Fox Targets

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Fox Targets

Unread post by LanceTMiller »

All the love and care in my soul went into making these decks. It was such an awesome project and I'm proud to share them with you.

"True beauty is natural and elusive, much like the fox. Inspired by our love of nature, Fox Targets Playing Cards embraces an authentic, raw beauty that reflects the allure of the rugged outdoors.

Pixel by pixel, hand-crafted artwork art-directed by Jason Brumbalow and illustrated by Lance T. Miller. Masterfully printed by the Expert Playing Card Company on a premium stock and crafted with a smooth, slipstream finish.

All that glitters is not gold. True beauty is just knowing where to look.

Murphy's Magic Playing Card Co, is proud to present: the Fox Targets."

Order direct from Lance T. Miller here: http://lancemillerdecks.com
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Re: Fox Targets

Unread post by shaitani »

Are these already printed? Minor complaint, I was going to suggest how the 10 can easily be made symmetric by just rotating one of the two center pips by 180 degrees. As is, it's a one way design on an even numbered card which is kind of silly.

Anyway, interesting yet simple design, I like most of it, the right price and I might pick up a couple.
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

$9.95 a deck. You can get them at Penguin Magic or MJM Magic.

A ho-hum deck. After seeing the tuck box, you would be disappointed in the deck back if you did not already know what it was. It would be great to see close-ups of the entire deck but they only offer limited cards. The index pip is too small which is odd since the letters/numbers are a good size.

The video was dreadful - I half expected to hear Buschhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh at some point.
jerichoholic
Player: Yes
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Or you can buy directly from Lance
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

DelMagic wrote:$9.95 a deck. You can get them at Penguin Magic or MJM Magic.

A ho-hum deck. After seeing the tuck box, you would be disappointed in the deck back if you did not already know what it was. It would be great to see close-ups of the entire deck but they only offer limited cards. The index pip is too small which is odd since the letters/numbers are a good size.

The video was dreadful - I half expected to hear Buschhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh at some point.
Thanks Del, I definitely understand and appreciate your sentiment. Initially when we set out on this deck, we looked at the industry and it had become either stark minimalism or intense abundance of design elements and over the top tuck boxes. At first, I too was put off by the deck seeming too simple. My personal art style lives in the overly ornate category usually and many here know me for that. Still It was a challenge especially for me because I hand drew every single card and had to keep within the same single line weight appeal. That was more difficult than I realized, and we almost scrapped the project entirely.

The trailer was also shot with a sort of mentality that breaks the stigma of every other trailer being dropped onto the market as most of them rely on sound effects and how cool the product will make you. This is not one of those. It's a clean deck that's meant to be used by the person who has been craving a custom deck that has a lot of material substance without being over the top. There are so many hidden elements and things built into the cards, that allow magicians to craft stories and patter of their liking.

I appreciate your feedback and do take every bit of the public opinion into consideration as I approach future projects.

Warmest Regards,
Lance T. Miller
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

shaitani wrote:Are these already printed? Minor complaint, I was going to suggest how the 10 can easily be made symmetric by just rotating one of the two center pips by 180 degrees. As is, it's a one way design on an even numbered card which is kind of silly.

Anyway, interesting yet simple design, I like most of it, the right price and I might pick up a couple.
Hello Shaitani,

They have indeed already been printed. They are 9.95 and will be released on June 12th. It is a one way design on several (but not all cards) this is not an oversight and is meant to be a tool magicians can use. In testing, laymen didn't catch the subtle shift, only magicians and those in the know tend to spot it or tend realize it is a method of divining a card. ;)

Warmest Regards,
Lance T. Miller
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I did a live interview with Murphy's Magic about the Fox Targets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91ckF3YXiI
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Lance! I am so happy seeing you around.. I missed you a little bit ;)

I like the style of this deck. I think it is completely different with what I knew about your artwork but really cool anyway.

Congratulations!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Truly nice deck, Lance. I ordered some for myself from your website. I sure wish all artists came to UC and gave us the option of supporting them directly as opposed to tangentially through other sources.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

max wrote:Lance! I am so happy seeing you around.. I missed you a little bit ;)

I like the style of this deck. I think it is completely different with what I knew about your artwork but really cool anyway.

Congratulations!
MAX! So good to see you too buddy! I've been around, with about being visible if that makes sense. I've consulted on a lot of projects under strict non-disclosure agreements since I last appeared on these boards. Though most of my last year and a half has been spent working with a publisher for a new board game project. If everyone's interested I'll share the details on that when I am able.

In the meantime, yes I totally agree these were way different than my typical style and you'll be seeing some more of my more signature style being released here in a little while. For now the focus is on selling through the Fox Targets and stabilizing my company. I've been working extensively with business mentors and business development programs. I'm even sitting down and writing a book. Can you imagine?!

