Tropical Sunrise Playing Cards: Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Tropical Sunrise Playing Cards: Live on KS

Unread post by flashcards »

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Tropical Sunrise Playing Cards: Live on KS

Unread post by vasta41 »

Maybe I'm just a sucker for summer and palm trees but I actually don't think this concept is that bad. It's not very good but with a few tweaks this could be a pretty cool minimalist deck IMO. I love the USPCC printing but the tuck needs to do more. The back design is fine but instead of just a solid blue I wish there were some texture of some sort, like a subtle grid or something. Finally, there should be some type of very minimal change to the pips that accent the theme of the deck. However I do believe this whole post will fall on deaf ears because this project looks like it will never see the light of day. Or sunrise.
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

I have serious doubts it's going to fund as well as much as I like it as a simple deck.

I'm guessing it's implied that all the faces will be standard.
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

vasta41 wrote:Maybe I'm just a sucker for summer and palm trees but I actually don't think this concept is that bad. It's not very good but with a few tweaks this could be a pretty cool minimalist deck IMO. I love the USPCC printing but the tuck needs to do more. The back design is fine but instead of just a solid blue I wish there were some texture of some sort, like a subtle grid or something. Finally, there should be some type of very minimal change to the pips that accent the theme of the deck. However I do believe this whole post will fall on deaf ears because this project looks like it will never see the light of day. Or sunrise.
It may fall deaf to the creator, but not on these ears. I hear you, and I agree with you completely. These changes you've suggested would indeed improve the product and push it just over from 'lazy' minimalist deck to 'well designed' minimalist deck. I went ahead and backed for a couple even though I also believe it won't fund, and I may change my mind based on that high ($6) US shipping cost. But maybe hopefully soon we see a new era of artistically designed minimal decks instead of the lazy "I have no artistic talent, so here are some triangles and circles.... it's minimalist because cardistry... also I've been working on it with a team of 3 for the past 12 years" decks.