Anyone want Vladislav Erko (Ukrainian) decks?

Every now and again Mike finds something a little special - keep an eye out here for those little gems - you just might be able to snag one!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: Anyone want Vladislav Erko (Ukrainian) decks?

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

I started early this morning and finished after about 3 1/2 or 4 hours packing. All t-shirts and these decks were packed, postage printed and ready for drop-off 27 packages at the post office Monday morning. Since everything domestic is shipping Priority Mail, and all of the 30 Vladislav Erko decks overseas as well, those should be delivered Wednesday & Thursday in the US, and the few going overseas should be delivered in about ten days to two weeks. Oddly enough, the ones to Slavich in the Czech Republic let me print postage directly instead of requiring me to post and pay in person this time. I don't recall seeing anything about this changing, but I printed both First Class and Priority Mail International labels for Czech delivery this morning.

I am almost certain that PayPal sent shipping / tracking advice when I printed each label with postage, but if you are amongst the recipients and did not get email with the tracking number, please let me know and I will send you the tracking number(s) either here in PM or by email. I paid the extra to insure any packages that were over $50 in value also (primarily those that ordered all three Vladislav Erko decks). T-Shirts to be delivered overseas or in Canada all went "First Class".
tmp_32567-FB_IMG_1438473149159-1055655350.jpg
tmp_32567-FB_IMG_1438473149159-1055655350.jpg (34.77 KiB) Viewed 12032 times
tmp_32567-FB_IMG_14384731376071831939823.jpg
tmp_32567-FB_IMG_14384731376071831939823.jpg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 12032 times
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pretty much a cross-posting of what I said in the UC Charter Member t-shirt promotion thread, but everything hit the post office before 11AM this morning, and all decks went Priority Mail (and International). The domestic ones should arrive Wednesday or Thursday - no later than Friday. Canada and overseas should arrive in ten days to two weeks.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Got my deck of Pekelna Harugv today, well packed. Thanks again for organizing this Mike. I am quite disappointed in the deck though, it's a reprint and we all knew that, I was just hoping for a little better quality. Overall I am glad I have the deck even if it is a replica, because the originals are well beyond the price I'm willing to pay for a stack of paper so it was the only way I was going to get it.

I also found it interesting to compare all the differences between the original and this reprint which I documented in P52. Thanks to WillHart CthulhuWho1 for his comparison images (http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... 14&p=87378).

http://www.portfolio52.com/node/1853

vs

http://www.portfolio52.com/node/57046
This entry is for the reprint of the original deck that have a modified tuck, standard bridge size with a new simpler back (from the artist's Alice in Wonderland work for some strange reason) and uses basic plastic coated paper stock compared to the original which were a larger size (2.767" X 4.130") and features the original card back and thumb slot tuck. The manufacturer was originally Nage Cards (http://www.nage-cards.ru), but it can not be confirmed who printed this reprint. Likewise, the reprint states the year 2012, but it is assumed the actual print date was later, perhaps as late as 2015.

vs

Odd they chose to replace the back image with one of his images from Alice in Wonderland??? http://www.fairyroom.ru/?p=1134
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

I was definitely not expecting that back. At first I thought it was an additional joker...until I spread the rest of the deck.

Thanks Mike for organizing this, very well packaged and fast shipping
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eoghann wrote:I was definitely not expecting that back. At first I thought it was an additional joker...until I spread the rest of the deck.

It kind of threw me as well, since the second print is from Nage Cards as well. The first deck is even stranger with two different tucks and a third oversized edition.

All of the first prints go for $60+ and the "Tavern" Taras Bulba (reddish tuck) goes for $80 - when you can find it. I have one, but it's the only Russian printed deck I have seen that has cellophane, so it's unopened. It is slightly larger, but not much.

Glad to see the postal service actually delivered most of these in two days, as advertised!
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

Mine arrived today as well, in Portland.

Thanks again Mike!
Keep it Sizzlin'!
luisecova

Unread post by luisecova »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
Eoghann wrote:I was definitely not expecting that back. At first I thought it was an additional joker...until I spread the rest of the deck.

It kind of threw me as well, since the second print is from Nage Cards as well. The first deck is even stranger with two different tucks and a third oversized edition.

All of the first prints go for $60+ and the "Tavern" Taras Bulba (reddish tuck) goes for $80 - when you can find it. I have one, but it's the only Russian printed deck I have seen that has cellophane, so it's unopened. It is slightly larger, but not much.

Glad to see the postal service actually delivered most of these in two days, as advertised!
Hi Mike,

I'm new to the forum (and to collecting) and was wondering if you by any chance ordered extra of these decks that I can buy from you. If so, can you please pm me?

Thanks
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

luisecova wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:

Hi Mike,

I'm new to the forum (and to collecting) and was wondering if you by any chance ordered extra of these decks that I can buy from you. If so, can you please pm me?

Thanks
Unfortunately no, I had one extra deck #1,and used it to replace one with a dented tuck.

I might do this again if enough people are interested.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just keeping up with the current pricing, we all did pretty well: assuming that you got all three decks for $100, the original ("Taras Bulba") now goes for around $40, Pekelna Harugva is $85-$90 (when you can find it) and the Cossacks 1494 deck about $30.

Roughly $155-$160 total eighteen months later. The first deck is hard to find even though the second deck seems to be selling for twice as much, it is usually find-able if you try. I didn't figure out shipping, so it's actually a bit more.

Beautiful decks, and so far I am not aware of Vladislav doing another.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

Especially in light of the ongoing war in Ukraine, these lovely decks by Ukrainian designer Vladislav Erko deserve more eyes seeing them. So I'll bump this thread and include some more pictures of his designs.

Korchma Taras Bulba (2005)

This particular deck is based on authentic traditional Ukrainian costumes, including traditional tools and musical instruments. Ironically, it was produced for a restaurant in Moscow. The restaurant is called "Korchma Taras Bulba", and specializes in traditional Ukrainian cuisine. Korchma means "tavern" in Ukrainian, and the name "Taras Bulba" is taken from the chief character and Ukrainian folk here of a historical short story written in 1885 by Nikolai Gogol, and originally published in Russian.

These playing cards were first created in 2005, and a second edition in 2011 had modified suit symbols.

Pekelna Horugva (2012)

His second deck in 2012 was called "Pekelna Horugva", and is a bit darker in tone, but also captures some ethnic and nationalist themes.

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + 18 Green
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

These look really cool, actually! Any way we can still get one?
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

kevork wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:32 am These look really cool, actually! Any way we can still get one?
I used to see them pop up at Ebay from regular Russian/Ukrainian sellers about 2 years ago. Sadly nothing recently. Missed them as funds were tight back then due to the pandemic.

The only place I can find them for sale is from here: https://artcol.ru/en/cards/classic/g03557

I tried contacting them, but got a response that the owner was on vacation . Never got a response and been too busy to follow up till I saw this. If he does respond, let me know how it goes.
acetofive

Unread post by acetofive »

Eric Lee wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:22 am
kevork wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:32 am These look really cool, actually! Any way we can still get one?
I used to see them pop up at Ebay from regular Russian/Ukrainian sellers about 2 years ago. Sadly nothing recently. Missed them as funds were tight back then due to the pandemic.

The only place I can find them for sale is from here: https://artcol.ru/en/cards/classic/g03557

I tried contacting them, but got a response that the owner was on vacation . Never got a response and been too busy to follow up till I saw this. If he does respond, let me know how it goes.
Just a quick few good words for artcol. I've bought 2 or 3 reproductions from him - he always got the decks out quickly and packed carefully for the long journey to the states, and the reproductions were well done (Average time getting here (California) about 14 days - don't take that for granted tho.).
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Would like to eventually grab some, but I'm not so sure that buying anything from Russia is a safe bet these days....
This space intentionally left blank.
kasuma99
White Whale: Dynasty Black deck by Florey
Decks Owned: 666

Unread post by kasuma99 »

Me same, if any slot open up for UC bulk buy please sign me in, the deck looks great.
I mostly collect Stockholm17 and always looking for any S17 New/Opened decks/ accessories: Brick Boxes, prints, coins, Pins, ect... If you have some weird small thing and want to trade/sell please let me know! If you are also a fan and have free time to chat, feel free to send me a PM!
P52: https://portfolio52.com/profile/20009
Instargram: https://www.instagram.com/kasuma99/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/kasuma9999
Up to date sale list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing