Nouveau/UC2016 decks: backer fulfillment shipped! (received)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Becky C
Collector: Yes

Re: Nouveau/UC2016 decks: backer fulfillment shipped! (recei

Unread post by Becky C »

Quick question...I thought members with 4 decks or more were going to receive a carot case. Are they being shipped seperately? Or am I remembering wrong? Thanks. Loving what I am seeing so far and am looking forward to opening them and checking out the artwork
badpete69
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: *ADDITIONAL* UC Member bonus for backing the campaign

Unread post by badpete69 »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
* * * UC Member bonus for backing the project at the 4 deck or higher level (minimum $39 Early Bird) tiers * * *
Every UC member that backs the project at the 4 deck or higher amount (the Early Bird tier is only $39) - before shipping is added for overseas delivery - I will add a single Carat Card Case acrylic deck display - one per person.

In addition, Carat Card Cases will be used with the $65 Prototype deck tier, and also likely be used to house the "Riverva Privada" (or whatever eventually used name) ultra limited edition deck series of 40 to 60 personalized, signed and serial numbered decks. Everyone needs to keep their eyes on the updates, because in about a week details on when/where/how much, etc will be published with respect to the Riserva Privada decks.

Several people have asked about adding the cases to the campaign, but we can't combine the cases with the campaign. It just doesn't make sense because of the fact that we won't get the funds from the campaign until around the 5th of November., and I'm sure those of you that want one want it before next February as well. Technically KS won't allow it anyway, because Karin didn't design them. Besides, between KS and Stripe they cut 10% off the top of every transaction, so I would have to increase the prices above what you get here (and for non-members I add another dollar per case).

This is in addition to the previously announced small print of the "3rd Joker" (not yet shown) for all member orders, regardless of amount pledged (except the $1 tier). Again, we understand that people have multiple accounts, but it's limited to one per person. Please be fair about that and let us know if you have an account that isn't obviously yours because of the name or different address. That 3rd Joker print will also be available as an "Art Print" for the $30 price as an add-on, but it isn't available otherwise at all. Karin has not already said anything about it, but it is possible that she might offer something other than the aces/faces/jokers as art prints.

You MUST provide your UC member name in the post-campaign survey in order to get these perks.
You are right Becky Right from the old horse's mouth
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Becky C wrote:Quick question...I thought members with 4 decks or more were going to receive a carot case. Are they being shipped seperately? Or am I remembering wrong? Thanks. Loving what I am seeing so far and am looking forward to opening them and checking out the artwork
Yeah, I am afraid that in my recent delirium with the wife being sick and recently in the hospital that I completely fumbled this and don't have any way to fix it, frankly. I intended to get some to Gambler's Warehouse fulfillment center to add to the shipments, but obviously I have had other things on my mind.

I guess when Karin let me know about the coloring book I completely forgot about this. I just have been distracted here lately. If I am shipping you something, let me know if you should have gotten one. I am afraid that beyond that, there's not much I can do since GW has already shipped complete.

We would have had to capture this during the survey to get it to work, and I simply forgot. If I owe you one, let me know. (straight from the other end of the horse)
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Got both of my decks. The Noveau deck didn't have embossing. It's very playable with the pips used. Bourgogne tuck is very nice, great color mixture. I'm glad these decks came through. Now it's time for UC deck 2017.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

Bikefanatic wrote:The Noveau deck didn't have embossing.
I'm confused, I thought the $18,000 stretch goal was to emboss the tuck box on the Nouveau deck as the campaign stated?

I haven't gotten my decks yet to examine, but "if" the tuck doesn't have embossing (as Bikefanatic mentioned) then I'm asking the creator Karin and/or Mike for an explanation as to why this wasn't put-forth when creating the decks at EPCC...?

I mean, the backers did raise and put out the money for this to happen....

Thanks,

As per the Nouveau campaign - Stretch Goal list:

$10,000 NOUVEAU Deck -- REACHED!
$15,000 NOUVEAU BOURGOGNE Deck -- REACHED!
$18,000 NOUVEAU Deck Embossing -- REACHED!
$20,000 NOUVEAU BOURGOGNE Deck Foiling -- REACHED!
Bikefanatic

double_left wrote:
I'm confused, I thought the $18,000 stretch goal was to emboss the tuck box on the Nouveau deck as the campaign stated?

I haven't gotten my decks yet to examine, but "if" the tuck doesn't have embossing (as Bikefanatic mentioned) then I'm asking the creator Karin and/or Mike for an explanation as to why this wasn't put-forth when creating the decks at EPCC...?

Thanks,

The tuck is slightly embossed. You'll have to lightly swipe your finger over it to feel it. Most decks you can see the outside embossing from the inside of the tuck but this one I don't see it.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Bikefanatic wrote:
double_left wrote:

Thanks,

The tuck is slightly embossed. You'll have to lightly swipe your finger over it to feel it. Most decks you can see the outside embossing from the inside of the tuck but this one I don't see it.
The Nouveau tuck is embossed, I'm attaching both so you see the difference
20160502_113424.png
20160502_113424.png (730.36 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
20160502_113639.png
20160502_113639.png (761.09 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
These are the proofs sent by EPCC back in february. The one on top is the Nouveau tuck and the other is the Bourgogne tuck. However, I must agree with Bikefanatic regarding the final production. I only have one and I noticed that in some parts it's noticeable like in the proofs but in others you can barely see or feel the embossing. Obviously this doesn't mean we didn't order these decks without embossing, they are embossed, but the final result doesn't look like the proofs they sent me. Just like I was honest about the Bourgogne proofs being bad since the foiling was misplaced (and they fixed it), the Nouveau one was perfect and there was nothing to change so I approved it the way they sent it.

I addressed them regarding this issue; we can't change it now but I don't feel like having this kind of issues with our following decks. I attached them these pics so they see the difference
FACE.png
BACK.png
I don't even know if it's the same way on all Nouveau decks or just on some. Kind of disappointed with this, but I believe everything else is the way it should be. Let me know guys :)
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

BfPC wrote:I don't even know if it's the same way on all Nouveau decks or just on some. Kind of disappointed with this, but I believe everything else is the way it should be. Let me know guys :)
My deck was barely embossed, too. And I'm also a little disappointed about it. But I'm overall pleased- the Bourgogne deck looks AMAZING and came out great IMO!
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

Karin,

Thank you for the explanation and dissatisfaction you have with them as well. It goes a long way with your supporters.

I can clearly see the difference from the final product to the approved proofs. Like you mention, there's not much you can do now since the product is complete and within the hands of most backers.

This may be a lesson learned moving forward to either not use EPCC in the future, or if you do decide to use EPCC for another deck, is to bring this issue up with them and not expect anything less from them. Obviously this is a in-house issue that was over looked or deliberately done on purpose to cut costs.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by sinjin7 »

With the decks I received, I really can't tell there is any embossing with the cellophane still on. Once I removed the cellophane, I can tell there is embossing only when I look at it tilted at a certain angle. The tuck is definitely embossed, but it's hard to tell. Its like that argument about the tree falling in a forest with no one around - if its that hard to tell if a tuck is embossed, then is it really embossed? This is why I wished both tucks were foiled instead, because of how nice the Bourgogne deck turned out.

Here, once again, is another example of the deteriorating quality control of their tuck boxes by EPCC/LPCC. Instead of focusing and emphasizing silly things like how smoothly cut the edges of their cards are (seriously, no one cares - it wasn't a problem that needed "fixing" in the playing card industry), they should focus more on getting done correctly the most costly aspect that designers pay the most money for - the bells and whistles on the tuck boxes.

As another side note, my Nouveau decks developed click bends within a couple hours of opening the tuck. Fresh out the box, they were fine, but a couple of hours later, I discovered the warping of the card stock, and I didn't even handle them much at all. I like how stiff the EPCC/LPCC stock is, but it seems like recent decks from the Taiwanese factory are all developing click bends, and it really gets in the way when you try to faro the cards.
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

double_left wrote:Karin,

Thank you for the explanation and dissatisfaction you have with them as well. It goes a long way with your supporters.

I can clearly see the difference from the final product to the approved proofs. Like you mention, there's not much you can do now since the product is complete and within the hands of most backers.

This may be a lesson learned moving forward to either not use EPCC in the future, or if you do decide to use EPCC for another deck, is to bring this issue up with them and not expect anything less from them. Obviously this is a in-house issue that was over looked or deliberately done on purpose to cut costs.
sinjin7 wrote:With the decks I received, I really can't tell there is any embossing with the cellophane still on. Once I removed the cellophane, I can tell there is embossing only when I look at it tilted at a certain angle. The tuck is definitely embossed, but it's hard to tell. Its like that argument about the tree falling in a forest with no one around - if its that hard to tell if a tuck is embossed, then is it really embossed? This is why I wished both tucks were foiled instead, because of how nice the Bourgogne deck turned out.

Here, once again, is another example of the deteriorating quality control of their tuck boxes by EPCC/LPCC. Instead of focusing and emphasizing silly things like how smoothly cut the edges of their cards are (seriously, no one cares - it wasn't a problem that needed "fixing" in the playing card industry), they should focus more on getting done correctly the most costly aspect that designers pay the most money for - the bells and whistles on the tuck boxes.

As another side note, my Nouveau decks developed click bends within a couple hours of opening the tuck. Fresh out the box, they were fine, but a couple of hours later, I discovered the warping of the card stock, and I didn't even handle them much at all. I like how stiff the EPCC/LPCC stock is, but it seems like recent decks from the Taiwanese factory are all developing click bends, and it really gets in the way when you try to faro the cards.
I will definitely take all this into account for the next deck and study other options. I have mixed feelings after working with them, both with the production process and the results, so I'll certainly look into other options
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Bikefanatic

The condition of the Nouveau tuck doesn't take away the fact that it's still a great deck now that it's a reality after 3 tries. Don't beat yourself up over it too much, it's just something to focus on in the future.

