Uncuts

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

volantangel
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Uncuts

Unread post by volantangel »

Should uncut sheets be listed under the same category as decks ? I was thinking instead of it being merged with the deck and instead have it's own field under the same deck ie. I own ___ uncut sheets of this.

The uncuts look terrible in deck view anyways.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Uncuts

Unread post by ecNate »

We had discussions about this before. The advantage of having uncuts as their own entity is that eventually we might be able to designate them as such and more easily have a special uncut grouping. While that could also be done with dedicated fields under a deck entry (mostly for image), it's not ready yet so it was decided to enter them separate. I think the main factor was the different price and occasionally different release dates or (lack of) branding.

I agree it seems more intuitive to just have it as an option under a deck, the logistics of working it into the system is difficult. Plus, if you really think about it, an uncut is almost like another version of a deck (similar to tuck swap, limited edition, etc). In a way it's the just an uncut version, but since it's uncut and without a tuck isn't that really the same as a tuck swap?

More here - http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5626
Also midway through here - http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... 5&start=20
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

ecNate wrote:We had discussions about this before. The advantage of having uncuts as their own entity is that eventually we might be able to designate them as such and more easily have a special uncut grouping. While that could also be done with dedicated fields under a deck entry (mostly for image), it's not ready yet so it was decided to enter them separate. I think the main factor was the different price and occasionally different release dates or (lack of) branding.

I agree it seems more intuitive to just have it as an option under a deck, the logistics of working it into the system is difficult. Plus, if you really think about it, an uncut is almost like another version of a deck (similar to tuck swap, limited edition, etc). In a way it's the just an uncut version, but since it's uncut and without a tuck isn't that really the same as a tuck swap?

More here - http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5626
Also midway through here - http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... 5&start=20
Haha i totally agree. My other thought was for it to be listed under a completely different database separate from the decks just for uncuts.

(btw there are quite a number of duplicate entries in there, but i cant delete entries.)
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

volantangel wrote:(btw there are quite a number of duplicate entries in there, but i cant delete entries.)
I've been following this method:
* If a deck is selected to be listed for deletion, change the name to be prefixed with " - DELETE - " and append at the end any related reason and/or update description if needed for clarity. Please do this for the version that appears the LEAST used (least amount of people have added it to their collection). Eventually rhu will delete or more will be authorized to perform deletions after the delete/merge code is properly implemented.