Monarchs Discussion

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Monarchs Discussion

Unread post by badpete69 »

Hey guys. So while working on my collection and adding my Monarchs, I looked up what we had already in the database and I think there is an error/duplication entry. So we all know the first Monarch deck was black with larger borders and a red seal with straight edges. Some people have called the deck Navy blue, some called it black and some call it gold.
We have that basic entry in the database with the right picks. Now they did a second version of that black deck with thinner borders and a red seal with jagged edges and I do not see that entry in the database. But I do see a gold monarch entry which to me seems like the first version with no apparent differences. Was the gold version meant to be the second edition? If so it has the wrong back pic. If not what is the gold deck???
I looked through the T11 site and do not see any mention of a gold deck. More info on the V2 of the black deck is here

http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... t=MONARCHS

Anyway before I add or change anything I wanna get the experts opinion
Slavich

Monarchs Discussion

Unread post by Slavich »

Hey Pierre. I am actually currently about to get myself one Gold version so I was researching it few days ago :) Here is the info: http://thecardcollectors.blogspot.cz/20 ... 1.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and here also: http://playingcards.wikidot.com/theory11:monarchs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
badpete69

Re: Monarchs Discussion

Thanks a bunch my friend.. I remember hearing about those blue and gold cards now...
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Thanks for doing the right thing and bringing it up here to clear things up as best you can.

If you end up adding any details to the entries in PCDB, what often works best in a case like this is to have a write up explaining the key differences between the similar decks with links to the key sources and then copy/paste that into the descriptions for each. Following that you can add any additional details about each specific deck.
badpete69

Also I guess someone has to add the V2 monarchs with the jagged seal. I don't think I own a deck to scan