[ *** P52 Help: Add/Edit Guidelines *** ]

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

Sparkz
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Guidelines for adding and editing to PlayingCardDB

Unread post by Sparkz »

Never mind, I'm not sure if I can add a "Company" so i put it in with the last "Misc" category for the moment.

....on a side note, I'v added a bunch of stuff to "MY Collection" but my collection count isn't changing, just an FYI in case it's happening to others.
dazzleguts
Player: Yes
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Unread post by dazzleguts »

Hi Sparkz
I've noticed my deck count can take a little while to be updated after I've added decks. Just a lag in the database I think, unless you're talking more than a day later?
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
Sparkz

Unread post by Sparkz »

dazzleguts wrote:Hi Sparkz
I've noticed my deck count can take a little while to be updated after I've added decks. Just a lag in the database I think, unless you're talking more than a day later?
Ya, it caught up when I checked just now, thank you :D

I've got some scans and pics to add to some decks I added today
dazzleguts
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Unread post by dazzleguts »

Glad to help :)

Great Kardify article on the DB!
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
Sparkz

Unread post by Sparkz »

dazzleguts wrote:Glad to help :)

Great Kardify article on the DB!
Thanks, hopefully it will bring some more collectors to the DB and boost the contribution base :D
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Sparkz wrote:Ok, so I've been adding some tuck to the DB along with some extra images, but I must be missing something...........I can't seem to figure out how to add a completely new deck?

I have the 52 Plus Joker I wanted to add since folks have been picking them up, but I can't seem to figure it out......and I'm not a computer noob, lol

Thanks
Contact Rhu, there appears to be 4 levels of access (excluding guest and rhu's super access). Names are my own and done from memory since nothing is currently officially documented:
Member - able to add existing decks to collection & add images (can't recall if this was at this level or the next)
Editor - adds ability to edit decks in the database with name/description/date changes, select tuck front/back images
Creator - adds access to add new decks into the database
Admin Assistant - adds access to restricted admin page to modify brand lists (plus upcoming features for artist, manufacturer, etc)

I recall rhu saying it was updated nightly, not sure of what exact time or timezone though, but yeah as you saw there is a slight delay.
Sparkz

Unread post by Sparkz »

ecNate wrote:
Sparkz wrote:Ok, so I've been adding some tuck to the DB along with some extra images, but I must be missing something...........I can't seem to figure out how to add a completely new deck?

I have the 52 Plus Joker I wanted to add since folks have been picking them up, but I can't seem to figure it out......and I'm not a computer noob, lol

Thanks
Contact Rhu, there appears to be 4 levels of access (excluding guest and rhu's super access). Names are my own and done from memory since nothing is currently officially documented:
Member - able to add existing decks to collection & add images (can't recall if this was at this level or the next)
Editor - adds ability to edit decks in the database with name/description/date changes, select tuck front/back images
Creator - adds access to add new decks into the database
Admin Assistant - adds access to restricted admin page to modify brand lists (plus upcoming features for artist, manufacturer, etc)

I recall rhu saying it was updated nightly, not sure of what exact time or timezone though, but yeah as you saw there is a slight delay.
No worries Nate, thanks though. It seems I can do everything but add a "Container" meaing a new company or designer. I can add, edit withing exisitng groups though. I have a few more to go and I'll have all my collection in there, I added a handful of decks, thumbnails and pics over the weekend, the site is looking really good ;)
mjolnir
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by mjolnir »

Hi all.

I have added what decks I could to the database but I am not allowed to create new decks. I am also not allowed to PM anyone on this board. So, what is my next step?

Thanks
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

That doesn't even make sense?
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

new users on this board have to have a certain numbers of posts first before can pm, I think 5 to reduce spam. likewise not every new user will get full access to PCDB right away.

the simple answer any how is you need to make a request from the PCDB site

Read this first
http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ecNate

Re: [ *** PCDB Help: Add/Edit Guidelines *** ]

Unread post by ecNate »

Made a few changes due to our new v2, aka Portfolio52, in particular regarding new fields
dleiber
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 150

Re: [ *** P52 Help: Add/Edit Guidelines *** ]

Unread post by dleiber »

ecNate wrote:Guidelines for adding and editing to Portfolio52 (the playing card database)

WHAT TO ADD / HOW TO ADD A NEW DECK
* New decks are best added by first going to the proper category (Custom Brand) and from the bottom of the listing use the available fields to create a stub entry
* Once created, locate this entry and open it and edit to then proceed with updating the description, images, tuck front/back selections, etc
You have recently given me Contributor permission. Supposedly this allows me to enter new decks, but not edit existing decks. So, if I follow the guidelines quoted above from the FAQ, won't I just be able to create the new deck stub entry, but then be unable to edit it to add the details?
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

dleiber wrote:
ecNate wrote:Guidelines for adding and editing to Portfolio52 (the playing card database)

WHAT TO ADD / HOW TO ADD A NEW DECK
* New decks are best added by first going to the proper category (Custom Brand) and from the bottom of the listing use the available fields to create a stub entry
* Once created, locate this entry and open it and edit to then proceed with updating the description, images, tuck front/back selections, etc
You have recently given me Contributor permission. Supposedly this allows me to enter new decks, but not edit existing decks. So, if I follow the guidelines quoted above from the FAQ, won't I just be able to create the new deck stub entry, but then be unable to edit it to add the details?
Well, first the description above was how it worked in PCDB, in P52 you can edit ALL the fields right away from the initial add page (http://www.portfolio52.com/node/add/deck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I'll correct that part now.

However, since I don't have actual contributor access I can't confirm anything else, so I would love to hear how it actually works so we can get these details updated. I assume you can create and modify all the fields initially, after that I don't know if you can still edit those you created or none. Give it a shot and let me know what happens. ;)
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

Pretty sure I'm only at contributor level. I can add decks and can edit any of the decks that I added. I can't edit decks that others have added.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

flyers3003 wrote:Pretty sure I'm only at contributor level. I can add decks and can edit any of the decks that I added. I can't edit decks that others have added.
Cool, that's how it should work. One thing I know did change is before you could add new images to decks you didn't create, but with the new backend development system that's no longer really possible. So contributors can add NEW decks and modify decks THEY CREATED, but that's it. Anything more requires editor access.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

I've now added this content to the related learning thread on P52. Updates were made there and more are still needed there, but since this thread will not be kept in sync. Instead, this thread will remain for continued best practices discussions. Any input into the guidelines and updates for the guide to match the latest version of P52 are welcome.

This thread is also now un-stickied.