OBSOLETE: DEFECT - Empty lists (value of 0) give error

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

OBSOLETE: DEFECT - Empty lists (value of 0) give error

Unread post by ecNate »

PARTIALLY RESOLVED: With the cron jobs running these are updated after it runs, after up to 24 hour delay. However, there is still the issue with empty lists. I've simply updated the title as a result to reflect the only open issue here.

OPEN ISSUE - Empty lists (value of 0) give error
http://www.portfolio52.com/user/297
http://www.portfolio52.com/user/298

Using these 2 users as examples (one with empty wishlist and the other with empty trade list, both with value of 0), clicking on them gives a not found type error:

Code: Select all

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

RESOLVED PORTION - Individual & cross collection totals out of date/0

The following is a defect for both the system wide totals for each deck and totals within an individual's collection. These are related to the disabled cron job Rhu mentioned and should be resolved when enabled again. However, it's not clear if the not found page error will be resolved or not when this is enabled again. It also would be good to know how often this process runs or can run.

I've noticed a few problems with the system wide totals. At first I assumed that a newly added deck starts with nothing under total collection values and after added to collection there is a nightly job that updates the values. However, I am wondering if the totals for a deck (unique in x collections, trade and wish lists) only is set from the original import. The Titanic decks are in a number of collections, including my own, but this example is still 0 days after - http://www.portfolio52.com/node/47117" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, my trade list is showing as null (note it's not 0, but mull), but I do have many in my trade list. Same for badpete

http://www.portfolio52.com/user/32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.portfolio52.com/user/298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lastly, it seems a truely empty wishlist results in a not found page error
http://www.portfolio52.com/collection/298/wishlist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben Taylor

Re: DEFECT(S) - Trade list totals & cross collection totals

Unread post by Ben Taylor »

I noticed that for the decks I had added to the database on the old site, I had permissions to edit them and manually modify those numbers. So it looks like they aren't really pulling the information from the user collections.
rhu

Re: DEFECT(S) - Trade list totals & cross collection totals

Unread post by rhu »

Known issue, I turned off the cron while I was debugging other issues :) I'll turn it back on today or tomorrow.
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards
4.of.Clubs

Re: DEFECT - Individual & cross collection totals out of dat

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

Just wondering if this has been turned on since it's still not working for me :shock:
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
rhu

Unread post by rhu »

This has been turned back on, and tweaked considerably :)

Updates will take between 1 - 24 hours to show, I'm likely to tweak the cache settings at my own discretion.
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

I see totals now! Thanks so much!
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: DEFECT - Empty lists (value of 0) give error

Unread post by ecNate »

Cool, thanks!

Since there is still an issue with empty lists I updated the original post and title. Minor issue, but should be handled.