Portfolio 52 Suggestion

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

tonyricciardi
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1200

Portfolio 52 Suggestion

Unread post by tonyricciardi »

I was an avid user of the site previously, but for some reason I find myself not using it nearly as often following the refresh. I can't put my finger on it exactly but one thing I can definitely point towards in terms of dislikes is the size of the decks in the grid display. With the hundreds of decks I currently have, it takes an eternity to scroll through to look at my collection. I find the image size to be way to large. I feel like the image on that screen should be more of a reference in a smaller size. If I want to get a close up view of that deck, I can click on it. But for scrolling and reference purposes, I don't think it needs to be that big. It would be nice to at least have an option to reduce the icon size on the grid view screen so I can fit 5-6 or more decks across. Thanks!
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Portfolio 52 Suggestion

Unread post by ecNate »

I know Alex still has plans and is still working on improving things, but I agree with you here. In the past when we had updates it was often 2 steps forward and 1 step back as we gained new features and a more solid foundation, but lost features in the process. This time around it was a massive platform change behind the scenes which allows for easier improvements in the future, but definitely was a case of 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

At this point there's quite a few new issues that came up, but also quite a few that got fixed or just are no longer issues. I hope he's able to find the time and money later this year to make some of this corrections before trying to add more things.