-Lotrek

BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Bikefanatic wrote:The condition of the Nouveau tuck doesn't take away the fact that it's still a great deck now that it's a reality after 3 tries. Don't beat yourself up over it too much, it's just something to focus on in the future.
Thank you! :) I'll be careful about all these details for the next deck, but thank you for your nice words :)

On another note, looks like there are issues with the tracking information. This is nuts...If any of you here are waiting for the tracking number, just let you know that I mailed Gambler's on Friday and have no news yet, so idk what's up. We requested tracking so all pledges, except for the single-deck one, should have tracking information. I'll update you as soon as I have news
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Ok guys I finally got the tracking info for all shippings, PM me if you need yours :)
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

I got my shipment from Gambler's Warehouse fulfillment center in Texas late Friday.

Here's a working shot of the decks I am packing for UCdecksales.com Pre-orders. The domestic ones will go out in the order received, and overseas likely mailed Wednesday. That sounds backwards, but if I mail domestic Priority Mail Wednesday, some US buyers won't get them by Friday. The net effect on overseas orders is one day, and Priority Mail International takes 6-10 business (week) days, assuming that customs inspection isn't involved. I pack small flat rate boxes inside padded envelopes, because they almost never pick those flat rate envelopes.

If you used PayPal, you might get two emails with tracking, Stripe (Shopify) payments should get one.
20160515_103604.jpg
They get packed in the order received, with International packed in a second pass.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

I spent most of the afternoon and evening packing shipments of the UCdecksales.com pre-orders, and got the last couple done about an hour ago. All 35 packages hit the post in about 30 minutes,, since I am taking Donna into town for a Mellow Mushroom lunch.

Delivery should be Wednesday or Thursday depending on distance, except for the free overseas, and those typically take two weeks even Priority Mail International (all are shipped Priority).
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

I spent most of the afternoon and evening packing shipments of the UCdecksales.com pre-orders, and got the last couple done about an hour ago. All 35 packages hit the post in about 30 minutes,, since I am taking Donna into town for a Mellow Mushroom lunch.

Delivery should be Wednesday or Thursday depending on distance, except for the few overseas, and those typically take two weeks even Priority Mail International (all are shipped Priority).

There are still about 15-20 of each available on "UCdecksales"
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Mike Ratledge wrote:All 35 packages hit the post in about 30 minutes,, since I am taking Donna into town for a Mellow Mushroom lunch.
One of the things I miss most about South Carolina is Mellow Mushroom - I kid you not. At night I sometimes have dreams of their Holy Shiitake pizza. . . :drool:
I hope Donna is doing well.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

I got my tracking number the other day. I can't wait now. :D
Move on, nothing to see here.
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

Hey guys,
just wanted to update on the Gran Reservas. All the Gran Reserva orders will be shipped next week; once they are, you will receive a tracking number :)
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

An update on the shippings; called Correos to complain about the situation since there have been no updates on the page, and they're saying that all my shippings are still sitting in Barcelona because they're "very busy due to the upcoming elections". They're being slowly admitted but that's about it. Welcome to Spain. In any case, let me know if any of you didn't receive the tracking number
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: "Nouveau", the UC2016 decks now funding on Kickstarter

Unread post by vasta41 »

Mike Ratledge wrote:Well, I agree that should have funded, but I am already in discussions with one of our artists about UC2017, and due to a similar circumstance(s), I don't want to vary the course.
So Mike, when are we going to start hearing about the 2017 UC deck??
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

vasta41 wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:Well, I agree that should have funded, but I am already in discussions with one of our artists about UC2017, and due to a similar circumstance(s), I don't want to vary the course.
Mike who? :ugking:
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

badpete69 wrote:
vasta41 wrote:
Did I miss something? Is this not happening?
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

vasta41 wrote:
badpete69 wrote:
vasta41 wrote:
Did I miss something? Is this not happening?
It certainly is happening, and by Edgy Brothers like you asked months ago :)

In other news, I started a thread for my new Nouveau BIJOUX deck, coming this Saturday on Kickstarter :) for now it's just an announcement but there will be new pics and info later this week. Check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

sinjin7 wrote:One of the things I miss most about South Carolina is Mellow Mushroom - I kid you not. At night I sometimes have dreams of their Holy Shiitake pizza. . . :drool:
I hope Donna is doing well.
I somehow missed this before, John. My favorite as well! Their Maui Wowey pie is outstanding as well. They don't have them in California? Never thought about it since I know that they were as far west as Denver, almost certain.

Donna is doing better, thanks. I'll let this TOT part of the thread go...
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<