DEFECT - Custom ordered list doesn't save

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

DEFECT - Custom ordered list doesn't save

Unread post by ecNate »

First, having all past saved ordered lists totally lost may render this feature less desirable to existing users in having to start over. Which was a major bummer.

However, trying to now order them again doesn't seem to be saving. When I switch views it goes back to the same prior order on coming back to custom order.

In addition, the problem of only seeing 8-12 decks on a page at a time, or even at 32 if you use the zoom out function of browser, makes this feature near impossible to use. This is because to drag a SINGLE deck from the bottom to the top takes a very long time in a collection of more than say 50 and near impossible to re-arrange the entire thing. Having a view that allows for more decks on the page is CRITICAL to this feature. That is after it actually working and saving. ;)
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Re: DEFECT - Custom ordered list doesn't save

Unread post by flyers3003 »

This is probably my biggest issue with the site. At 1400+ decks now, not being able to sort them easily and in the way that I like is extremely frustrating.
robcan0630

Unread post by robcan0630 »

I'm having this issue as well. Here is what I've found (hopefully it will help to identify and resolve the issue):

For the decks initially loaded in the DOM (looks to be the first 20 decks regardless of "view" type), when using the "middleGrid" view, if you change the order of decks, the new order will be maintained. If you change the order of any of the decks loaded after the initial DOM is created, the ordering changes will not be maintained.

The POST response to "/collection/reorder" returns the same JSON data in either scenario above. I did notice that the highest "weight" return value is a string where all other "weight" return values are integers.

One other thing I noticed is that in the POST request to "/collection/reorder" has the initially loaded 20 decks with an order id that is not the same as the deck's id (i.e. Gemini Noctis has a deck id of 4709 for viewing, etc. but in the POST request is has an order id of 223153). However, the decks loaded after the initial DOM build use the same order id and deck id (i.e. Requiem Autumn is identified as 804 for both id's).

If you change the "view" type, even the original DOM will not maintain ordering changes.
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by IAmTheChin »

robcan0630 wrote:I'm having this issue as well.
Just wanted to give a huge shout out to robocan who actually did just fix the issue this past weekend. Woohoo! If you guys find yourself having trouble saving just send a message on FB or e-mail me but this issue I think we can officially close out.
Manage Your Collections with
http://www.Portfolio52.com

Every collection starts somewhere. Start your saga. Start with Seasons.
http://www.SeasonsPlayingCards.com
robcan0630

Yes, this should be corrected for Collections, Tradelists, and Wishlists when using custom ordering.
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

I didn't even realize this was being corrected. That makes me happy!
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

It seems that it doesn't save a new custom order again. It always switches back to my old order since the alphabetical order was fixed.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Harvonsgard wrote:It seems that it doesn't save a new custom order again. It always switches back to my old order since the alphabetical order was fixed.
The problem I had with custom order is that it would repeat some decks and not show others. I only use the newly added sorting and that one seems to work good.

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk
robcan0630

Breaking the custom order when fixing the alphabetical order was not my intent. Working on it now. Should be able to get it fixed tonight (I hope).
robcan0630

STLBluesNut wrote:
Harvonsgard wrote:It seems that it doesn't save a new custom order again. It always switches back to my old order since the alphabetical order was fixed.
The problem I had with custom order is that it would repeat some decks and not show others. I only use the newly added sorting and that one seems to work good.

That was actually a combination of issues, and the repeating decks should now be corrected. Hopefully I'll have the custom sorting fixed shortly and all will be good again.
robcan0630

Sorry for the trouble, but the all the sort types (custom, alpha, and newest) should now be working for collections, tradelists, and wishlists. Let me know if you are still having any issues.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Thank you for you work on this project. It is appreciated by many, even if unsaid. Thank you.

robcan0630

STLBluesNut wrote:Thank you for you work on this project. It is appreciated by many, even if unsaid. Thank you.

Thanks, I appreciate your appreciation. :D