Donations Welcome!

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

rhu

Donations Welcome!

Unread post by rhu »

I've put a lot of thought into this, and I have opened up website donations. Donating to the PCDB will also register you as a life long member that will eventually unlock extra features (as soon as I get a chance to make them!). All I ask is that you sell one deck of cards from your collection, and donate the proceeds here:

http://playingcarddb.com/donate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a catch though! 100% of the money donated will go directly to Oxfam to help fight poverty :) My commitment to you is that I'll keep running the website out of my own pocket, so long as you keep donating to charity.

Please note: I'll be more open to feature requests when I see the total rise up ;)
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Donations Welcome!

Unread post by ecNate »

DONE! I skipped the selling a deck step (I have a small collection and very few duplicates) and just donated directly. While that step is clever I wonder if some people may mistake that for a required step and not look at the details to see you are just asking for donations to Oxfam.

I like that you are using this method and looks like a great cause. Well done.

Please note: I'll be more open to donating more in the future when I see more features implemented. ;) Just kidding, you've done a great job so far. Thanks rhu.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

BUMP!

Come on guys, please support rhu for providing this great way to manage our collections. The money actually goes to a charity so it's really a win-win-win. Plus if you are able to deduct it on taxes or anything it costs you even less to participate.

Total Raised: £10.99 This should be much more. Personally I plan to donate again in a few months and perhaps annually after that.

http://playingcarddb.com/donate
Slavich

Unread post by Slavich »

rhu wrote:I've put a lot of thought into this, and I have opened up website donations. Donating to the PCDB will also register you as a life long member that will eventually unlock extra features (as soon as I get a chance to make them!). All I ask is that you sell one deck of cards from your collection, and donate the proceeds here:

http://playingcarddb.com/donate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

There's a catch though! 100% of the money donated will go directly to Oxfam to help fight poverty :) My commitment to you is that I'll keep running the website out of my own pocket, so long as you keep donating to charity.

Please note: I'll be more open to feature requests when I see the total rise up ;)
Thanks rhu for implementing this. I'm very glad that you picked Oxfam, made my donation :)
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Closer to £100 now :)
rhu

Unread post by rhu »

I really appreciate everyone that has taken the time to donate :) Now I'll need to live up to my end of the bargain and start implementing some new features ;)

Also, a pleasant side effect of this raising a nice little sum of money for charity already is that I'm able to use the phrase "but it's for charity!" when my partner questions why I'm spending hours of my life categorising card collections :D
PlayingCardDB - we bag and tag playing cards
iDoctor
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by iDoctor »

Thank you Rhu for doing this. I've just donated.
Yours, iDoctor