Anyway. Always great to see you brother. Don't be a stranger.
8-)

Lance T. Miller
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Mike Ratledge wrote:Truly nice deck, Lance. I ordered some for myself from your website. I sure wish all artists came to UC and gave us the option of supporting them directly as opposed to tangentially through other sources.
Thanks Mike! I always appreciate the support. I wish all the artists came to UC as well both for the support and just to build the community further. I believe in a strong community centered around the cards we all love. Will you be at the 52 Plus Joker convention this year?
I know I will be. ;)

Lance T. Miller
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

LanceTMiller wrote:Thanks Mike! I always appreciate the support. I wish all the artists came to UC as well both for the support and just to build the community further. I believe in a strong community centered around the cards we all love. Will you be at the 52 Plus Joker convention this year?
I know I will be. ;)
I hope to see you again (both of you) there. I have plans, a hotel room and a rental car, but I can't say 100% "yes" just yet.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

LanceTMiller wrote:I wish all the artists came to UC as well both for the support and just to build the community further. I believe in a strong community centered around the cards we all love.
I have to echo the others in the appreciation for you being back, Lance. And I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment above!

The Fox Targets look awesome. My current budget won't allow me to buy them at this time, but I hope I can pick them up at some point. Maybe after you release a few more so I can save on shipping :D
LanceTMiller wrote:Though most of my last year and a half has been spent working with a publisher for a new board game project. If everyone's interested I'll share the details on that when I am able.
Feel free to use your Company Thread for all it's worth, that is the place for all of your company/brand's endeavours.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
LanceTMiller wrote:Thanks Mike! I always appreciate the support. I wish all the artists came to UC as well both for the support and just to build the community further. I believe in a strong community centered around the cards we all love. Will you be at the 52 Plus Joker convention this year?
I know I will be. ;)
I hope to see you again (both of you) there. I have plans, a hotel room and a rental car, but I can't say 100% "yes" just yet.
Would kill to be there... Too much distance though. I hope 52+j bosses decide to make the convention in Spain... Good food and weather is guaranteed :D
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Got a review up on my channel, beat the other reviewers for a change since I got mine delivered on Monday. Pretty nice deck overall.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

jerichoholic wrote:Got a review up on my channel, beat the other reviewers for a change since I got mine delivered on Monday. Pretty nice deck overall.
Thanks for the review and the vote of confidence for the deck I appreciate it. 8-)
EndersGame

Unread post by EndersGame »

As an owner of the Fox Targets deck, I am super impressed with the quality and looks! I also love the idea of a natural beauty that doesn't require gold foil or bling. The artwork throughout is also beautiful and fits the overall theme well. I plan to post a review of it in the next month or so.

One thing I'm wondering about is what I read about this deck in an interview with Lance, where it says that there is a puzzle built into the deck, one which is particularly challenging. To quote from what Lance says in the interview: "I won’t be upset if people don’t figure it out right away or ever for that matter. I wanted to create something that would last throughout time; that people might pick up 25 years from now and still be trying to solve. There are clues buried throughout all of the artwork and the entire deck itself is the puzzle. I almost hope no one ever solves it and that it brings many years of adventure to those endeavor to work on it."

I have no idea where to start with this. Lance, are you able to give some small clue about where to start looking, or what we're supposed to do, to at least get us started in trying to figure things out? Even if the puzzle proves nearly impossible, it would be nice to at least know something about what it is, or what the aim is, so we can begin this near-impossible quest! :)

Has anyone noticed anything unusual in this deck, or seen anything that points to the existence of a puzzle?
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

EndersGame wrote:
I have no idea where to start with this. Lance, are you able to give some small clue about where to start looking, or what we're supposed to do, to at least get us started in trying to figure things out? Even if the puzzle proves nearly impossible, it would be nice to at least know something about what it is, or what the aim is, so we can begin this near-impossible quest! :)

Has anyone noticed anything unusual in this deck, or seen anything that points to the existence of a puzzle?
Every symbol has a meaning, nothing was left to chance or "because it looked cool". There is a very specific and identifiable trailhead but you can miss it if you are looking too close. ;)

Good luck.
EndersGame

Re: Fox Targets (wap)

Unread post by EndersGame »

Lance, I don't think you can ever expect anyone on the planet to figure this out if it is so obscure, and if you don't even give a hint about the trailhead.

Surely you'd like *some* people to figure this out, or would you rather die secure in the knowledge that nobody unravelled the secrets in this deck? :)
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

It's too early to be a pest on these. I've spent a bit of time and will spend some more so please no public clues yet.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J