[Almond Twist] Titanic

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

Almond Twist
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

[Almond Twist] Titanic

Unread post by Almond Twist »

Nothing too special - but they were bought at the last port that Titanic visited before it went down. The day we were there it was very ominous - and in the fog I swore it looked like Titanic was out there. But in reality - it was another big black ship...
Attachments
deck titanic.jpg
deck titanic 2.jpg
volantangel
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Re: [Almond Twist] Titanic

Unread post by volantangel »

Interesting deck, would you show us more of the cards itself ? You dont come across one of these every other day.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Love how it looks like a very old deck by the heavy use you've given it. :)
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Pretty sure Southampton was the ONLY port Titanic visited... ;)

Nice photos though!
Almond Twist
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Almond Twist »

montecarlojoe wrote:Pretty sure Southampton was the ONLY port Titanic visited... ;)

Nice photos though!
That is what I thought - but when we were traveling in Ireland we came up on a huge - and very emotional - Titanic display. When you went in they gave you a name - someone who was on the Titanic. Before you left they told you if you made it or not...

The town, now called Cobh, is where Father Francis Browne left the Titanic - he was the only one to do so. He sailed from South Hampton to Cobh (was called Queenstown) and got off. We are all lucky that Browne was a photographer because he took the last photos of the crew / inside the ship / and this photo... the last one ever taken of the Titanic. It was an erie day to say the least! Well of course I had to pick up a few decks of cards. I love it when you have to travel to get a set of cards. Kind of made me feel like I "earned" them...

By the way - these cards are from the 100 anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.
Attachments
151709_t607.JPG
151709_t607.JPG (78.03 KiB) Viewed 1205 times