Trade - Friars Club for Open Jerry Nuggets - Input Needed

Need a quick buck or trying to find that rare deck? Check here! If you are a reseller or posting an offer for members that is not a private sale, please use the "Reseller offers" forum (above) instead!
Forum rules

Private Only (member to member) - NOT FOR BULK OR GROUP SALES!

1. We are not running or in charge of any transactions happening here. It is your responsibility to check and see who you are dealing with is a fraud or a friend.

2. Topics must start with either [BUY] - [SELL] - [TRADE] - [CoOp] - [EBAY] or [ISO]

3. In your post you must post your name or ebay handle

4. You must say what country you are shipping from.

5. You MUST post contact information, such as an email or eBay account name.

6. Give as much information as you can when selling (condition, quantity, etc)

7. DO NOT 'BUMP' YOUR OWN THREAD WITHIN 3 DAYS OF POSTING. MODIFY THE EXISTING ONE.

REMEMBER: UnitedCardists.com, the owner and "Friends of UC" specifically disclaim any liability for the use of this forum
xlacs

Trade - Friars Club for Open Jerry Nuggets - Input Needed

Unread post by xlacs »

Hi,

I have a potential trade with person for an opened blue Jerry Nuggets. In exchange, this person would like 5 blue friars club playing cards. The condition of the JN might not be in the best conditions, see pictures. The box is split and the cards look a little warped.

Do you guys think this is a fair trade? and does anybody know what an opened deck of JN's usually goes for? The friar's club deck usually goes for around $30-40 on ebay.

Thanks,
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
Preformer19

Re: Trade - Friars Club for Open Jerry Nuggets - Input Neede

Unread post by Preformer19 »

My 2 cents.

5 Friar Club decks, ey? Hmmmm...

At $30 - $40 bucks a pop, you'd basically be giving him the equivalent of $150 to $200. Given that a sealed Jerry usually goes for around $250 - $300 a deck, an opened Jerry in GOOD to EXCELLENT condition probably goes for around $175 - $225 (Yes, I left a $25 gap here on purpose). A deck that is in SATISFACTORY condition will most likely go for around $85 - $130 (Again, yes, I left a gap here on purpose as well). Anything less than satisfactory will probably go for less than $100. The gaps I left give some buffer to the price levels.

As for the deck you posted, never mind the box too much. Focus on the cards. Based on the photo provided, I'd make a guess and say that the deck is most likely between a 'high" satisfactory condition and a 'low' good condition. Yes, they are a bit warped. Yes, they have been used...to what extent, I'm not sure.

Again, giving an educated guess, I'd say that this specific deck (in the condition that it is in) is only worth roughly $130 to $150.

Therefore, this would NOT be a fair trade (Assuming Friar Club decks go for $40. Had Friar Club decks been going for $30 a deck, this would have been a close call as to if it were a fair trade or not).

In my opinion, I'd only trade 3 Friar Club decks for this Jerry's nugget.

Again, this is my opinion based upon my own experiences (looking at both opened and brand new sealed Jerry's on eBay).

-Pre
xlacs

Unread post by xlacs »

Preformer19 wrote:My 2 cents.

5 Friar Club decks, ey? Hmmmm...

At $30 - $40 bucks a pop, you'd basically be giving him the equivalent of $150 to $200. Given that a sealed Jerry usually goes for around $250 - $300 a deck, an opened Jerry in GOOD to EXCELLENT condition probably goes for around $175 - $225 (Yes, I left a $25 gap here on purpose). A deck that is in SATISFACTORY condition will most likely go for around $85 - $130 (Again, yes, I left a gap here on purpose as well). Anything less than satisfactory will probably go for less than $100. The gaps I left give some buffer to the price levels.

As for the deck you posted, never mind the box too much. Focus on the cards. Based on the photo provided, I'd make a guess and say that the deck is most likely between a 'high" satisfactory condition and a 'low' good condition. Yes, they are a bit warped. Yes, they have been used...to what extent, I'm not sure.

Again, giving an educated guess, I'd say that this specific deck (in the condition that it is in) is only worth roughly $130 to $150.

Therefore, this would NOT be a fair trade (Assuming Friar Club decks go for $40. Had Friar Club decks been going for $30 a deck, this would have been a close call as to if it were a fair trade or not).

In my opinion, I'd only trade 3 Friar Club decks for this Jerry's nugget.

Again, this is my opinion based upon my own experiences (looking at both opened and brand new sealed Jerry's on eBay).

-Pre
Thank you for the excellent feedback. I offered this person two orange and two blue friar club cards for this Jerry Nugget and I thought that was a fair offer but the person said that they already have two oranges and one blue and wanted five blue friars cards for the JN. That's when I thought I should get some opinions on whether or not this is a fair trade.
Preformer19

Unread post by Preformer19 »

xlacs wrote:Thank you for the excellent feedback. I offered this person two orange and two blue friar club cards for this Jerry Nugget and I thought that was a fair offer but the person said that they already have two oranges and one blue and wanted five blue friars cards for the JN. That's when I thought I should get some opinions on whether or not this is a fair trade.
No problem.

If I were you, I wouldn't make that trade. 5 sealed Friars for an opened Jerry in somewhat good condition (even though it IS a JERRY...) is just not fair in my mind.

I mean, if you end up trading 5 blue Friars to this guy and still have at least one left over for the collection, then I might BEGIN to consider. But if I was giving away all my blue Friars, I wouldn't go in on this trade.

I guess it's all about preference and what you want to lose in turn for what you want to gain.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here waiting to come in contact with a dirt cheat pair of Jerry's for the 'ol collection. Like that'll happen! Haha.

Whatever your decision, I wish you luck.

-Pre