Wild West Playing Card Project

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Wild West Playing Card Project

Unread post by Jamm Pakd Cards »

I had a sample deck made for the Wild West Decks. I created a black backed card for a "cut card". I made it black and it looks really good. I am thinking of making the Outlaw Deck Black instead of my Gold version. I will probably make some tweaks on the Black Card but this is a rough draft but it convey the card as majority black. What do you guys think? Let me know. Thanks
Attachments
sample-pic-fb.jpg
sample-pic-fb.jpg (417.3 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Wild West Decks - Now Live

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website: http://www.jammpakdcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kickstarter: Wild West Decks Now Live
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

I'm all for the black. I like the gold accents on the back. Maybe you could find a way to add a couple more to balance things out without turning it into the gold back. Use the gold as the cut card.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I think I'd like the black one more if there were just a few more gold accents. Like maybe if the guns were gold? I know this might be a pipe dream but if there were a few more gold touches on the back then this deck would be a perfect candidate for metallic ink or even better- metalluxe!! Just dreaming...
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Is it my 48 year old eyes or are the outlaw and guns crisp defined lines and the corner element a very subtle blur to push them into the background?

I'll highlight the "thumbs up" appearance from the guns hammers too so you can see it if you haven't already.
Move on, nothing to see here.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

RichK wrote:Is it my 48 year old eyes or are the outlaw and guns crisp defined lines and the corner element a very subtle blur to push them into the background?

I'll highlight the "thumbs up" appearance from the guns hammers too so you can see it if you haven't already.
I noticed that too (my eyes are a little older than yours) and it actually give it a 3D look where the outlaw and guns kinda pop out...a cool effect :ugthink:

I agree with everyone that the black back is the better of the two, but some gold accents might make it even better.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Looks like two thumbs up to me.
Attachments
outlaw sample-thumb.jpg
outlaw sample-thumb.jpg (146.57 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
Move on, nothing to see here.
shaitani
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

I'm with everyone that the best possible version is if the black one is given better gold.
In my own head I'm imagining a gold border, and silver foil amongst the gray and white within the borders.

I don't think gold guns is the way to go, because it would concentrate too much focus into a weird rectangular shape in the middle of the design.

Quick photoshop-mockup of what it looks like with a gold border for the sake of conversation:
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thanks for all of your input, these are great ideas and suggestions! I will keep everyone posted on what color I will go with. tough choices so thank you for your insight. Great to hear from potential backers, I want everyone to really enjoy this deck project.
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website: http://www.jammpakdcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

shaitani wrote:I'm with everyone that the best possible version is if the black one is given better gold.
In my own head I'm imagining a gold border, and silver foil amongst the gray and white within the borders.

I don't think gold guns is the way to go, because it would concentrate too much focus into a weird rectangular shape in the middle of the design.

Quick photoshop-mockup of what it looks like with a gold border for the sake of conversation:
I like this idea, thanks for the mock up. I will explore this some more.
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

RichK wrote:Is it my 48 year old eyes or are the outlaw and guns crisp defined lines and the corner element a very subtle blur to push them into the background?

its actually my phone pic or my shaky hands that is causing the blurry effect. everything is crisp on the actual card. :)
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

flashcards wrote:I'm all for the black. I like the gold accents on the back. Maybe you could find a way to add a couple more to balance things out without turning it into the gold back. Use the gold as the cut card.
good suggestions!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thanks for everyone's feedback. We did a many different options with gold guns, gold highlights and they all looked good but this one is the one we decided to go with.

It was a tough decision but looks like the Black Back is the winner! Here is the version we are going with. Thanks again. Look out for the link I will post for the Kickstarter page so everyone can order their decks. This Saturday June 17th we go live at 11:00 AM Arizona time 2:00 PM Eastern. I will have some limited early birds (price discounts) on a few deck combos.

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate it!
Attachments
outlaw_back_tests.jpg
outlaw_back_tests.jpg (291.28 KiB) Viewed 1855 times
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

shaitani

I think it's looking good honestly. Can't wait to see it printed.
NineLives
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by NineLives »

Looking good - I definitely prefer the black back (last update) - nice and clean :)
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

The Wild West Playing Card Project is now live. Cards depict the Lawmen and Outlaws of the Wild West such as Jesse James, Billy the Kid, Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and more. Click on the link below to go to the projects kickstarter page and order now. Ordering will only be available for 30 days. Click Here : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/86 ... and-outlaw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
backs-launch.jpg
backs-launch.jpg (449.53 KiB) Viewed 1788 times
boxes-launch.jpg
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Backed! Good luck- I hope this funds.
PrincessTrouble
Player: Yes

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Kickup added to original post.

Backed. Good luck!
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

vasta41 wrote:Backed! Good luck- I hope this funds.
Thanks for backing! Yep I think we can make it, please keep help spreading the word! Thanks again for the support!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

PrincessTrouble wrote:Kickup added to original post.

Backed. Good luck!
Thanks for backing the project and adding to the original post. I think we can make the goal, please keep help spreading the word. Thanks again for backing the project!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Hello, Mr. Pessimist here. Just noting that at this rate these cards won't fund and that really stinks. I was really looking forward to that cigar box. :( Maybe a tuck re-work and a re-launch?
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hey Everyone, I have been working on getting the project ready for Relaunch. I am going with United States Playing Card Company and I have changed the shape of the suits. Some of the feedback is people did not like the shape of the spades. We have changed the shape of the suits. Here is a preview. Thanks, Justin
Attachments
Western_kickstarter_video_images_boxes-low-res.jpg
Western_kickstarter_video_both_ace_update-low-res.jpg
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

JuFiN
Player: Yes
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

Adding Bicycle branding will bring a lot of pledgers!
shaitani

I don't think I've ever seen a relaunch get this much of a transformation, and if this doesn't fund I'd be very surprised.
One comment in case it goes unnoticed. Those indices are really close to the side but really far from the top. I hope that gets adjusted to be a little more appropriate.

Anyway, I was there for the first project, and I'll be there for this one.
Any idea when this will launch?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I just went from six to midnight :) Just say where and when, baby! Cigar cases again, right?
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

shaitani wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a relaunch get this much of a transformation, and if this doesn't fund I'd be very surprised.
One comment in case it goes unnoticed. Those indices are really close to the side but really far from the top. I hope that gets adjusted to be a little more appropriate.

Anyway, I was there for the first project, and I'll be there for this one.
Any idea when this will launch?

Thanks for the kind words and support. Thanks for the heads up on the indices, I am looking to do a prototype for the deck and I will make sure the indices are in a good location before final approval. I am looking to launch soon, maybe Late August or Early September. Working on getting all the suits switched out, need to redo all the aces since the outlaws had guns with them and lawmen had badges. So some more redesign will be needed.
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

vasta41 wrote:I just went from six to midnight :) Just say where and when, baby! Cigar cases again, right?

Thank you very much! Yes Cigar Cases again for sure! I really want to get these out. The construction is great. I have a prototype and I just love it. Due to the awesome response of the limited edition and people contacting me for more of the limited edition cases I am going to increase the limit. What does everyone think about increasing from 25 units to 50 units or maybe 60? I was thinking 60 because of the six shooters cowboys used to use?
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

shaitani

Jamm Pakd Cards wrote:
vasta41 wrote:I just went from six to midnight :) Just say where and when, baby! Cigar cases again, right?

Thank you very much! Yes Cigar Cases again for sure! I really want to get these out. The construction is great. I have a prototype and I just love it. Due to the awesome response of the limited edition and people contacting me for more of the limited edition cases I am going to increase the limit. What does everyone think about increasing from 25 units to 50 units or maybe 60? I was thinking 60 because of the six shooters cowboys used to use?
I personally would not do 60, that seems a tad much for a limited edition. I'd aim for 30, but 50 max. Just my opinion.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

This is relaunching Sat. Nov. 4th at 12 noon, Arizona time (2:00pm Eastern if my math serves me...).

Count me in!
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

vasta41 wrote:This is relaunching Sat. Nov. 4th at 12 noon, Arizona time (2:00pm Eastern if my math serves me...).

Count me in!
Thanks for all of the support! I am really excited about the re launch and the new design!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

vasta41 wrote:This is relaunching Sat. Nov. 4th at 12 noon, Arizona time (2:00pm Eastern if my math serves me...).

Count me in!
I think it will be 3:00pm Eastern. I think time changes on Sunday. I would still double check to make sure I am correct :)
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards