[decibelhz] my card collection

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

decibelhz
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

[decibelhz] my card collection

Unread post by decibelhz »

I started collecting playing cards in 2013 and have been busy adding to my collection in the past 2 years. I have over 1000 decks, with around 900 of them unique and I hope to continue adding to it in the future. I started out collecting art prints which is what led me to playing cards. I received the Ultimate Deck from Dan and Dave and really liked it but it wasn't until the Federal 52 decks came out that it really turned into something more serious. There are so many different aspects to love in playing cards that if there is just one thing I love about a deck, I'll pick one up to add to the collection. That element can be any one of or a combination of the tuckbox design, the pip configuration and or art, the face cards, the jokers, the ace of spades, back design, etc. I do open my decks and don't use them heavily as I just look through them to enjoy the art. I love non-standard decks of all varieties so I'll start this off with something my friend in Singapore helped me pick up. It's the Anima deck from Tulisan.com. Unfortunately, they only ship to Indonesia at the moment as a bug on their website won't allow anyone with a shipping address outside of that country to check out even though the website does advertise shipping to Singapore and Malaysia. Fortunately, they have a store in Singapore so my friend was able to pick up a few decks for me. The deck itself, is a beautiful tarot sized deck with custom courts, aces and 2's, with identical jokers and title cards. Enjoy!

This is just a comparison in size from a regular deck of cards

Image[/quote]
decibelhz

Re: [decibelhz] my card collection

These decks are among my favorites:

from left to right, Concorde, Red Rockwell International, Space Cards from General Dynamics Astronautics

Top left to right, Air India 2 deck set, Elal Airlines 2 deck set
Bottom left to right Clare Mackie (Folio Society), Icelandair, Odd Bods, Dark Suits

I'll post individual pics of the courts for these later. They are all no standard
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Yes! I've always wanted to check out what goodies you've collected. Looking forward to the rest of the pics, you've got some interesting stuff there. :)
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Nice anima deck, ive actually been to the store myself. I felt that the cards werent of the highest quality and that the price was a little too high so i held back, but if anyone wants one i can always help out =)
decibelhz

volantangel wrote:Nice anima deck, ive actually been to the store myself. I felt that the cards werent of the highest quality and that the price was a little too high so i held back, but if anyone wants one i can always help out =)
Thanks! Yeah, you definitely don't want to get these cards if you plan on shooting your next cardistry video with them because like most "art" decks, the stock isn't meant for that.
Eoghann wrote:Yes! I've always wanted to check out what goodies you've collected. Looking forward to the rest of the pics, you've got some interesting stuff there. :)
Dan, you'll recognize quite a few of these decks because I made quite a few purchases after you posted your newly acquired decks on the forum. BTW, where's your thread?

Here's something a little more recent. Life Comes in # deck from Kickstarter.

decibelhz

some more art decks

Jock1971

Unread post by Jock1971 »

:drool: :drool: An excellent start to your thread,Wow those Art decks are great , some i`ve not seen before. i`m looking forward to seeing more of your collection.
With around a thousand decks to choose from ,what is you favorite and do you have a certain type of deck you`d buy over any type.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

:lol: I'm happy to see some very familiar decks there.

Interested to see the all black deck next to the sleep no more and the Concorde one!
decibelhz

Jock1971 wrote::drool: :drool: An excellent start to your thread,Wow those Art decks are great , some i`ve not seen before. i`m looking forward to seeing more of your collection.
With around a thousand decks to choose from ,what is you favorite and do you have a certain type of deck you`d buy over any type.
Thank you Jock! I have several favorite decks one of which I'll be posting below but I've started focusing on collecting older limited edition non standard or art decks with art that I really love or find unusual. When I first started collecting, I think I was collecting for the wrong reason so I was trying to add at least one of everything to my collection and some of the stuff that's come out the past few years weren't that great. If you take a look at my card collection on the new Portfolio 52 database (link in signature), you'll find some not so great decks in there. These days, I'm focused a little more on quality over quantity. There's no point in having a bunch of decks you don't really enjoy. I hope that makes sense.
Eoghann wrote:
Interested to see the all black deck next to the sleep no more and the Concorde one!
The deck next to the Concorde is the Rockwell deck which I think you have? The all black deck if the Goverdose deck which I also think you have. but if you don't I'll be going back to those earlier decks I posted in more detail later in this thread.

This next deck is a favorite deck in my collection. It's the Brussels Euro Joker Club 10th anniversary deck release in 1998. Only 400 were made. These were drawn by Yvette Cleuter. I have a different BEJC club deck that I'll post a little later as well. Here are some pics of this one

Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Wow, now that is a cool deck! Love the number cards.

Sorry, my English-Fu isn't very strong sometimes. I meant the Concorde deck, not the one next to it. I do have the red and blue Rockwells, you're right. :)

Glad to see the GDA deck made it to your hands!
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

I love that Joker club deck, it's been on my wishlist for a while and I was just bidding on it a few days ago before the seller pulled the plug. :evil:

I also spy Odd Bods, General Dynamics and ELAL which are also on my wishlist. I regret not getting that life comes in numbers deck now too.

At least I also have the Dark Suits though, great choice there, it was one of my first in my collection.
decibelhz

Here are some pics of the cards for decks I posted earlier
This one is the Concorde deck which were available to those who flew on the Concorde lines during its operation. I'm not sure what year this deck is from but the line was in operation from 1976 to 2003. The deck comes with a bridge score card and 3 jokers. 2 red and one black that have the same graphic:

This is the red version of the Rockwell International deck. There is also a blue version which I still have on my wish list to get. I think these were only given away to employees during the 80's. full deck with 2 jokers

Jock1971

Great Pictures 8-) 8-)
The Concorde deck was printed by Carta Mundi in 1985. Interestingly for me the 2nd edition of this deck came with Waddington Jokers for some strange reason.

Really enjoying looking at your thread decibelhz...Thanks for showing your cards :D
Collector

Unread post by Collector »

Nice collection.
DragonSoul

Unread post by DragonSoul »

LOVE that Joker Club deck! And now I must add Dark Suits to my wish list. Thanks!
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

There aren't enough space-themed decks out there. Love the Rockwell deck!
chess

Unread post by chess »

I have number 128

decibelhz

More decks.

This one is a Dutch set from the 90's It was printed in 1993 and designed by Francois Gervais and published in a limited edition of 1800 by Unisource from Groningen which is a now defunct subdivision of a large Dutch telecommunications company. The deck was supposed to be a Christmas gift for employees and for PR but it was not completed in time. When the company went out of business, the decks were made available for purchase by collectors.

This is the CIrcus Transformation deck by F. Robert Schick printed in 1988. Limited to 1000 copies. the decks have gold edges. Comes in a wooden box with a booklet and coin.

This deck is the other Brussels Euro Joker Club Deck

Scottish Historical Society Playing card set from 1976

The gold color on this deck looks fantastic

JPS Playing card set from the 80's illustrated by Nick Price

ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Seriously? You also have experience the circus deck and another euro Joker Club deck. You really do have all the good stuff!
Jock1971

The Dutch Oval set is absolutely Stunning :drool: :drool: