Crazy Deck designed by Natalia Silva

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Re: Crazy Deck now live on KS

Unread post by shermjack »

I agree that the new tuck is definitely an improvement :ugdance:

Natalia, you should consider putting your new company name/logo on the tuck as well, especially since this is your first deck by Artganics
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
serubi
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by serubi »

NataliaSilva2015 wrote:Hey guys,

So here is an updated tuck case. This is as crazy as I can go......I think!

I LOVED the idea of close up pics of the courts cards on the front that was suggested by RichK.......but unfortunately.........after hours of trying....it didn't look that great.....it looked too busy, so I had to came up with something else.

Let me know if you like this box better?

Thank you so much!
Natalia
That looks much better! It definitely reflects what's on the inside of the box, which is... crazy (badum tss).
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

MUUUUCH better! Please update the KS page with the new tuck :)
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Love the new tuck and like vasta asked, mock it and update the KS page asap please. :)

I agree with shermjack about putting your new name on the tuck too.
Move on, nothing to see here.
NataliaSilva2015
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by NataliaSilva2015 »

Hey Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your comments and suggestions! I am happy that you like this tuck box more :)

Yes, definitely, I will add a new name on the tuck. Usually, when I prepare files for printing, I make a lot of improvements and add a lot of little elements to the artwork, so the final product is always better than Kickstarter example.

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,
Natalia
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Relaunching today 10 a.m. California time.
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

Relaunched with a 2000$ goal:

Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Well, I was already in because I loved the cards. The tuck is much better now. The steam is a great touch. I like the suggestion of a plain gaff card. Every funny actor needs a straight to pull it off well.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

It's very silent on this one, no updates or comments by Natalia since Sept. 18th.
I'm a bit concerned whats going on here :(
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Azid wrote:It's very silent on this one, no updates or comments by Natalia since Sept. 18th.
I'm a bit concerned whats going on here :(
Not to mention she's released at least 2 other decks since this project ended.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Incidentally i've just discovered something about her recent projects and updates. With the Avalon project she posted an update in January that the art was done and that it was currently in production. 2 months later, almost to the day, she posts the EXACT same update. What gives? Saw basically the same thing on her Muertos projects. Posted an update a couple months ago that there was some "delay". And more recently posted almost the same identical update about there being a delay. Quite frankly i'm losing trust in her and don't appreciate her vague copy and paste updates.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Over 2 months past due and not a single update as to why.
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

vasta41 wrote:Over 2 months past due and not a single update as to why.
You know the names of the designers who only appear here when they need a new project funded and rarely send out updates*?

If you didn't already have Natalia on that mental list, you now have the opportunity to do so. ;)

* Updates that are actual updates about the project, not promotional messages about other projects of theirs or a link share.
RichK

Re: Crazy Deck designed by Natalia Silva

Unread post by RichK »

I sent her a KS message asking for update yesterday. Lets see what happens...
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Gareth wrote: You know the names of the designers who only appear here when they need a new project funded

If you haven't already, add Paul Carpenter to the list. The lack of communication since his Radia deck promotion and hype prior to people getting their hands on them has been non-existent. Many people had questions and concerns regarding the stock quality & seal issues and then he went into stealth mode.

I'm sure Mr. Carpenter will be here to promote his next, not so exciting deck The Priory deck :roll:
Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 3.48.47 PM.png

Don't doubt yourself my friends, it's easy to figure that the creators such as Paul and JR DO come here and read the threads, they just avoid logging in to show they've been here.

Paul Carpenter Last visited: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 pm
Jackson Robinson Last visited: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:43 pm

YA RIGHT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

I don't think this has happened with Natalia's projects before 2017.

I hope she is doing fine.

On a long shot, she might be able to save a few bucks if she combine decks from her pending projects during fulfillment. Given most of the backers are common across projects, it might be possible that she is waiting for production to finish for all different decks so that she can get shipping done at one go.
jerichoholic

I hope not. Myself and others paid shipping on each project which adds up, don't need her using this to pad her wallet.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

jerichoholic wrote:I hope not. Myself and others paid shipping on each project which adds up, don't need her using this to pad her wallet.
I think if you are provided the option of getting all decks in a single shipment, you might not be able to refuse given the delay in those projects. I'm not saying it will happen but if she has faced challenges personally or professionally, and she wants to fulfil all rewards in the coming months, combined shipment is a better option.
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

guru wrote:
jerichoholic wrote:I hope not. Myself and others paid shipping on each project which adds up, don't need her using this to pad her wallet.
I think if you are provided the option of getting all decks in a single shipment, you might not be able to refuse given the delay in those projects. I'm not saying it will happen but if she has faced challenges personally or professionally, and she wants to fulfil all rewards in the coming months, combined shipment is a better option.
Combined shipping is convenient for creator but not cool for backers of both or all 3 projects who pledged and had to add shipping. She could have asked on survey if you backed other Muertos deck and sent PM offering refund if it was a single/2 deck, not brick, purchase. It is a tough choice in my opinion.
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

Does Kickstarter have any rules about this type of thing?
RichK wrote:
guru wrote:
Combined shipping is convenient for creator but not cool for backers of both or all 3 projects who pledged and had to add shipping. She could have asked on survey if you backed other Muertos deck and sent PM offering refund if it was a single/2 deck, not brick, purchase. It is a tough choice in my opinion.
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

No. Each project was unique so she could charge shipping on each.
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

When her latest update stated the exact same thing, I immediately asked for a refund.

All my decks I pledged for where to be printed by MPC. When I asked if they were at least ready (considering MPC turn around time), she stated they "unfortunately not, and they would be done when USPCC finishes."

That's when I request a refund of all 4 of my pledges totaling $124usd (including all shipping).

At first she was "totally cool" with offering me a full refund, and when I needed to request a second time for my refund instead of "waiting it out" as she was hoping for, she then message me explaining how KS takes 8-10% in fees and could offer me $114usd. Instead of fighting her for $10, I ate the cost and took the partial refund.

There is def something going with either USPCC & MPC f***ing her over by pushing her print queue aside for others, or it's something she's personally doing (artwork, communication, deposit/final payment) that's making these take a lot longer and in longer I mean weeks & even months when you add in the shipping timeline.

Glad to get outta this one,
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Cardians wrote:There is def something going with either USPCC & MPC f***ing her over by pushing her print queue aside for others, or it's something she's personally doing (artwork, communication, deposit/final payment) that's making these take a lot longer and in longer I mean weeks & even months when you add in the shipping timeline.
Waiting a long time for decks to arrive isn't something I care about, AS LONG AS I KNOW A REASON. I think I speak for most when I say a simple update would have sufficed. And unless she lost her fingers I don't see why she couldn't type out a quick, 2 sentence explanation regardless of what happened.
I'm sorry if I sound cold and callus but like I previously said it's one thing to "duck and cover" and it's another thing completely when you emerge from hiding only to create a new deck while eliciting sympathy for her plight to new supporters STILL without typing that 2 sentence explanation to the current supporters of her overdue project.
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

I can't be certain, but I think she has done this before. Seems to me that this is a loophole in Kickstarter rules? I can't speak for other international backers, but anything from 1-5 decks cost the same amount to ship up here to Canada. Since she was charging about $6USD for shipping per campaign, she is making atleast that much off every international backer who has potentially backed multiple campaigns. I will give her the benefit of the doubt insofar as that she probably did it purely for logistical purposes, but I find it hard to believe she has not thought about this angle.

Aside - Is anyone else worried her website is down?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I am reporting this project to KS and I suggest everyone else who pledged do the same.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Please feel free to do so, but it will get you nowhere. There is no guarantee that any rewards will ever be fulfilled. As backers, this is a real risk we take that I think creators sometimes forget. The risk is real for unknown first time creators, but can even happen with established creators.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Bradius wrote:Please feel free to do so, but it will get you nowhere. There is no guarantee that any rewards will ever be fulfilled. As backers, this is a real risk we take that I think creators sometimes forget. The risk is real for unknown first time creators, but can even happen with established creators.
I'm doubtful but there is strength in numbers my friend.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

My guess is that it won't have any impact regarding this particular project -- I mean, there were many people who were much more angry with Erik Mana who complained much more loudly to KS and that had zero effect as far as motivating Mana goes -- but it could put any currently open or future project of hers into some kind of jeopardy, I suppose.

I'm inclined to continue to give her the benefit of the doubt for just a wee bit longer, although I do share everyone's concern that she hasn't popped up even if only to say, hey, I'm struggling here but I'm not gone (or something to that effect.)

So, yeah. I agree there's reason for concern, but I'm not ready to pile on just yet.

This situation could be analogous to Russel or Adam Clarkson, but it could also be analogous to Robert Tomlinson. Remember that his wife and business partner ripped up his heart as well as his business and yet, in the end, he made good on all of his commitments and rose from the mess in tact. I don't know how much Natalia's romantic partner was also involved in her card business, but to the same extent I gave Robert the benefit of the doubt, I choose to give Natalia that same benefit. We'll see.
This space intentionally left blank.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

rousselle wrote:This situation could be analogous to Russel or Adam Clarkson, but it could also be analogous to Robert Tomlinson.
The difference here is that none of those people ever had the BALLS to start another project and ask for more money while blatantly ignoring the people that already gave her money for a currently past-due, unfulfilled project! I wish people would stop comparing Natalie to all these other people- she is different. She is worse. Erik went M.I.A.- that was not good. But a year into his hiding he didn't release another deck asking for more money!! And if he did we would have crucified him. Having a late project is bad. Not sending out updates is worse. (Giving the benefit of the doubt at this point is possible EXCET...) Having a late project, not sending out updates about it, and starting a brand new project is deplorable. That's what is setting me off about Natalie. It's a whole new low.
Why does it seem like I'm the only one here who finds this atrocious?? This is practically a Ponzi Scheme, people- wake up!
jerichoholic

You're not the only one. I've even asked for a refund and gotten no response thus far. I've made comments on the project and she hasn't even bothered to defend herself nor has she bothered to post an update. Also I believe she blocked me on IG. And her website is gone. The whole thing reeks. She has also been MIA on KS since launching it last I checked. She posted 1 single comment on it, I thinking thanking people for backing or whatever without bothering to respond to anything.