XP for all users back to zero?

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

XP for all users back to zero?

Unread post by EndersGame »

My XP was over 2000, and I just noticed that it has now gone back to zero. In fact, from what I can tell, the XP value for everyone has reset.

Perhaps this happened after the last patch?

Are there any features that require a certain amount of XP in order to access?
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: XP for all users back to zero?

Unread post by ecNate »

Yeah, mine is also back to 0 and I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting credit for a lot of things and certainly lost them before in past migrations. I don't know the details on cause or if it can be restored, but I'm pretty sure there is no restriction of features. Alex as considering using them as a possible future reward thing, to be determined. So ideally they can be restored, but if not there probably wasn't anything behind them yet.
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by IAmTheChin »

I admit that definitely wasn't supposed to happen. It was something that used to exist in the earliest version of the site and then was kept on. Honestly with the current site the points were just there and this might be a good thing to just get a fresh slate to build proper gamification into the site from a true base point.

In the future though I really do hope to utilize XP points to help encourage contributions to the website with badging and ranking systems. Maybe automated contributor access when you reach a certain level of points, and of course the standard opening of premium features for those that contribute more to the site than just browse. That being said at the moment there are no such tiered access levels yet that are tied directly to the points and as Nate said, certain actions were still a little glitchy in registering points.

I'm hoping to clean this up and get this fully up and running maybe late summer along with a proper "Onboarding Tutorial". The current priorities this past month was just to address the main requests which were trading, messaging, and a few UX bugs. I'll need to launch another Kickstarter though to pay for the next round of building though but once that goes through we could probably expect another batch of features to roll out.
Manage Your Collections with
http://www.Portfolio52.com

Every collection starts somewhere. Start your saga. Start with Seasons.
http://www.SeasonsPlayingCards.com
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

I love the idea of doing a KickStarter to help fund it, especially if there are exclusive modest rewards to encourage people, but hopefully people that use it will choose to give back.

I also really like the concept of being automatically upgraded based on submissions, but I've had a lot of crappy ones that I approved and then had to spend time filling in the gaps or worse trying to find a proper photo of a deck I don't own. Unless we can make sure those kinds of people aren't assumed quality submitters then such a system would be great. I think the PM system would allow somebody reviewing a deck to notify the submitter they need a better photo or correct their use of content etc it could be a learning experience and then would avoid issues in the future as well.
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

Thanks for all your hard work in developing portfolio52, Alex!

Even in its current form, it is a terrific resource for collectors. I only discovered it recently (after coming across your own website and Seasons card designs), and am very impressed with it. Well done!
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=