Number of open decks

If you'd like to see something new in the Playing Card Database post here.
(You never know - it might happen!)

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

Slavich
Collector: Yes

Number of open decks

Unread post by Slavich »

Hey guys,

Not sure if this applies to everyone but I for example always try and get at least two of each decks, one to keep sealed and one to open and enjoy the art. Sometimes I even find a deck that I don't have in my collection but it is already used and therefore open.

So I would suggest adding an extra count for number of open decks that we have. So for each deck we'd be able to mark how many we 'Own (Sealed & Open separately), how many of those are for 'Trade' (this number shouldn't be higher than total number owned) & lastly how many are on our 'Wish List'

I don't think it's a very important addition but it was an idea I had because that's how I try to categorize my collection :)
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Number of open decks

Unread post by ecNate »

I wouldn't need this feature, but I can see the appeal. The way rhu was talking about the ability to custom name decks in your collection and add custom description I thought there would have been a way to add a deck, rename with 'sealed' and then add another renaming it with 'open'. However, that doesn't seem to be working that way so maybe I was wrong. You said you wanted to get totals anyhow (although once export options are done you can do a lot with naming conventions and formulas in a spreadsheet).

EDIT - Moved my primary response here for tracking since I REALLY want this feature now and am pretty sure it will meet your needs as well.
http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5774
rhu

Re: Number of open decks

Unread post by rhu »

Slavich wrote:Hey guys,

Not sure if this applies to everyone but I for example always try and get at least two of each decks, one to keep sealed and one to open and enjoy the art. Sometimes I even find a deck that I don't have in my collection but it is already used and therefore open.

So I would suggest adding an extra count for number of open decks that we have. So for each deck we'd be able to mark how many we 'Own (Sealed & Open separately), how many of those are for 'Trade' (this number shouldn't be higher than total number owned) & lastly how many are on our 'Wish List'

I don't think it's a very important addition but it was an idea I had because that's how I try to categorize my collection :)
I briefly had this feature, but changed from "unique rows" to "quantity" and never added it again. This will eventually be added again.
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards