How do you see who has the decks?

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

tonyricciardi
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1200

How do you see who has the decks?

Unread post by tonyricciardi »

I am looking for the Aves Prototype deck and I see that 5 people have it in their collections. In the old site, I used to be able to see who those 5 people are to possible initiate a trade. How do I do that in the new website?
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: How do you see who has the decks?

Unread post by ecNate »

For now, you really can't, but hopefully it will come back soon:
IAmTheChin wrote:Regarding Trade Functionality: That one is something I want to bring back out but I'm holding back until we can sort of get the quality of content a bit more monitored. Trade functionality isn't just matching anymore because of privacy issues. It's a full installation of messaging and notifications. I do plan on adding it with an export function as well late next month. This month I'll hopefully add in the Learning Section to get people more on board and address a few of the outlier bugs. Again if I missed anything message me or e-mail me since there are a lot of balls in the air I just try to address them one at a time.

Source - viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9160&start=20#p113900
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

Seems like it's been long enough to bring this functionality back? I've noticed the site has improved on the backend enough that finding and posting decks is enjoyable again, and even the chat function is back and working.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

If you go to any deck, you should be able to see how many people have it in their tradelists and click on that to bring up a listing. Example - https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/4512/in-tradelists
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

I hope that a feature would be added that from an any deck page you could that which members have it in their collections, not just in wish- or tradelists. You could make a point about a need for secrecy, but honestly, if you have uploaded the deck to your collection on P52 then you already gave up that secrecy. And furthermore, does anyone really care that another collector can see what decks do you have, especially as you have already uploaded them for everybody to see.

Also I would really hope that the numerous bugs and glitches on the site (some decks are seen twice in collections with the same deck page, impossible to remove decks from tradelist/wishlist etc) would be fixed someday as there seems to be no progress done to the site.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

If we open it up more for view, it would be nice if we had an option to keep either our whole collection or parts of our collection private or accessible by permission only. For me though it doesn't matter, but others I know don't want everyone to see what decks they have or at least certain decks. That is at least one reason why some large collectors don't have their collections in this database. Honestly though, even with those precautions, I can see some not wanting their collection on any shared drive.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Bradius wrote:If we open it up more for view, it would be nice if we had an option to keep either our whole collection or parts of our collection private or accessible by permission only. For me though it doesn't matter, but others I know don't want everyone to see what decks they have or at least certain decks. That is at least one reason why some large collectors don't have their collections in this database. Honestly though, even with those precautions, I can see some not wanting their collection on any shared drive.
I personally don't understand that, but can respect it. Are they concerned somebody will see they have a $50 or $1,000 deck and become concerned somebody will come find where they live and steal it? Is it something else? Seems to me it would be easier to just allow all open access if if somebody wanted to hide a deck they could just not add it, but perhaps those with concerns and large high value collections may then choose not to be on the site at all.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I know there are some people with high value collections that don't want to post them on a site where anyone can see them for just the reason you mentioned. They also might not want them seen because they don't want people contact them to see if they want to trade or sell as they are not interested in trading or selling the decks or perhaps any of their collection. That said, I think those that are concerned about posting on a shared database would expose them to a potential theft risk, would probably not post them even if the could "hide" there collection from others. I say that because they would probably think it could be hacked to some extent. I mean even now, I can often find folks when they add a deck and then store their user number so I can check out their collection. That is something you can already do now. Anyway, I just love features :D
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction