Tugcards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Cbkimble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Tugcards

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I work in the maritime industry so I'm sure this is why this deck popped up on my FB feed. This deck is simply called Tugcards and they are completely free. I'm not sure which printer printed them but I'm assuming a small company. This deck was created by The Young Law Firm who specialize in maritime law. They actually don't feel that bad right out of the box but I haven't tried to play with them to see how long the finish lasts. You can get you free deck by going to http://www.tugcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It comes with about 20 extras add cards.
Attachments
tugcards.jpg
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Tugcards

Unread post by ecNate »

Good find, but I'm not sure it's worth the likely mail and email spam that will follow. I can filter out the email, but I already get too much junk mail. Still, for those willing to put up with it this is a great find, thanks for sharing! :D
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

I actually know a local tugboat captain. He's semi-retired due to age and injuries but still takes the occasional East Coast job. When he's back home he runs and food truck called The Pink Rib. He specializes in barbecue which is great but his coleslaw is really awesome. I will probably give him my deck or at least turn him on to the offer. Thanks CB!
DragonSoul

Unread post by DragonSoul »

"*Free cards are reserved for maritime workers only. All other individuals will be asked to pay a $9.99 shipping fee."
Still, they look nice.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

DragonSoul wrote:"*Free cards are reserved for maritime workers only. All other individuals will be asked to pay a $9.99 shipping fee."
Still, they look nice.

LOL, that is certainly new since yesterday. Must have noticed the sudden increase in demand out of the blue!
flashcards

I just got mine in yesterday. I was going to include pictures but they were huge and I noticed CB and already a picture of the deck at a more reasonable size. I do have something to contribute however.

From the included info card:

After a recent conversation with a client, we were inspired with the idea to create a custom playing card deck for vessel and rig workers in hopes of keeping them entertained while out on hitches. And thus RigCards and TugCards were born! We took the standard suits and numbers and added our own maritime flair to them, keeping in mind both play ability and uniqueness. What we come up with was two pretty neat-looking decks of cards that your're sure to love. Each of the face cards portrays a position on board the rig or vessel, we think you'll get a kick out of what we did with the jokers. Both decks are 63 x 88 mm, contain 54, cards, including two jokers, and a custom box.

The cards were provided free by the Young Firm, a law firm focused on maritime law. Also includes, one card with information about the deck, two cards of poker hands, three advertising cards for The Young Firm, nine cards to win $1,000 for maritime training and three cards offering an informational toolkit. The tuck is plain but thicker than normal.

The cards themselves are thin with what feels like a plastic coating. I could very well be wrong, but to me they feel about the same quality as JR's Legal Tender decks, though perhaps slightly thicker. They fanned poorly out of the box but after handling them just enough to put them in Bicycle card order, they performed much better. I'd love to get someone else's take on this. How ironic that this free deck feels just the same as the $16 Legal Tender decks. Overall, I'm quite happy with them. I'd like to get more but they are limiting them to one per family and I don't want to take advantage. However, they are also offering a second deck, the RigDeck http://www.rigcards.com/order-your-free-playing-cards/ I'll be ordering a set of these right away.

Entered into P52.
flashcards

I sent off for the TugCards and received them today. Same basic set up as the TugCards but with oil rig related theme. Fully custom on poor stock but overall not bad at all. I've paid a lot more for a log worse. Added to P52. Sorry about the giant images.
Tuck Front
Ace of Spades
Queen of Diamonds
Eight of Clubs
TheYoungFirm
Lurker
Lurker

Unread post by TheYoungFirm »

Hello everyone, I know it's been several years since the first post, but just wanted to say thank you for the shout out. I'm curious to know how they withstood regular use. I hope y'all have been enjoying them (and hopefully we haven't spammed you too much)!