costs almost double). The big nail in the coffin, for me, against going with USPCC was seeing how much they charge for "Prepress Fees". Since I've always printed with USPCC through other companies, I have never actually seen a printing quote from them. When I saw that they charge almost $900 for Prepress Fees, I was furious. $900 for them to have YOU do countless minor and useless revisions to make their job as simple as can be? Nope!!! Mike was swaying more towards Hanson anyways, so we decided to go with Hanson Chien Productions (who has produced a handful of popular Decks in the Cardistry world - Odyssey, Red Stripe, Pineapple, Frostbite, Chicken Nuggets....).

thanks, Randy
Attachments
OculusQUADS.jpg
TESTBorders.jpg
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

The borderless cards do look much better. And having seen all the courts together like that I take back my "awful" statement. They're still not my cup of tea but certainly not awful. I'm curious if there's a reason you didn't continue the redish tinge on the hearts and diamond courts rather than having it fade out as you do now? I wonder if the "shaddowed" court figures would pop better on those cards if they were that red hue rather than light blue.
Either way, *WOW* to that USPCC story. I had no idea what pains in the asses they are! Still wish this were USPCC but now I understand your reasoning.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: OCULUS Deck coming to KS in September (wap)

Unread post by guru »

Thanks for sharing the story, Randy. Though I am considering USPCC for a new project but given the second such story (the first one had an instance of the artist literally crying after a pre-production call with them) I have heard, I need to seriously reconsider the decision.

You are right about Hanson Chien PC giving good decks to cardistry world and I think this model is working well for him.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Plainly, a Litany of Failure by USPC company legals.
An experienced, competent and successful professional card producer of long standing gets this gold plated gold bricking performance from a profession whose only talent is geared to Make Work, making work by unneccessarily making work for others, making work to justify their useless unprofessional position .... and outsourcing the work that they are supposed to do, on their own account, thus outsourcing the costs.
How very predictably convenient.
This patent unprofessional approach by non card producing time wasters should be highlighted here on UC, to be put at the disposal/awareness of every prospective creator who may ever consider deck creation, that the most professional advice is to not go anywhere near this underhand, backward and confected situation.
It is made >insanely< worse when advocates advocate for their useless legal partners, and cover up their own unprofessional but plainly cost effective patheticness.
Sheesh.
No wonder people deny themselves their own creativity, card production wise.
Simply, astonishingly awful !
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hey Everyone,

We're launching the OCULUS Kickstarter on Thursday at 3:00 pm EDT!

Here's the KS Preview Link. There's also a good number of 24 hour Early Birds that should show up at launch time (hopefully they do, this is a new feature since my last project).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... n=99eff973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, Randy
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

RandyButterfield wrote:Hey Everyone,

We're launching the OCULUS Kickstarter on Thursday at 3:00 pm EDT!

Here's the KS Preview Link. There's also a good number of 24 hour Early Birds that should show up at launch time (hopefully they do, this is a new feature since my last project).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... n=99eff973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thanks, Randy
Awesome! I love the 24 hour early birds, especially since I will be on a plane during launch! Another great deck, Randy! :ugdance:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon

Re: OCULUS Deck launching on Kickstarter - Thurs. at 3pm EDT

Unread post by chach »

Looks great, and for some reason the pic Jack$on posted of his new project, Oculus, was removed after you posted up the release time for this project. Odd how that worked out, huh. ;)

Seriously though, looks great and best of luck on the launch.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I hope the stretch goals are reached. That tuck is just screaming for embossing. Either way, I will be there tomorrow!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

This has been an interesting deck for me. My first reaction was "meh". I am not too wild on this type of design, and more of a classic or elaborate design deck. However, as I look at it more, I see a lot subtle features of the deck. There is a lot understated here. I am way over-committed on decks right now with Vanda taking a ton out of me for his new series. I may have to do without some lunches so I can afford a deck or two..stop making new decks. Give a poor guy a break here.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Did I miss something? Why is this late?
badpete69

Someone fell asleep at the switch
badpete69

now live

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

No single EB :(
flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

A two deck early bird for $16 including shipping? Why yes, thank you, I believe I'll have me some of that. :ugking:
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Congrats on funding so quickly, Randy.
NineLives
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by NineLives »

Congratulations on funding!
Very happy to be on board for 1 deck - can't do cardistry to save myself, though I really like how the back has an almost 3D animated feel and I can't wait to see the printed cards!

Reading Randy's [earlier] post about choice of printer and comparing notes/experiences having used both USPCC vs EPCC/LPCC (and others), I feel nothing but admiration :) Creating a deck of cards is a labour of love (blood. sweat and tears) and selecting a printer to bring that deck to life can literally make or break a dream.

As a (more novice) deck creator, my choice of printer is driven in part by the invaluable advice from communities like this one - and by research, communication and a desire to be nightmare free :) ... and while all the major printers (and several of the lesser known ones too) produce exquisite decks, I think LPCC / EPCC / Hanson is an excellent choice (in addition to that they are super friendly and helpful people):
... And, most importantly, there are NO worries about trim registration for Full Bleed or Thin Border designs (which was also a major reason we chose Hanson over USPCC). Poor trim registration is always a known problem with USPCC.
Congratulations again! :)