UUSI Supra Oracle [Tarot Style] (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Gareth
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

UUSI Supra Oracle [Tarot Style] (KS)

Unread post by Gareth »

Another Tarot by UUSI! ... another deck by UUSI is enough for me :D

Printed by EPCC, and Tarot sized only - no 'Poker' decks like the Pagan Tarot and BRuT.

No add-ons listed, but pledge tiers are limited.

Still 15 gilded decks (@ $225 ea) if anyone is quick.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: UUSI Supra Tarot (KS)

Unread post by ecNate »

If anybody wants in on the "Supra" KS Gold Early Bird tier, send me a PM to coordinate. When I saw Uusi was back with another deck I quickly snagged an EB since only a few left, but the more I look at this the more I realized it's not my style. I'll plan on dumping some time today (Central US time).

EDIT - Claimed
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Yair ....
I'm not at all happy with the choice of that Jung as artist ....
Should've stuck with ole Bert Durer, now that bloke can scratch a bit !
And why make tarot decks so big ?
Now Sherman will have to set up a whole new production line ....
Tsk.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Title is wrong, it's not a tarot deck, it's an oracle deck. Also not my style, tarot would have been better.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Yers .... typical freudo-jungian response from vic.
Moving right along .... !

Gareth

Re: UUSI Supra Oracle (KS)

Unread post by Gareth »

jerichoholic wrote:Title is wrong, it's not a tarot deck, it's an oracle deck. Also not my style, tarot would have been better.
Yeah, you're right. Just read up on the difference (although UUSI partially explain it on the project page).

Add-ons are now listed on the project page - Guidebook: $20, Decks: $35. Whilst none of these decks is cheap, given the post-KS prices of their recent other decks, it makes sense to get them now for those interested.
Bruno

Re: UUSI Supra Oracle (Not Tarot/Poker but should've been)

Unread post by Bruno »

Tzzzzz.
Funded in a near nanosecond.
Like, fairly predictable ....
Who'da thunked it ?
Peter and Linnea (who obviously did not think to ask victor, tsk.)

TGunitedcardists

Re: UUSI Supra Oracle [Tarot Style] (KS)

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

I saw the email etc. my first thoughts were...I hope there's a poker deck. But alas...

Appreciate the quality, but easy pass.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Its a well-deserved honor for Uusi to be selected for the Kickstarter Gold Project, I'm happy to see a custom playing card designer to be among those who made the cut. The only tarot deck I own is Uusi's BRuT tarot. However, tarot/oracle decks just aren't my thing, and I'm satisfied to have just the one tarot in my collection. I really wish they would put out a companion poker deck, but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case. I really missed Uusi and I'm happy to see Peter and Linnea have such a great start to their Supra Oracle campaign.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

sinjin7 wrote:Its a well-deserved honor for Uusi to be selected for the Kickstarter Gold Project, I'm happy to see a custom playing card designer to be among those who made the cut. The only tarot deck I own is Uusi's BRuT tarot. However, tarot/oracle decks just aren't my thing, and I'm satisfied to have just the one tarot in my collection. I really wish they would put out a companion poker deck, but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case. I really missed Uusi and I'm happy to see Peter and Linnea have such a great start to their Supra Oracle campaign.
Yeah..really a well-deserved honor. I tried to rope Peter do gilding on a few Bharata decks but he declined the offer saying it is labor intensive and paucity of time at his end. At least, I'm happy that I tried at my end. If it'd have happened, current backers would have been able to compare decks with similar design gilded by Uusi and other gilded by the workshop in China.

With due respect, I don't agree with Peter on 400 year old traditional gilding technique being utilised only by him on cards (playing cards, tarot etc.) The reason is that this workshop does hand gilded decks and have access to a no. of traditional gilding techniques. Labor cost is quite low and this is the reason that I'm able to get it done as well as offer it at a very good pricepoint. Heard that 2 other printers (China) came to know of this workshop after seeing the gilding done on Divine Art deck. It is a high chance that you'll see more gilded decks from China going forward. Do try to support if gilding is your thing. These folks work tirelessly and for hours in batches to get it done.

Here is a snap of one worker doing preparation for gilding. They have got barely any high profile tooling but their work on decks, books, antiques etc. is mind boggling.
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 8.07.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 8.07.45 PM.png (569.89 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
All said, it looks like Supra will break new grounds on Kickstarter. Pretty impressive.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Pre-orders can be placed on Uusi's website. https://uusi.us/collections/uusi-tarot/ ... 1973557064

Looks like shipping is expected in August.
This space intentionally left blank.
Casual Pixels
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Casual Pixels »

Received this yesterday
We are keeping this short as there is a crazy amount of working going on right now at the studio to get ready for shipping out the Supra rewards, but just wanted to let you know all has been printed and is in the packing process at the printer, (decks are being assembled and packed in their tucks, custom seals are being applied), and all will be headed our way the second week of August. They have an ocean to cross and 2288 miles of train tracks to travel to get to our studio, so it is not the speediest route here, but as soon as it arrives we will be immediately sending on your rewards!!!
So it sounds possible that we'll have this late August or early September.

And then maybe we find out if Linnea and Peter have the tarot bug out of their system? I'd certainly be happy to back another, but would also love to see a new standard deck.

I'm sure someone will fill me in if I missed or have blanked on an announcement of what might be on the horizon with UUSI!
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

I have been wanting for Uusi to do a transformation deck for some time now. I think it would be something that just fits in their style.

Funny thing about the name Uusi, some of you might know that it is the Finnish word for "new". The reason I sort of dislike it is that in the Finnish language the s genitive is the word n. So for example Räpylätassu's book = Räpylätassun kirja. Anyways, when I show my decks to my friends, family, relatives etc I could say for example Uusin Pagan pakka something something (Uusi's Pagan deck). The problem with that is that the word "uusin" also means "newest", so everyone I talk to about them understands it as "Newest Pagan" and I everytime have to explain that the companys name is Uusi and there are connection to Finland, they are just called that and gets tiresome to explain that after like 10 times.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Casual Pixels
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Casual Pixels »

Räpylätassu wrote:I have been wanting for Uusi to do a transformation deck for some time now. I think it would be something that just fits in their style.
I like this idea a lot.

I think you're absolutely correct; their style would lend itself perfectly to a transformation deck.