PCDB on Facebook: Select Mirrored Updates HERE

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

rhu

PCDB on Facebook: Select Mirrored Updates HERE

Unread post by rhu »

Thought I would give the old social networking a try, now that we're growing outside of the UC I need a way to communicate with everyone else too. And since I have no intention of running a forum I thought this would be the next best thing :)

I hope a couple of you will volunteer to help me run it ;) I won't pretend to know what I'm doing here.

Anyway, please like / follow / share / whatever-it-is-you-do-these-days

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Playing- ... 7614670361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards
iDoctor
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: PCDB on facebook!

Unread post by iDoctor »

Cool, let's do. I've liked, followed and shared.
Yours, iDoctor
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Now that we have enough likes we were able to get a proper URL: https://www.facebook.com/PlayingCardDB Share away and add to your interest lists and INTERACT as this should help bubble up the posts in your feed more regularly.

My goal is to have a fairly active page, but not an annoying one. My initial goal is 2-3x/week, NEVER more than once a day and if I get really busy in the future at least 1x/month. I'm planning on a deck of the week that simply links to a deck that is interesting and has complete and detailed information about it at PCDB. This also means I'll be forced to update a number of deck details at PCDB in the process. Another regular post might be tips/tricks to using PCDB or future updates, etc. Finally, I think it might be cool to have a rotating featured collection, possibly monthly.
rhu

Unread post by rhu »

Thanks ecNate, it's doing a lot better now that you've taken the reins :) Pushed out a couple small changes today, we finally have sortable tables ;)

More to follow before the 4th!
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Since quite a few people here are not on Facebook and due to Facebook holding posts somewhat hostage unless you pay, I'll be cross posting a few select future updates done there here.

To catch us up, here's a recent post you may have missed.

Dec 26, 2014 - Image stitch of all 2014 released decks in PCDB at that time, 2014 has been a busy year for playing card collectors! Which decks did we miss
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

PlayingCardDB hit 2,500 decks entered today! Great job members! We are averaging around 10-11 new decks added each day. At that rate we should be doubled at 5k decks by the end of the year. Can we do it sooner?
Attachments
Decks in PCDB Trend.JPG
Decks in PCDB Trend.JPG (35.5 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Today's update is a bit interesting, so sharing here too.
Fun Fact??? Out of our current 2,716 decks in PCDB, 41% are recent decks (last 5 years) and just another 6% 6-20 years old. The rest are 8% 20+ years old (vintage, including older replicas), plus another 1% that are more recent replicas. Leaving the majority of decks (over 43%) as unknown/unlisted! Getting the decks entered is the critical step, updating the details is the next and harder part. Thanks for helping get these updated!

On a related and more positive note, 90% of the decks have image scans! :-) Sweeeeeet!