Looks Like I'm Done Adding Decks

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

vedus

Looks Like I'm Done Adding Decks

Unread post by vedus »

https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/5455/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - mine, flagged for deletion
https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/5465/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/5456/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - mine, flagged for deletion
https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/5466/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not going to waste my time scanning, cropping, and uploading content if someone is going to come along ten decks later, do half the job, and mine is marked for deletion.

It is simply not worth the effort.
4.of.Clubs
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: Looks Like I'm Done Adding Decks

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

The guideline right now is to see which deck is in less collections and that would be the one to be marked as duplicate, this way it'll affect the least amount of people possible. Please don't give up on helping out. Remember that Alex is still hosting the site free of charge and it'll take the community together to make it better!
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

Annoyingly, it's my images being used on the other entries, which I now need to update my collection to point to.

Nah.
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

The other issue is that it appears that you still need approval for your submissions. As a result they aren't visible to everyone through search and so someone else comes along, doesn't see yours, and then adds their own. Although the reuse of your image is a bit curious.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

We need more of the editors to actually review and approve decks, I can't do it on my own. I have had to travel for work a lot lately and weeks go by before I get time to review and by then there are many sitting there awaiting review. This meant in your case that in the meantime somebody else added the deck directly (in some cases with a bad picture) and then a number of other people added to their collections. When I finally can review lingering submissions it's now a duplicate (or in some cases always was because the person never searched first, not for yours though, thanks). Only option then is to reject the second one so only one person has to update collection instead of 2-10+ people.

I think the solution in your case is that since you do take the time to provide quality scans and submissions is that I upgrade you to contributor. I've now done that so in the future your submissions will be immediately live, just be sure to always search first and follow submission guidelines (see 'Adding/Editing Decks' under Learn section). I believe you should also be able to review and approve new decks as well. I'll add a post about that and asking for more help.