Extra scans for deck entries

If you'd like to see something new in the Playing Card Database post here.
(You never know - it might happen!)

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

Slavich
Collector: Yes

Unread post by Slavich »

It will be nice to have the ability to add scans of all sides of the tucks and have them displayed around the scan of the front of the tuck when viewing a deck entry. Something like this, pardon my amateur photoshop skills :D :
P52 Feature Request.jpg
As a fairly new collector I found it surprising to know that a lot of modern decks that exist have had several print runs. In some cases a deck was 1st printed when USPCC was based in Ohio and then reprinted when they relocated to Kentucky and that information is usually located on the sides of the tuck case. Or sometimes the only difference in the print runs is the way a text is written on the bottom of the tuck case, or it could just be a simple change of a logo which is the case with some T11 decks. All those things were unknown to me when I first started collecting. I believe the above feature will enable new collectors and even some veteran collectors document all the different deck releases through which the database will keep growing and become the #1 place to go to in order to find out all this information.
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Extra scans for deck entries

Unread post by ecNate »

@nesuferit has a personal collection site that Rhu looked at and discussed that does pretty much that. Rhu already was considering it for v2, but not sure where that is at now. Glad you added it though so it's formally listed. I tried pulling up the image Rhu shared, but it's a dead link as is the link where he found it. Perhaps one of them can update us here on what that site was like/is and what the plan is for P52 on this idea.

On a related note, there's also a suggestion to have specific cards and backs to have their own slot. That way, you could have Joker 1, Joker 2, AoS and card back. It would be cool to just click a button and see all of your card backs at once, same for Jokers, AoS, etc.

EDIT - Did some URL hackery and found it on their new site http://reinadeoros.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=516

Timothywew
Lurker
Lurker

Unread post by Timothywew »

And while the above may be extended to list all an objects props, and even adjust them; what it does not
do is allow one to add extra properties.