[Godzillian] My collection + new stuff coming in

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

Godzillian

[Godzillian] My collection + new stuff coming in

Unread post by Godzillian »

All right, here goes. My collection consists of about 160~170 decks, though that includes duplicates, triplicates, what have you. I mostly collect modern decks. Vintage decks are nice and all, and I plan to get one in the future, but none really speak out to me. If anyone can recommend a Venexian custom vintage deck, I would be willing to search for one... but right now, my priorities are on Jackson Robinson & Lotrek's stuff.

My most recent acquirement... 2 of which are going to a local cardist.
IMG_0073.JPG
I picked up the Pagans & Requiems at the same time from the PO - double the treats! These are absolutely fantastic.
IMG_0072.JPG
Can't wait for Chris Ovdiyenko's latest stuff.
IMG_0085.JPG
Sherlock decks. Awesome. I missed out on Moriarty V2s, so I'll be looking for those...
IMG_0075.JPG
Godzillian

Re: [Godzillian] My collection + new stuff coming in

I will definitely be getting Uncommon Beat's next Black Book deck.
IMG_0089.JPG
Exquisites! Every time I handle them, I get this weird feeling on my fingers. It's almost like residue. My hands might be more sensitive to this stuff, because I got eczema.
IMG_0091.JPG
The Asuras are fun to play with. I actually did get 1 more Black Asura, but I'm trying to resell that to save on my shipping costs.
IMG_0092.JPG
The 4/14 April Fool's deck is awesome. I'd even say, better than the actual Viper Pro XCM decks. They're just much more fun to fan.
IMG_0093.JPG
Godzillian

My girlfriend actually got me these. Utopia is all sorts of great, and the White Ghosts are one of my fave decks to play with. I don't have a spare, so I don't actually play with it often :( In fact, the White Ghosts is what got me into this hobby in the first place o_o
IMG_0084.JPG
Aurum & Zeniths! Haven't opened Aurums yet, but the Zenith is fun to play with. Again, I get some weird residue-feel after playing with them. This happens with the Black Legends V2 and Exquisites.
IMG_0094.JPG
A friend gave me this. These Diablo 3 cards were included in a poker set, that was given out at Blizzcon 2010.
IMG_0081.JPG
Got these with a Spiderman T-shirt from Hot Topic with a coupon. Forgot what was the coupon though, it was somewhere between $10-15 off $30+ purchase.
IMG_0079.JPG
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

LOL about the "Bacon" cards, buddy! Nice stuff, and as always I appreciate it when someone let's us see what they have in their hands.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Jock1971

Unread post by Jock1971 »

Awesome collection you`ve shown so far Godzillian. Can`t wait to see more :drool: :drool: Do you flourish or play games with your cards?
Godzillian

Jock1971 wrote:Awesome collection you`ve shown so far Godzillian. Can`t wait to see more :drool: :drool: Do you flourish or play games with your cards?

Both! I believe that cards are meant to be played with, but the collector side of me always keeps at least 1 copy sealed.
Mike Ratledge wrote:LOL about the "Bacon" cards, buddy! Nice stuff, and as always I appreciate it when someone let's us see what they have in their hands.

Thanks Mike!

My only Legends... I would've gotten the other colors, but the V2 Red/Blues don't have the same marking system as the originals, which are too pricey for me anyways.
IMG_0102.JPG
My only Madisons. I wish DM went with this direction, instead of hopping on the Wynn train. The Hustlers are at least a better direction than the Wynn Madisons...
IMG_0103.JPG
Skulkors, don't really know what else to say. Joker design is nice, but lack a reveal. Back design is nice, but borders are a little too thick. Courts are all standard. This deck is one of the boring ones in my collection.
IMG_0104.JPG
Primavera & Seronda Seasons!!! I'm sure these would be among my favorites if I would just open them! But I can't do it, they're too pure. Also, I have no clue how to tell if my Seasons are V1 or V2 from the tuckbox. If anyone can help me with this, you'll get a cookie.
IMG_0099.JPG
Godzillian

Also, I tried not using as much flash in the previous post and this post... but I think I'll go back to using it. It just seems weird having the pictures in this thread gradually get darker and darker and darker...

I used flash for these Artisans. They're the 04/13 set. Fun to play with, but ultimately, not my staple deck.
IMG_0095.JPG
Black & White Arcanes! I'm deciding whether I should hunt down the Red/Gold/Gaff Arcanes, but they're out of my price range right now. $20 - 25 is the maximum I can spend on one deck for now. Very cool decks though, my favorites from Ellusionist.
IMG_0097.JPG
Tally Ho Circle Backs! These are very close to my staple deck, but I prefer the Ohio made Tallys. Kentucky Tallys are a hit and miss. It seems like the newer Kentucky Tallys are generally worse than older Kentucky Tallys...
IMG_0101.JPG
Behold, my horribly incomplete Lotrek collection! I used to have a spare set of White & Black Venexianas, but I ended up giving a White one to my coworker, and a Black one to my girlfriend. Now where on earth is the Fairy deck...
IMG_0105.JPG
wahl0108
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

Looks good! Do you have any Virtuoso Launch edition decks? I bought a Moriarty V2 but I'm going to get rid of it when I get it since the rest of the set is just too expensive if you'd be willing to trade. Your Seasons decks look like V1s because the V1 tuck box has gold writing whereas the V2 tucks have silver writing. Nice to see someone who enjoys Utopia as well :)
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck
Godzillian

wahl0108 wrote:Looks good! Do you have any Virtuoso Launch edition decks? I bought a Moriarty V2 but I'm going to get rid of it when I get it since the rest of the set is just too expensive if you'd be willing to trade. Your Seasons decks look like V1s because the V1 tuck box has gold writing whereas the V2 tucks have silver writing. Nice to see someone who enjoys Utopia as well :)
My Seasons are V2 then, they have silver writing :( It only looks gold in the pictures because of the flash.

The problem with trading is that it is extremely expensive, shipping-wise. To ship 1 deck from Canada to US would cost $10 via bubble wrap, or $15+ via small box. I would be willing to purchase it from you though!

And nope, don't have Virtuoso Launch edition. Oh well, the Summer/Spring editions are more suited to this season anyway :3
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Awesome collection! :D

Seasons v1 have gold lettering on the tuck box and if you open them, they have gold accents on the card faces. The Seasons v2 have silver/platinum lettering on the tuck box and silver/platinum accents on the card faces.
SwissArmyTenor
Magician: Yes

Unread post by SwissArmyTenor »

The only possible reaction to your collection!

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Godzillian wrote:
The problem with trading is that it is extremely expensive, shipping-wise. To ship 1 deck from Canada to US would cost $10 via bubble wrap, or $15+ via small box. I would be willing to purchase it from you though!
I was going to see if I could take the Black Asura off your hands but I see you live in America's hat, er, I mean Canada ;) and shipping to the US would be more than I'd want to pay on the deck! lol But very nice collection! I remember when I set my limit to $30 a deck... Ah to be young. And rich!