Elephant Playing Cards - coming soon

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes

Elephant Playing Cards - coming soon

Unread post by Fud »

Hi Everyone,

After a few years, 10 designs and 20,000 ish decks, it's time to make a flagship company deck. Once Pipmen is all wrapped up we will be launching our newest creation: Elephant Playing Cards! I'm very excited about this - it is quite a deviation from our previous 'fun' design concepts into something a bit more mainstream and classic.

More details will come, but for now I would like your opinion on some color schemes. We have completed the design of the courts (fully custom), and have roughly inked in 4 schemes - if you were to pick 2, what would they be?
colors3.jpg
Ben
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Elephant Playing Cards - coming soon

Unread post by ecNate »

I'm confused that you say you have 4 schemes, but then show 4 different cards. Not sure what I'm comparing as different between schemes or just difference between the different characters on the different cards.

I would rethink the font and add color (red/black) to indicies and pips for play-ability, unless they were just tossed in as a placeholder.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Likewise, not quite sure what constitutes "scheme" here. Comparing four Jacks of Spades in the different schemes would make it much clearer.

I also agree that for playability, pips and indices need to be solid and easy-to-read (ergo, no handwritten or italic embellishments.)

As for the courts themselves, I like what I'm seeing so far. :)
This space intentionally left blank.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

I like the coloring on the Jack of Diamonds. And also would prefer more standardish pips.
EgorKlychnyk
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by EgorKlychnyk »

Hi guys.
I want to say that pips on this image is just sketch :) Don't take them seriously for now.
Looking for work
My shop
Contact me:
Facebook
Instagram
Behance
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The corner indices are well and truly just placeholders during design stage - the final will be standard and fully readable.

Maybe it would be better to have a couple of the same card to compare, but I was just after initial reactions to the general color scheme. i.e.: the hearts has more of a bright yellow flavor, diamonds is blue, clubs is green/teal, spades is a more muted scheme.
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

The bold lines and coloring of 1 and 4 catch my eye the most. The background on 1 really makes the figure "pop". Even though the figures are all the same size, #1 somehow looks bigger and feels like there is much less wasted space on the card.