[goonie] My vintage and magic cards collection...

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

dazzleguts
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Re: [goonie] My vintage and magic cards collection...

Unread post by dazzleguts »

Sorry to hear of the accident. Monster trucks are very intimidating as it is without being rammed by one. Hope your MRI helps in the healing.

There isn't really a section in UC specifically for posting images of magic cards, unless you are doing a trick video for the magic and cardistry section.

There's at least one fanning deck in the WorldWide already, the Skittles Fanning Deck designed by magician Yutaka Kikuchi (Japan), so magic decks are certainly welcome. It's less about the specific use of the deck and more about the graphics and/or historical context. No hard and fast rules but try to show the back, courts, identifying ace, and a few pip cards.
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
goonie

Unread post by goonie »

dazzleguts wrote:There isn't really a section in UC specifically for posting images of magic cards, unless you are doing a trick video for the magic and cardistry section.

There's at least one fanning deck in the WorldWide already, the Skittles Fanning Deck designed by magician Yutaka Kikuchi (Japan), so magic decks are certainly welcome. It's less about the specific use of the deck and more about the graphics and/or historical context. No hard and fast rules but try to show the back, courts, identifying ace, and a few pip cards.
Thanks. I will post them in the worldwide time machine. I should have some time tomorrow.
Harinam
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 16

Unread post by Harinam »

The case for the Shakespeare inspired deck by Waddington is ridiculously good. I don't think I have seen anything like it. Btw is that leather on top of it with a "polished metal?" seal?
goonie

Unread post by goonie »

Harinam wrote:The case for the Shakespeare inspired deck by Waddington is ridiculously good. I don't think I have seen anything like it. Btw is that leather on top of it with a "polished metal?"
Thanks. I like it too. I remember buying them for my dad when I was a kid visiting Stratford Upon Avon with my school (Long ago! lol). Unfortunately though, it is faux faux leather. And the seal, which is a very thin is a stamped foil that has been sprayed to make it look old, is also falling off and I had to bent it back into shape, losing some of it's form. I agree nevertheless, they do look nice together.

I will definitely be posting more pics of my collection today and this weekend.

Hope you enjoy them...