Mechanic Industries Shiner and Glimmer Decks

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
rkoch78
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 210

Mechanic Industries Shiner and Glimmer Decks

Unread post by rkoch78 »

Looks to come in silver metallic or a set of both silver and gold metallic.
Up for pre-order at a couple places so far that I saw.
July 24th release.

MJM Magic
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/mechanic- ... 24773.html
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/metallic- ... WkpUOmQyHs

Hocus Pocus
https://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver
* Flip-book animation and marking system
* Metallic inks on faces and backs
* Joker gaffs compatible with Mechanic Industries Grinder coins
* Luxurious embossed tuck case with silver foil inside and out; can help you peek at cards
* Printed by USPCC on Bicycle stock with Magic finish

Flip-book animated marked deck:
The Shiner Deck uses Mechanic Industries' trademark flip book animation. It works much the same as The Mechanic Deck and VR2 Deck, with some subtle adjustments. In this repeating 13 card back design system, the way the cogs turn allows the user to read the value of each card. The suit indicator has now been enhanced and is simple to read. Your spectators will never suspect you can recognize any card at a glance!

Silver/Gold Set

This very limited edition set has been created to celebrate Mechanic Industries' 5th birthday in 2017. We have gone all out with fully stacked tuck cases embossed and wrapped with foil inside and out. Cards have metallic Pantone inks on both the backs and faces. The reflective nature of the card boxes can be leveraged to sneakily peek at what card is being dealt! The Glimmer and Shiner Decks feel great straight out of the box, printed by USPCC on high quality Bicycle stock with Magic finish. Only 2,500 Glimmer Decks will EVER be printed, and are available exclusively as part of this set.

Features
* 1 Glimmer Deck and 1 Shiner Deck
* Flip-book animation and marking system
* Gold, Silver, and Red Metallic Pantone inks with black
* Joker gaffs compatible with Mechanic Industries' Grinder coins
* Luxurious embossed tuck case with silver foil inside and out; can help you peek at cards
* Printed by USPCC on Bicycle stock with Magic finish

Flip-book animated marked deck:
Both decks use Mechanic Industries' trademark flip book animation. It works much the same as the Mechanic Deck and VR2 Deck, with some subtle adjustments. In this repeating 13 card back design system, the way the cogs turn allows the user to read the value each card. The suit indicator has now been enhanced and is simple to read. Your spectators will never suspect you can recognize any card at a glance.
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Mechanic Industries Shiner and Glimmer Decks

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Well as it is 2012 now I am super impressed by this deck... Oh wait, that was 5 years ago and I don't give a shit.

There might be some typos from now on because:
1. It's 2.30 AM
2. English is not my first langauge
3. Vodka
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

Seems like they missed an opportunity by not calling them Glimmer and Shimmer.
rkoch78
Decks Owned: 210

Unread post by rkoch78 »

I received my deck in the mail today. I only got one Shiner (silver) deck to try out before buying more.
Faces are fairly standard other than metallic inks and re-colored courts.
The back design may be dated but I like the mechanical look and the metallic ink really stands out on it.
USPCC...so handling is good as usual.
The marking system would take a little getting used to; if you are wanting to utilize the deck for that.
Overall, I really like it. I think if you like the back design, you will be pleased with the deck.