OBSOLETE: LOST FEATURE - V2 virtually unusable with IE9

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

dleiber
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 150

OBSOLETE: LOST FEATURE - V2 virtually unusable with IE9

Unread post by dleiber »

A huge "lost feature" for me is that V2 of PCDB is virtually unusable with my go-to browser. Unfortunately, I'm using a once-state-of-the-art PC with Windows Vista 64-bit OS and IE9 is the highest version of IE it will supposedly support. I can do everything I need to do with my PC (quad processors, 8Gb RAM, etc.), so I can't rationalize upgrading OS or motherboard just for a more modern IE browser. But clearly I will not be able to use V2 unless I switch to Google Chrome or another browser. (Among other things, I can only see half the screen, can't scroll to the bottom, etc.)

I doubt anyone cares and I doubt many others will be in the same predicament since most people these days just go out and buy a new device whenever they feel like it (tablets for pre-schoolers, smart phones every year or two for the whole family, etc.). But, I thought I'd mention it just in case anyone else has the same issue and wasn't sure if he/she was doing anything wrong. Plus, it might help the admins troubleshoot issues with other users and the new version in case it's related to other old, outdated browsers.

Thanks.

Now back to reading about these fancy new inventions called fire and the wheel... :D
montecarlojoe
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Re: LOST FEATURE - V2 virtually unusable with IE9

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

The problem is that most modern sites will now require HTML5 supported browsers: https://html5test.com/results/desktop.html
(Where I work most of us are limited to IE8 - half the web is unusable)

The most HTML5 compliant browsers are Chrome, Opera and Firefox. Even IE 11 doesnt come close...

Do yourself a favour and get yourself Chrome ;)

(and ANYTHING but vista! Win 8 got bad press, but 8.1 is actually very good if you avoid the mobile style apps. Plus you'll get a free upgrade to Win 10 and it's new Edge browser)
rhu

Re: LOST FEATURE - V2 virtually unusable with IE9

Unread post by rhu »

I was optimising the mobile site, and realised it would only take a couple of minutes to boost support for legacy browsers (IE ;) )

It should be functional now!
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards