David Blaine's Red White Lions Series A

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

David Blaine's Red White Lions Series A

Unread post by shermjack »

So I finally got my hands on my DB Mystery Box and took a close look at the Red White Lions and discovered that it is different than the original Red White Lions from the DB Limited Edition Variety Box. The seal of the Red White Lions released in the DB Mystery Box is a gold seal with BLACK lettering while the original Red White Lions (both Standard and Blue UV) have gold seals with white lettering. Maybe they used the BLACK lettered gold seal to differentiate between the Standard and Blue UV as opposed to the black dot.

I have attached pictures of the tops of all the decks in the following order (from left to right)...all other aspects of the tucks are the same as far as I can tell:

- Red White Lions - Standard (gold seal w/white lettering, no black dot on seal)
- Red White Lions - Blue UV (gold seal w/white lettering and black dot on seal)
- Red White Lions - Blue UV (gold seal w/BLACK lettering, no black dot on seal)
- Red White Lions - Rainbow UV (gold seal w/white lettering, no cellophane and signed by DB)
Red White Lions Top of Tuck.jpeg
Red White Lions Top of Tuck.jpeg (137.64 KiB) Viewed 689 times
I know that others have seen or own the Red White Lions Blue UV w/o the black dot on the seal and am wondering if the lettering on the seal is white or black. If anyone can confirm or deny, it would be really helpful.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: David Blaine's Red White Lions Series A

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I'm actually bothered about that Red Series A White Lions tuck with the black-lettered gold seal. Does it also say 1st Edition Rainbow on the bottom of the tuck? Here's my understanding of the Series A White Lions decks:

Red Series A White Lion tuck, no dot on seal = Red backed cards.
Red Series A White Lion tuck, black dot on seal = Blue backed UV cards.
Red Series A White Lion tuck, signature & no cellophane = "Purple" backed cards.
Blue Series A White Lion tuck = Blue backed non-UV cards.

For Blaine to issue Blue UV cards in a Red Series A White Lion tuck with a black-lettered gold seal instead of a white-lettered gold seal with a dot makes things inconsistent and confusing. I'm pretty disappointed he put out two different Blue UV Series A White Lion decks.

This may actually make the Red Series A White Lions now a lot more rare than the Blue UV Series A White Lion decks. The Red Series A White Lions were only available and sold in the first Variety Box (250 total), as were the Blue UV Series A White Lions. Another 200 Red Series A White Lion decks were included in the 100 AIP Bottle sets. This means there were only 450 total Red Series A White Lion decks ever sold, with 100 of them in AIP bottles. I don't know how many Mystery Boxes have sold so far, but when I checked DB's site tonight, it showed there are still 254 Mystery Boxes remaining. I'm going to guess at least 300, but more likely 500 total Myrstery Boxes are available and will be sold. Since the Blue UV Series A White Lion decks are included in the Mystery Boxes, that means anywhere between 550 to 750 Blue UV Series A White Lion decks will be sold in total.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: David Blaine's Red White Lions Series A

Unread post by shermjack »

Yup, all decks say 1st Edition
Red White Lions Bottom of Tuck.jpeg
Red White Lions Bottom of Tuck.jpeg (115.04 KiB) Viewed 635 times
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations