[BUY] White Lions Series A UV Deck

Need a quick buck or trying to find that rare deck? Check here! If you are a reseller or posting an offer for members that is not a private sale, please use the "Reseller offers" forum (above) instead!
Forum rules

Private Only (member to member) - NOT FOR BULK OR GROUP SALES!

1. We are not running or in charge of any transactions happening here. It is your responsibility to check and see who you are dealing with is a fraud or a friend.

2. Topics must start with either [BUY] - [SELL] - [TRADE] - [CoOp] - [EBAY] or [ISO]

3. In your post you must post your name or ebay handle

4. You must say what country you are shipping from.

5. You MUST post contact information, such as an email or eBay account name.

6. Give as much information as you can when selling (condition, quantity, etc)

7. DO NOT 'BUMP' YOUR OWN THREAD WITHIN 3 DAYS OF POSTING. MODIFY THE EXISTING ONE.

REMEMBER: UnitedCardists.com, the owner and "Friends of UC" specifically disclaim any liability for the use of this forum
Spectre
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 3000

[BUY] White Lions Series A UV Deck

Unread post by Spectre »

Recently I bought what was supposed to be a White Lions Series A UV deck. Turns out, I think I was taken. So, I'm still in the market for one. If anyone has one for sale, send me a PM and we can work out the details. (Alternatively, if someone has a complete DB Mystery Box that this deck came in, I would also be willing to buy the whole box too.)

Thanks,
John
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Re: [BUY] White Lions Series A UV Deck

Unread post by Cardians »

There's one here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112747654648

Not sure what verifies it as being a Series A UV rainbow ?!?!

Says one sold,
Spectre

Unread post by Spectre »

Thanks! Not sure this is legit either. I've asked the seller for additional photos of the deck. My understanding is that the UV deck has a black dot (pen mark) on the seal. If someone had one of these decks for sale and was advertising as a UV deck, they would surely include a photo of the seal. Most of the decks I see advertised as a UV deck (and are not) don't include that photo. I think some folks think that if the bottom of the deck says Rainbow, they think they have a UV deck. But all the Red White Lions Series A decks come in a Rainbow tuck.

The deck I recently received, I jumped on the purchase because I was afraid it would sell before I got a response back. The seller did send a photo of the seal after I already made the purchase, and it did have a very small pen mark in the photo he sent so I took the gamble. When I received the deck though the mark was not there. My loss, but my search continues....
Spectre

Unread post by Spectre »

WL_No_Dot.jpg
Here is the photo the seller just sent me of the deck currently on eBay. As you can see, no pen mark on the seal. I don't believe this is a UV deck. If anybody knows different, please educate me.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Some of the UVs do not have the black dot. The dot was there to distinguish it from the similar non-UV deck which came in the same variety box, years ago.
There are a couple of threads about this. I had two (no dots). Sold one - got accused of it being non-UV so I opened the other one and verified it was UV. Got a message from db's store supporting that there are UV without the dot. All which would have been unnecessary had they continued the practice or made some other distinction. (Really, just poor management from db's store.)
So, unless you get a variety box direct from db where it lists one, you just won't know unless you open it (note: someone could always just Sharpie a dot on a non-UV box).
KT52

Unread post by KT52 »

Question, what is the difference between a UV Deck and one that is not?
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

KT52 wrote:Question, what is the difference between a UV Deck and one that is not?
See Hikeeba’s post where he shows both a UV and regular White Lions deck here:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8349&p=99595#p99595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Spectre

Unread post by Spectre »

After reading Hikeeba's post, I feel even more confused. I have so many questions about a deck that I thought I knew a least a little something about. (That will teach me)

So can anyone answer?

Did DB's site sell the UV deck as a stand alone purchase? (I was told it only came in the first set of mystery boxes.)

If it only came in the mystery boxes, as I thought. There was two sets of White Lions Series A, in a red tuck case in the mystery box. One standard deck and one UV deck. If this still holds true, and there are some cases of the UV deck not being marked, then how would a person know which deck was the UV deck and which one was the standard deck? How could a person sell the deck and be confident it was one or the other?
michaha85
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Jerrys Nugget Red-Blue
Decks Owned: 771

Unread post by michaha85 »

Interesting to see the information about the Rainbow decks.
I have purchased two DB Mystery Boxes signed & unsigned, and those each had a Rainbow deck one with white lettering & black lettering on the seal.

DB Mystery Box Signed = Black lettering
DB Mystery Box Unsigned = White lettering

I have tested UV light on both seals and... Wallah!

Black lettering = UV
White lettering = non UV

Hope this helped :)

And I know this does not solve all the answers you are looking for..
michaha85
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Jerrys Nugget Red-Blue
Decks Owned: 771

Unread post by michaha85 »

20180309_033346_HDR (1).jpg