[Frimann79] My Collection

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

Frimann79
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 200

[Frimann79] My Collection

Unread post by Frimann79 »

Hi. My name is Johnny, and I'm a card addict.

I'm 35 and I live in Denmark (which transforms most $5 decks from the US into $20 decks) :x I'm definately more a collector than a cardist or magician even though I enjoy all three hobbies. I'm kinda famous on the local pubs for doing card tricks though, so in public these roles are switched a bit. I very rarely tell people about my card collection :D

Since I haven't been collecting for about 5 years, looking at my collection is a bit like walking into a time machine. I have a lot of nice decks.. 5 years ago, haha. A couple of weeks ago I was checking eBay for something totally different, but somehow I ended up browsing through all the cool new decks that have arrived since I stopped collecting. When I saw the Gatorbacks I just new that I had to own them. Then I discovered KickStarter and suddenly I was as hooked as 5 years ago. I'm really trying to take it easy and only buy the most necessary stuff.. which seems to be around 200 different decks :lol:

Since I haven't been collecting for so long I haven't been displaying my collection either.. so today I did the good old "wipe your desk" display so I could show you guys the goodies. Later this week I'll try to break down my collection some more and take some individual pictures and stuff like that. Enjoy.. and feel free to ask me anything that comes to mind :)

A little bit of vintage stuff:

Couple of signatures:

Some of my favorites, V1, 2 and 3 S&M and other D&D related cards:

Some high end stuff (atleast 5 years ago):
Frimann79

Re: [Frimann79] My Collection

Okay, here's my first attempt to present some of my favorite cards. The light is really crappy, so the colors suck.

I wish I had a cool setup so I could take some nice pictures. Here's what I had to go with :D
Image Image

First, my David Blaine collection. I really need those green and red Gatorbacks:
Image Image

These are some of my absolute favorites.. the Sinatra Desert Inn set:
Image Image

And of course my Jerry's:
Image Image

The backgrounds are just web-found pictures and I'm fully aware that the pictures don't have any artistic value. I'm just fooling around and enjoying my cards :)
dazzleguts
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Unread post by dazzleguts »

I really like the Split Spades and Gators too.

I notice you have multiples of a lot of the decks. Were you buying bricks, or half bricks, to be able to use some of the cards?

Have you been collecting the vintage decks all along, or only recently? If any of those decks are open you are hereby invited to post them in the WorldWide Time Machine so we may see them in detail. :drool:
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
Frimann79

Yup, most of my multiples are there because I use up a fair amount of cards. I do some card tricks that require tearing them up, and I also use the cheap decks for poker and for cardistry practice. So I'm a happy camper when I find cheap bulks on eBay (with decent shipping to EU). Other multiples are there because I really love the cards (like the Smoke and Mirror and Bee Stingers) or for trading purposes :roll:

I've never really been collecting vintage, but of course if I stumble upon nice decks at the right price I pick them up :) But lately I seem to have picked up some interest for vintage. I'm actually waiting for some old danish and german decks to arrive. All my vintage decks are opened so I'll gladly post some detailed photos. I'll see if I can get it done during this weekend :ugdance:
Frimann79

New display wall :ugdance:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Still much work/fun to do. The two other round shelves will be decorated in the same style as the Nintendo one. I'm not sure about the themes though. I have the Sinatra Desert Inn set and it would be pretty cool to do a Sinatra theme. Another idea is an Olympic themed shelf with decks from various Olympic games.

Oh, and I need some more shelves.. dozens of new cards incoming :ugdance:
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Those round shelves are awesome. I like how you are doing them as themes.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I like the mario party setup. I need that.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Collector

Unread post by Collector »

M-m-m. Everything looks as beautiful as dangerous. Vintage decks on the upper shelf?
@Frimann79, have you ever dropped any deck? I hope no.
I did. The result was very sad... especially for a rare deck with signed tuck case.

p.s. Nice collection.
Frimann79

Collector>> Of course I have. It's the worst feeling in the world, right? I also get ticks when I see other people dropping cards on the floor.. even if it's completely worthless card and they don't care :mrgreen:
zimonledemon

Unread post by zimonledemon »

That is a really nice collection dude!
i have always wanted to get an expert at the card table deck but they are super expensive now.
DragonSoul

Unread post by DragonSoul »

Very Nice! I love the Mario Party theme!
dleiber
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 150

Unread post by dleiber »

Love, love, love your displays!!!! Nice!

Very cool collection, too.