Designated Back Photos (maybe also Joker/AoS)

If you'd like to see something new in the Playing Card Database post here.
(You never know - it might happen!)

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Designated Back Photos (maybe also Joker/AoS)

Unread post by ecNate »

So file this under 'nice to have'. I was thinking it would be neat to also scan in the backs of my cards so they are in the photo list for the decks with neat backs and thought it would be super cool if we could have a view that instead of showing the tuckboxes displays a collage of all the card backs from our collection. Then I also thought that the 2 most popular cards are AoS and Jokers, so maybe those too. Although some decks have 2-4 jokers so that might be a bit much, but it would be really neat.

I would say the order of interest in such a feature would be backs first, then Jokers, then AoS. I assume implementing this isn't hard, but it's not trivial either. Plus even once added this would be additional scans that would be needed to be done. I know I would be willing to do it with those I own, if a few others did the same it would result in a nice back collage (or Joker/AoS).

This started because I tried pulling out the ad cards from my open decks and keeping together so I can browse through them all, but a surprising amount of decks simply don't have them and I didn't want to start pulling out Jokers or other cards for this purpose. Digital is the way to go. :D