Codex Bicycle® Playing Cards Deck now live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Codex Bicycle® Playing Cards Deck now live on KS

Unread post by CBJ »

Posted on their FB

Coming soon...

19642216_1365366406832791_5698353305349369141_n.jpg

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: New deck from Elite Playing Cards

Unread post by vasta41 »

I would say this looks great so far but since it's Elite I'll say this looks like more of the same.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Codex Bicycle® Playing Cards Deck now live

Unread post by badpete69 »

Here it is

Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Codex Bicycle® Playing Cards Deck now live on KS

Unread post by Bruno »

Who doesn't like Aztec Art ? .... and the art here is great ....
But ....
The commentary and layout mimicry runs like they channeled Gio and Lorenzo.
Either or, the e guys can only ever borrow, it seems.
Just :halfstar: for this presentation.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

This might be my favorite Elite deck but at $14 per deck it still won't be the first deck of theirs I purchase.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Nice looking design, but the renders suggest metallic inks on the cards, while no such feature is listed; this is a classic move they've done in the past. At this price point, I'd like to see some bling on my cards.

That said, I've backed a couple of their projects and/or projects by spin-off groups from them, and in every case:
* my orders were fulfilled as promised, but many, many other people complained that theirs were not
* the horror stories posted here regarding customer support have lead me to be reticent
* each of the decks I've gotten from them were... okay. Nowhere near as awesome as the renders suggested

Maybe this time will be different, and they will produce cards that look as sweet as their renders indicate. Maybe they will have fewer missed deliveries and better customer service for those orders that require extra attention. Since they did not actually make any mistakes with my orders, I have no proverbial axe to grind with them. But, when many others indicate they had problems of their own, it does give me pause. And, the fact that the projects I've backed in the past really weren't all that awesome... This is a pass for me.

If others have a great experience, please do share, because I'd prefer to be wrong about my misgivings....
This space intentionally left blank.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

rousselle wrote:Nice looking design, but the renders suggest metallic inks on the cards, while no such feature is listed; this is a classic move they've done in the past. At this price point, I'd like to see some bling on my cards.

That said, I've backed a couple of their projects and/or projects by spin-off groups from them, and in every case:
* my orders were fulfilled as promised, but many, many other people complained that theirs were not
* the horror stories posted here regarding customer support have lead me to be reticent
* each of the decks I've gotten from them were... okay. Nowhere near as awesome as the renders suggested

Maybe this time will be different, and they will produce cards that look as sweet as their renders indicate. Maybe they will have fewer missed deliveries and better customer service for those orders that require extra attention. Since they did not actually make any mistakes with my orders, I have no proverbial axe to grind with them. But, when many others indicate they had problems of their own, it does give me pause. And, the fact that the projects I've backed in the past really weren't all that awesome... This is a pass for me.

If others have a great experience, please do share, because I'd prefer to be wrong about my misgivings....
Agree with you on most of the above.

Personally, I like how they go about describing the deck and its features on the campaign page. Their Kickstarter pitch is really good, though I'm sure some will accuse them of exaggerating certain facts. But, it is the industry as such, happens everywhere.

The issue I see here and as you mentioned is the clean renderings because if you compare the deck with what they are showing on the page, you will see huge difference. It does tend to set wrong expectations with the backers and this might be the reason that some complain when they do not get what was shown on the page or in some cases, not delivered to them.

All said, there are still a no. of learnings that can be taken by new creators on how to go about the pitch and even run the campaign from Elite PC.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Another Elite deck, that's the best I can say!

For anyone on the fence to support this, just have this in mind, don't expect anything lie the renderings on the final product! especially for the box, you'll get a pretty blunt tuck box when compared with the renderings. Also the artwork showed will also be bad on the cards itself, as you won't be able to get that detail as they show on the renderings.
As for costumer support, oh boy, those guys are just as a bunch of spoiled kids, they can't handle a critic, even if it is constructive. If you intent to just tell then how great they are, how great their designs are and so on, then you shouldn't get any problem, the otherway is just a different story, worst costumer support I ever dealt with... With that said, I received all my KS orders, but everything wasn't smooth all the time.

An easy pass for me, as this deck is pretty much a spin-off of their previous deck, which in trun was very much based on the deck before it, since I got that one, I don't need this one!

I don't expect this company to survive for much longer (just check their KS support), they went from 1.000+ supporters to just shy of 400, with their repetitive designs and their poor costumer managing, this one may well be their last deck.
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

I love me some nonsensical lens flare.