ESSENTIAL FABRICA Playing Card live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

ESSENTIAL FABRICA Playing Card live on KS

Unread post by badpete69 »

Adonael

Re: ESSENTIAL FABRICA Playing Card live on KS

Unread post by Adonael »

Don't like the back that much and definitely don't like the pips, but damn do I love those courts! I'll have to have a good long think about whether it's worth backing just for those courts.

Edit: Never mind just saw the price for one deck plus shipping down under, $36.
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

I love everything about this deck. Except the price unfortunately. Still making up my mind at this point but will probably pass which is unfortunate as im looking for more Cartamundi decks to add to my collection.
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

'Tis a bit traumatic that way ....
But with some delicate surgery .... it may survive th'crisis ! :D
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

The artwork is good, which says a lot, but the pips and indexes are just terrible.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

To be honest, this deck looks extremely very well designed, I really like it!
Unfortunatelly I believe these guys are only here to rip someone's money..

After they sold out their exclusive edition (only 10!!) the first thing they do is launch another limited edition (only 50!!), which looked exactly like the eclusive edition, but after a few hours they correct the graphics and clarified that it was not the same (it is a black version of the standard deck)! So now they released yet another limited edition (only 20!!) which will also have a different artwork. So they will produce 4 different decks!! With such a low goal I think you can clearly see what these guys are up to!!

And just the piece of resistence: "We will use the service of CARTAMUNDI for the prints, it is not to be excluded that after the end of the project we will evaluate who in the market is able to print quality black papers. Yes, we are already informing"
Don't think so!! (I guess they have no clue how minimuns work with those big companies!)

So anyone who cames here to read about this deck, be very aware of this campaign, most likely it is a scam
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

sms69x wrote:To be honest, this deck looks extremely very well designed, I really like it!

After they sold out their exclusive edition (only 10!!) the first thing they do is launch another limited edition (only 50!!), which looked exactly like the eclusive edition, but after a few hours they correct the graphics and clarified that it was not the same (it is a black version of the standard deck)! So now they released yet another limited edition (only 20!!) which will also have a different artwork. So they will produce 4 different decks!! With such a low goal I think you can clearly see what these guys are up to!!

And just the piece of resistence: "We will use the service of CARTAMUNDI for the prints, it is not to be excluded that after the end of the project we will evaluate who in the market is able to print quality black papers. Yes, we are already informing"
Don't think so!! (I guess they have no clue how minimuns work with those big companies!)

So anyone who cames here to read about this deck, be very aware of this campaign, most likely it is a scam
Not to mention the poor English language used. If it's not a scam, they're probably just very green and have no clue about the production side of running a campaign.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

sms69x wrote:To be honest, this deck looks extremely very well designed, I really like it!

It could be. The illustrations on the page doesn't look hand-drawn to me but copied as-is.

Any medical student or a practitioner can tell that these images on the cards look eerily similar to the one found in medical books & journals (as well as related digital media).

Take a look at this first (from kickstarter page):

and now, compare it with this (taken from a free clipart website)......

I do hope we both are wrong or else people's trust in Kickstarter is going to erode further if the creator is not able to fulfill in the end.
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Someone should go post a comment on their project warning the current backers
flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

Looks like someone was listening:

sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

flashcards wrote:Looks like someone was listening:
Hummm.. Not sure if they did!

So now they have the Aces and also the 1s cards, not sure why, but seems they are reinventing something there, we will have A, 1, 2, 3, ..., J, Q, K...
Also no mention on who will ship the decks, so I'm guessing they will, and if that's the case then the goal is clearly low, specially when the other deck is unlocked at 7000€, which is right after they fund the first one...

The first campaign seemed, to me, a scam, but after they launch this one, it is clearly a case of someone that has no clue on what he's doing - despite the fact that they want the deck made.
I sure hope that this deck funds and reachs the market, as I think it looks very good, but I'LL NOT THROW MY MONEY AT IT, as it is too uncertain what's the outcome will be..
Backers proceed with caution!
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Much much improved now on this second attempt. I still can't stomach the price however and I also feel like being cautious with this, I have too many deck projects in my list already that weren't fulfilled by a first time creator and don't exactly feel like giving away more free money.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE

Unread post by hsbc »

Finally(!) got my deck in today. People on Kickstarter were complaining about the packaging and I can see why, the deck was alone in just a thin plastic envelope posted from Europe. My tuck has a few dings as a result but it's nothing horrible... still a big contrast to the standard bubble wrap + cardboard box packaging! The cards themselves are fine enough, printed by Legends
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

hsbc wrote: The cards themselves are fine enough, printed by Legends
Legends??! Weren't those supposed to be printed by USPCC?
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Project page says Cartamundi was supposed to be the manufacturer.
This space intentionally left blank.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE

Unread post by hsbc »

Yeah, they also apparently offered a second deck that they ended up not producing at all...? They just sent more of the first (and only) deck instead. Won't be backing them again
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

hsbc wrote:Yeah, they also apparently offered a second deck that they ended up not producing at all...? They just sent more of the first (and only) deck instead. Won't be backing them again
woooowww, that, along with quite a few other suspicious red flags and the printer change is beyond shady... :? Definitely a creator I'll be avoiding... thanks for the heads up on your experience

also just FYI, the same creator, Giacomo Rivano, is also behind the following accounts:

- 'glitchcaD' (this project & the cancelled THIRTY Cartoon project)

- 'Formes Essentielles' (Linee Curve project) - btw, on this project he has not updated backers in over 2 months or responded to comments... :?

- 'Tenchu's Factory' (Black Trauma project)

It seems like he's been creating new accounts with nearly every new project so stay vigilant :geek: